Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,291 times

Advertisements

I guess the first night we met since I also had sex with him on the same night lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
1st. But it was more like a goodnight peck.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,336 times
My SO and I didn't really "date" when we first started seeing each other (met through mutual friends and just hung out, went for walks, but not much I'd really call a date until after we'd been together a little while). After we first started seeing each other though, I think it was about a month or so before he finally made the move and kissed me (I'd been dropping somewhat obvious hints for at least a week beforehand though).

I've always tried to make it obvious to guys that I don't kiss on the first date (and by "obvious" I mean I'd tell them flat out).

Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM

305 posts, read 1,233,911 times
first kiss... 4 months of dating......

married 10 yrs

Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 AM

50 posts, read 248,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
So how would a guy know whether a girl wanted him to kiss her or make any sort of advances?
Short answer: you don't. Apparently there are ways that women show that they are interested in a kiss, such as talking by the car endlessly with no sign that they want to leave, looking at your lips, that sort of thing. My 'rule' is that you never kiss a woman unless she knows you are about to kiss her, and typically to show her I'm interested I either hold her hand or give her a long hug with no intention of stopping, then looking at her face. It's a good method either way, being told she doesn't want to hold hands is a relatively painless way of being rejected, going in for a kiss and them reacting badly, well that's why I use the hand holding method.

I much prefer being friends first, I've gone from friends to lovers 3 times, it's much better in my experience in terms of compatibility, trust, and acceptance. