Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:07 PM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Tall women are really scary. IMO.
Come say that to my face, mutha....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,190 times
Well glad im not intimidated by taller women cuz of my brawny Arms and surfboard abs i've got ..at 5'8 im quite sexy for my better half .. and for those tall chick who think they can be kick ass girls ..lol i'd love to mud wrestle yall anytime hehe ..however i get intimidated by girls who fret about everything thats superficial ! and those ask tooooooo many questions that has no answer .. pfft thats actually funny and cute at times but not always ..so girls .. ah no worries however u are whatever u do ..just be yourself ..dont smack us with a fish lol

Old 12-17-2009, 02:05 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,552,822 times
I'm 6'00" and I currently love it. I wouldn't want to be shorter and my man loves that I'm tall. I hated my height when I was a girl (I was growing very quickly and everyone else was growing more reasonably) because I always looked much older (and felt clumsier, despite being a good athlete and having great coordination) and was more visible than my mates. It was uncomfortable. Nobody mocked me or anything because I always gave the (false) impression of being very self-confident and because I got along well with everybody, but I kept dreaming I was shorter and all. The pictures my school took were my mates and I are together and my First Communion's pics, I just couldn't look at them. Most of my friends were only as tall as my shoulders or my neck!

Then at 13 or so I reached my current height. While most of my friends were fretting about their sudden physical changes, I despite being in my teen years thought that my body was a little under control finally. I could easily find clothes for my age range and most of them suited me great. I also realised that boys were growing quickly now and that many of them were interested in me. Visibility was not a problem anymore. I at last didn't feel like I was imposing my presence on anybody.

I think that most men aren't intimidated by tall women (some are intimidated by your attractiveness, though). In many cases, tall women have been intimidated by their own height. Women are supposed to be petite and many of us felt guilty at some point because we couldn't help being un-petite. Self-confidence is attractive and we find it aplenty when we get past our growing-too-quickly years in hell

Last edited by noela; 12-17-2009 at 02:17 AM..

Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 AM

23 posts, read 32,932 times
I don't find taller women intimidating so much as I simply don't find them attractive.

Women want a taller man to feel protected, and men want a shorter woman to protect. Obviously that's not a concrete rule, and as this topic has shown some men are OK with -or even prefer- taller women, but that "primal" logic certainly applies to me.

Give me a nice, petite, 5-5'5" woman that I can hold in my arms, please.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:16 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
I'm 6'00" and I currently love it. I wouldn't want to be shorter and my man loves that I'm tall. I hated my height when I was a girl (I was growing very quickly and everyone else was growing more reasonably) because I always looked much older (and felt clumsier, despite being a good athlete and having great coordination) and was more visible than my mates. It was uncomfortable. Nobody mocked me or anything because I always gave the (false) impression of being very self-confident and because I got along well with everybody, but I kept dreaming I was shorter and all. The pictures my school took were my mates and I are together and my First Communion's pics, I just couldn't look at them. Most of my friends were only as tall as my shoulders or my neck!

Then at 13 or so I reached my current height. While most of my friends were fretting about their sudden physical changes, I despite being in my teen years thought that my body was a little under control finally. I could easily find clothes for my age range and most of them suited me great. I also realised that boys were growing quickly now and that many of them were interested in me. Visibility was not a problem anymore. I at last didn't feel like I was imposing my presence on anybody.

I think that most men aren't intimidated by tall women (some are intimidated by your attractiveness, though). In many cases, tall women have been intimidated by their own height. Women are supposed to be petite and many of us felt guilty at some point because we couldn't help being un-petite. Self-confidence is attractive and we find it aplenty when we get past our growing-too-quickly years in hell
Hey Sweety first of all consider yourself gifted .. just an added few inches to your height is actually an asset ..so dont feel proud about it nor feel guilty ..its all in the genes .. im 5'8 and much shorter than u ..gee hehe ..sometimes i do feel like to be a little taller ..so i use all the resources around like elevator shoes and stuffs lol ..im quite confident about the way i look ..thank god there are many other things we can do to feel good about .. but we cant do anything about growing taller ..naturally at my age thats 27 its impossible ..however i'd really love to actually even marry a girl your height ..only if we dont care about the society ..its hard for them to believe a tall girl would actually fall for someone way too shorter than her..and no one would ever want to be a subject to ridicule about ..thats what our society have become today..but again there are poeple like Sophie Dahl and Jamie Cullum who care less about them ..thats true love and such are the people who are really admired socially despite their uncanny pair .. well i'd definitely be more a gentleman than a pint sized bugger whos intimidated by taller girls ..infact i like chatting up with them ..so long they're comfortable with me ..and ofcourse for those short skinny guys ..they should really hit the gym and get into shape to attract females if at all height is a great issue for them ..or else simply live the way u are nothing comes without any efforts ..work hard be honest and just be cool ..everyones destined to meet their match ! ..tall or short really doesnt matter ..and all u tall girls ..try dating a shorter guy u might never know u'll find that someone who'd love u more than anybody ..seriously ! dont get intimidated by anything height, weight and social status ..all those things are secondary ..look for someone who values your opinion and makes u feel important ..thats all i gotta say for now ..Noella what do ya say do i stand a chance to date u? take care and god bless u dear .. add me as a friend if u dont mind ..i've always admired taller women

Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,728 times
No woman intimidates me, tall, short, skinny or fat. I'm only 5'5, so most women think I'm too short to date to begin with. I find taller women more receptive and respectful to me even though most don't bother to look my way. Height does matter, and any woman who says otherwise isn't telling the truth and is trying to sound less shallow. Men are just as shallow and insecure, but I know I'm not one of them. There are men between 5'10 and 6'2 who will never date a girl that's taller than they are. In fact, they prefer short or really short. I don't believe tall women face the same negativity as short men because there are still more tall men that will date a tall or taller woman as opposed to a short woman who will date a shorter guy or a guy as short as they are. Women shorter than me usually prefer men really tall themselves, so it's not like I have much choice with them either. I do have a preference for taller, curvier ladies with long legs that aren't waifs. Trying to find a quality tall woman who sees past my 5'5 frame and will look me in the face, eye to eye has become an extremely difficult task. Still, I have no problems approaching women taller or much taller than myself. They have problems with me approaching them. My best guess is because taller women can't get past the supposed embarrassment or shame that their circle of male and female friends, mostly female, will put on them if they are seen in public with a guy shorter than they are. I can live with not being sexually attractive to a taller woman because a tall girl told me straight up that I was a nice, good-looking guy, but I didn't excite her in any way because I was too short for her. She did let me down easy though by apologizing.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:06 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
I'm almost 5'11 and I've never had a problem. I'm kinda waify looking tho so I don't look very intimidating, I think. More like you could snap me in half. LOL.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,053 times
I'm 6'3 and it wouldn't be appropriate for me to be with a woman of equal height or 3 inches shorter. I prefer women that are 5'7 and 5'10. Anything over that, that ain't right. I don't like a female Andre The Giant.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I'm 6'3 and it wouldn't be appropriate for me to be with a woman of equal height or 3 inches shorter. I prefer women that are 5'7 and 5'10. Anything over that, that ain't right. I don't like a female Andre The Giant.
Geez, I used to be called that in elementary school. Then I kicked their a$s. Ahh...memories.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Geez, I used to be called that in elementary school. Then I kicked their a$s. Ahh...memories.
However, some tall women can be quite attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships