Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:17 AM

468 posts, read 1,220,527 times

Advertisements

Nearly everyone is doomed according to a brief look at the messages on this forum. It's got guys dating girls and not sleeping with them and complaining about it, and guys dating girls and not sleeping with them and not complaining about it, and girls dating guys and not sleeping with them and complaining about it, and girls dating guys and sleeping with them and complaining about it, and guys not dating girls and not sleeping with them and complaining about it, and ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 05:31 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Any guy worth your time or thought at all would not only not expect you to do that he would help you stay true to yourself.

EXPit,
I like this advice.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Out of reps for you, but very well said! I do feel like a zombie quite often...
This is exactly how i feel too. It's almost like i can't get excited about a relationship anymore. I like dating, but as soon as it starts feeling like a relationship, i just can't get into it.

I'm dating this guy now how seems like he's great. Notice, i wrote seems great, b/c for some reason, i always wait for the other shoe to drop, and i feel like once i start being good and nice, that's when it'll happen.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Yes

Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Well why is a relationship so bad again?

And why don't you have a plan of action and a plan B and C for the way you'd like your relationships to be? That way you are not so fearful and anxious, that way you don't miss out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeNYCer View Post
This is exactly how i feel too. It's almost like i can't get excited about a relationship anymore. I like dating, but as soon as it starts feeling like a relationship, i just can't get into it.

I'm dating this guy now how seems like he's great. Notice, i wrote seems great, b/c for some reason, i always wait for the other shoe to drop, and i feel like once i start being good and nice, that's when it'll happen.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:07 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,846,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Yes
Yes.

But seriously, folks, no one is impressed if you planted a tree or got a kitty out of one. Some people will say "oh, that is so sweet of you," but that doesn't mean they want to date you. If you are a woman your best ticket to finding a man is being a royal *****, because you are challenging. As many men on here have said, the best way for a man to find a woman is to be a jerk or "bad boy." The stereotypical description of ideal mate includes "nice," but results seem to show attractiveness, money, and not-so-friendly demeanor are more likely to lead you down the aisle to eternal pseudo-bliss.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:04 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I have trust issues. I WANT to trust that people are going to do the right thing, but I'm normally disappointed. The fact that I wouldn't steal from someone, or kick them out on the street, or that I work hard raises the expectation in me that other people are going to do the same. But I find that is usually NOT the case.

Do I "trust" you? Probably not. It is very hard for me to do so.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:48 AM

179 posts, read 610,996 times
I'm generally a kind-hearted person - probably because I feel for people so much. When it comes to friendships and acquaintances, I will go out of my way to show that person kindness and love. Not in the creepy way but just sending them a kind-hearted text when they're feeling down and etc. The reason why I do this is because I really care about people and the stuff that happens to them in their life and the feelings they feel. . . I know that I have a choice to be a positive influence, a negative influence, or no influence at all in someone's life and so being a positive element sounds a hell of a lot more beneficial to everyone than the other two.

Now, I can be extremely selfish - especially when it comes to certain guys and how I want them to want me for my own selfish reasons that have nothing to do with them at all - but I'm working on keeping that down to a bare minimum and gradually I'm improving.

People are always saying that they want to change the world. Well, how do you change the world? You change it through people because people are after all what makes up our world. How do you change people? You can't, but your kindness may leave a lasting impression on them.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
In romance? I'm talking about people who have the following characteristics of: empathy, reliability, loyalty, agreeability, sensitivity, cooperativeness, being warm-hearted & good-natured, compassion, friendliness, & being deliberative.

What about in romantic, sexual relationships? Are genuinely kind-hearted people more damned if they do than if they don't, in a relationship? As in more liable to get hurt, get their hearts "trampled" on, get taken advantage of? I know that many mistake kindness as weakness so I just wanted to see what the thoughts were of people. I also know that good people are likelier to be loved & appreciated by other good people rather than by a "bad" person. Is being a "good" person currently more of a fault than a favor?

We've all heard about the "good girl", "nice guy" descriptions & the word that usually follows after is: boring. But for a long-term relationship, wouldn't we prefer something to be more positively predictable & reliable rather than all the drama that is within a bad relationship?

Also, I know that people's definitions of what's good & what's bad differ, but the universal traits of what is good are usually similar cross culturally.

Thoughts?
People with these qualities just tend to have bad judgement.

They want to help. They want to be the comforter. What happens is they get over their head. They think they will help but it backfires and they end up miserable.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:32 PM

283 posts, read 934,368 times
In all situation,s nice people need to be careful of not being taken advantage of, and in relationships, not be taken for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships