Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:53 PM

21 posts, read 52,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
What are Swedish women’s attitudes towards love, relationship and sex? Is that much different than Russian women?
Swedish women's attitudes towards those thing are probably the same as in any nation, I don't know about how different they are than russian ones but I would think they are different in some ways thats why I made this topic so I could find out more about it. and then I guess alot that makes me want to have a russian women is that it's simply another nation with different language, different way and that I have always been fascinated by Russia.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:55 PM

300 posts, read 735,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Your lost. My brother is dating a Russian girl named Julia. They have been together for the past four years and they make a really great couple. She tells me that many of her friends have difficulty, with meeting men because the good ones are all taken(sound familiar). So she is working hard for me to date one of her friends. But the point is that most of the women don't take Putin propaganda serious. Its the same way there as here. The young don't care about politics.
People may be sceptical of propaganda itself, but the mindset is still heavily affected by it. Russian nationalism has been steadily rising and therefore, outward migration steadily declining, here's the statistical data from Russian State Satistics agency: here. The state is getting really desperate to keep people from leaving and bring back anyone willing to come back.

As of your story, so, what's the real beef here? How are they dating for 4 years and still not married? Julia "working hard" but no success so far, nothing? I thought so. You claim to know one (just one) Russian person and you think you know all about Russian? Yeah, baby.

And the young care a lot about politics. On Russian forums the "politics" section is always the most busy one, there is much more traffic than in any other section save the "relationships"

Old 05-03-2009, 03:56 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decypher View Post
Swedish women's attitudes towards those thing are probably the same as in any nation, I don't know about how different they are than russian ones but I would think they are different in some ways thats why I made this topic so I could find out more about it. and then I guess alot that makes me want to have a russian women is that it's simply another nation with different language, different way and that I have always been fascinated by Russia.
Well here in the states men tend to like southern woman more because the are not as cold and harsh as the ones in the north.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:58 PM

52,262 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Go to Russia.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Go to Russia.
If it was that easy. The country is virtually closed: you need an entry visa and an exit visa, like in Saudi. You can buy a tour or you can befriend a Russian person who would sponsor you, but you can't just go. That's why anyone without personal relations on that end has to go through an agency. Or troll on Russian forums till you find someone.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
People may be sceptical of propaganda itself, but the mindset is still heavily affected by it. Russian nationalism has been steadily rising and therefore, outward migration steadily declining, here's the statistical data from Russian State Satistics agency: here. The state is getting really desperate to keep people from leaving and bring back anyone willing to come back.

As of your story, so, what's the real beef here? How are they dating for 4 years and still not married? Julia "working hard" but no success so far, nothing? I thought so. You claim to know one (just one) Russian person and you think you know all about Russian? Yeah, baby.

And the young care a lot about politics. On Russian forums the "politics" section is always the most busy one, there is much more traffic than in any other section save the "relationships"
[Mod cut] Pat yourself on the back. I don't just know one russian person I know many of them. Chicago is full of Russian's especially in the NW suburbs. Probably more Russians here than in all of Seattle area. The point is that people are people all over. Like you being a d ick wouldn't change if you were polish, russian, etc. Also you can't judge a place just by the internet. You have to go there and see. Internet is a bad place because most people don't respond to internet forums or are extremists in their views. So they post on internet forums and not in real life due to fear.
Remember the internet is not the real world. It is helpful but it doesn't replace real life.

Last edited by mrstewart; 05-03-2009 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
I got to know casually some russian girls when they came over on temporary visas to work in the ski towns I lived in. Didn't really do much for me. I found them on the whole emotionless and cold. Some of them were quite attractive however. In my personal experience the baltic, polish, czech, hungarian and slovak girls were much more pleasing to me. A bit more amicable and pleasant they were.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I got to know casually some russian girls when they came over on temporary visas to work in the ski towns I lived in. Didn't really do much for me. I found them on the whole emotionless and cold. Some of them were quite attractive however. In my personal experience the baltic, polish, czech, hungarian and slovak girls were much more pleasing to me. A bit more amicable and pleasant they were.
Yeah, one day I had a dinner at a restaurant in a ski resort in CO, and a couple of waitresses passed by swearing in Russian so badly that it made me blush, me who went through the service in the Soviet Army and the student labor camps (stroyotryady) in Siberia. I told them in Russian, "girls, it's no good swearing like this, please calm down". They sprang with joy hearing familiar speech and instantly invited me for a party. Turned out, they were seasonal workers from all over Russia, from St Pete to Far East. At the party, without much hesitation, they started asking me where they could find quality men to marry. One of them already found a local boyfriend but she was not happy with him as the guy turned out poor "as a church rat" and weird. Had to disappoint them, obviously, I knew no one of quality and available then and I don't know one now either...

Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Yeah, one day I had a dinner at a restaurant in a ski resort in CO, and a couple of waitresses passed by swearing in Russian so badly that it made me blush, me who went through the service in the Soviet Army and the student labor camps (stroyotryady) in Siberia. I told them in Russian, "girls, it's no good swearing like this, please calm down". They sprang with joy hearing familiar speech and instantly invited me for a party. Turned out, they were seasonal workers from all over Russia, from St Pete to Far East. At the party, without much hesitation, they started asking me where they could find quality men to marry. One of them already found a local boyfriend but she was not happy with him as the guy turned out poor "as a church rat" and weird. Had to disappoint them, obviously, I knew no one of quality and available then and I don't know one now either...
I found mostly they kept to themselves and never really got out among the local population which made it harder for them to assimilate while they were here. I never really felt any of them were angling for husbands though, however I'm sure a few had come over with that intention. Strangely, the Argentinian girls were worse about that.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I found mostly they kept to themselves and never really got out among the local population which made it harder for them to assimilate while they were here. I never really felt any of them were angling for husbands though, however I'm sure a few had come over with that intention. Strangely, the Argentinian girls were worse about that.
Ordinary Argentinians usually speak English better than ordinary Russians: there are much more American and British teaching English in Buenos than in Moscow/St Pete let alone in smaller towns around Russia. In that case of my encounter in CO, the language and especially cultural barriers were simply unsurpassable for those girls. What they were swearing about, they were cursing their manager who obviously had hard time understanding them, making himself understood and gave them too much work while their mind was fixed on the idea of finding marriage-minded men. I saw that boyfriend of the one who found a boyfriend - the guy was scruffy looking, unkempt, unclean, unshaven and indeed weird. I really could not help them because, it's would not be easy to find a quality match even for my American born lady friends, let alone for a Russian seasonal worker who has trouble speaking, understanding, sending and receiving unspoken signals which are crucually important for starting a relationship. I used to hang out with former compatriots a lot earlier in my years in the USA, seen plenty of those former brides and wives... There were plenty of horror stories to tell about. Many found what they were looking for, from the first, second or even third attempt, many didn't make it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships