Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:09 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Jail just encourages those behaviors.
Heh, there you go! They can have more sex than they probably even want in lockup!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well over in the UK I heard in the parks it is quite a problem with hetero and homo people. Apparently it is called "dogging" in reference to saying you are going out to walk the dog. I guess the way it works is people connect on line and then have random encounters in the park around dinner time into evening.

I had never heard of it and didn't believe it so I looked it up online and hey what a surprise.
The park I go to is an infamous gay hangout. Before my ex told me what was going on, I really never noticed anything. Then I started seeing all these guys by themselves just hanging out all the time. I didn't stop going cus its such a beautiful park, and I guess these guys are very discreet because I've never seen them getting it on either. Oh and I live in Texas, so yeah, this goes on a lot everywhere, I guess.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:04 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
"Homophobic?" So, does that mean that anyone who doesn't want straight couples engaging in similar activities publicly is "heterophobic?" If heterosexual couples do that sort of thing, they're arrested. And if men made strong advances toward women (or vice-versa) in particular public areas, they could be charged with sexual harassment or sexual assault.

Sorry, but if they want "equality," then they should start by changing their own behavior and following the decency standards that the rest of us are expected to obey. Sheesh, keep it in the bars and take it to motels like everyone else does!
Bravo!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
My gay friend told me a similar story, however, they are just meeting for random hook ups, the actual sex could happen in a car, a room, or somewhere private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The park I go to is an infamous gay hangout. Before my ex told me what was going on, I really never noticed anything. Then I started seeing all these guys by themselves just hanging out all the time. I didn't stop going cus its such a beautiful park, and I guess these guys are very discreet because I've never seen them getting it on either. Oh and I live in Texas, so yeah, this goes on a lot everywhere, I guess.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Maybe if gay people were accepted and encouraged to come out of the closet and date in their teen years there would be less weird sexual adventures.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:24 PM

13 posts, read 76,537 times
That doesn't seem like something the people of Holland would be party to. Im curious what Park, i didnt see it in the article. the reason i ask is because ive been to amsterdam, and the people and thier government are probably the most progressive society on the planet. Whether its social experiments with 'legalizing" 'soft' drugs, or forms of welfare, same sex marriage is legal, legalized euthnasia, and committment to the underpriveledged, disenfranchised, health concerns even for those who are the sole cause of their own physical and mental pain ie, drug addicts, . and those who have slipped through the cracks of our society and left to be forgotten.

As a whole, Holland sets a great example of what tolerance amongst a people can do for the society as a whole. Un fortunately in the states we'd never stand for this, we think everyone can pull themselves up by thier bootstraps, turn their lives around, and that we shouldnt have to pay for welfare and other forms of transference of wealth to a less privelged group of people. Yes, we all know that the richest, and the most driven hard working individuals that were able to lead productive lives as good citizens in thier community, will shoulder an 'unfair' burden(what is really fair? To take my money that i worked hard for, or to let someone suffer needlessly when you have the financial means to give, and you dont, becuase its "not my problem"??). But look at holland and what their example of tolerance has done. Much lower rates of drug use than in America (and im sure there are many different ideas as to why, but causation doesnt always equal effect. Thus, why would a country risk spikes in drug use, the crimes assoicted with it to fule the sales and addiction of its users? this has been the the U.S.'s reasong behind not willing to separate 'soft' drugs from 'hard' drugs. Here's what hollands leaders in government looked at, just the facts. There was rampant drug use among teens like here, and despite their efforts to punish people as severaly as murders and rapists, invest ungodly amounts of money into stemming importation and treating its citizens. So all that time, money, and ruined lives of both users and thier families and communities, they realized that after decades of fighting it in this manner, they werent reducing the problem. By educating their people, not deamonizing those who use the drugs and instead heavliy focusing on awarness and the right to choose as a free man how you want to live your life, they have one of lowest rates of drug users and crimes associated with it in the developed world. Isn't funny how given the choice, most people know right from wrong? you will always have a segment of a society thatwill not make wise choices, but lets not punish them so severly, cast them into the alleys of our streets while we snub our noses at them, that they feel even worse about what they done to themselves and those who love them, that they feel that they cant ever make a fresh start and live life fullfillingly.

As for this, issue about the park, I do remember when i was there (spent three months there over the summer by myself) that there was a growing voice for government control, specifically regarding illegal immigrants who in such great floods, overwhelmed the social system they had developed, and was now being expoited to such a great extense the citizens were not getting the healthcare and other thinsg they needed. I think it was 2006 when the entire countrys goverment shifted from liberal to a quickly growing christian movement aimed at having tighter controls.

If its Vondol Park, its very interesting, and a prime example of democracy, how quickly the voice of the masses can be heard and have influence

vondol park is known by foreingers, as a destination you must go to when in Amsterdam as it is naturally a gathering place of art, museums, and culture(von gogh musuem, and film pavilions, enormous parl with endless bike trails, statues, Birds, and rose gardens) all right acroos the street from the canals that are used as much if not more than the roads by the locals.

However, during the late 90's and early 21st century, the immigration problem, mostly from northern african countries, had caused the population to go from 10 million to 15. Even with the worlds 16 largest economy,( a impressive feet initself, due to major flooding that would cover as much as half the country every year, thus spruning the largest wtaer reclamtion project the world has ever seen and probaly ever will. By the way, there are seen as the modern day Vikings, creating new and sophisticated technology on such a large scale that rotterdam has become the worlds busiest port, and the most effiecnt, using unmanned loaders that take cargo to a preset gps point all without causing so much as a slight drop in productivity-they dont do anything half assed)

When i first arrived in the Netherlands i went to vondel park and was not expecting what i encountered, drug use in the park, homeless people, trash everywhere. after talking with the locals it became clear that they had surrendered it to the wave of immigrants. i would put money on this being the place

what is completely unlike them is that the signs only warn of homosexuals having sex. I mean come on, they dont have warning signs that say "hey!!! watch out for the red light district they got a bunch of legal prostituion businesses that have lines out the door. " They dont do that because its better to regulate it and provide some level of safety to those who engage in that, and if not for them the rest of the society who woudl potentially be affected by std's spreading throughout the people. ****, i bet the locals are use to seeing sex every where, but at least the prostitues have strict guidlines for testing for drug use to stds, and even providing them with health care (lets be honest that cant all be successful prostitutes, some just dont have the gift that keeps giving 12 hours a day 7 days a week with an hour lunch)

I think it is merely a political move caused by the backlash of its citizens to take control of the immigration problem that is litterally draining their ability to be tolerent. I know someone will make an easy and logical connection to how contradicting it is to everything they believe and have based their morals and rule of law on

Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
My sister lived in holland, married a dutch resident and we have dutch relatives and the whole system is collapsing fast. That's why you are starting to see things like signs being erected warning people of shanky activities in parks.

Tolerance is a great word but in order for it to work the other side has to be tolerant as well. In other words a public park and bathrooms should not be used for sexcapades. Having people dogging in a park is not being tolerant to children and other people using the park for practical purposes.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 PM

Show pity and compassion for The Homosexuals they know not what they do, if only they were free to date in their teen years and taught healthy relationship skills at an early age they wouldn't have such atrocious behavioral problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
My sister lived in holland, married a dutch resident and we have dutch relatives and the whole system is collapsing fast. That's why you are starting to see things like signs being erected warning people of shanky activities in parks.

Tolerance is a great word but in order for it to work the other side has to be tolerant as well. In other words a public park and bathrooms should not be used for sexcapades. Having people dogging in a park is not being tolerant to children and other people using the park for practical purposes.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:31 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Same here. You have to pay attention to notice that there are mostly men there. They park in back in an area you can't even see unless you go over there and it is way out of the way. Otherwise it's just a nice quiet park where people put down a blanket, read, walk their dogs, watch the birds. Oddly (or not) it is the only park in the area that hasn't been ruined. If the boys are what's keeping the noisy crowds and vendors away they can stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships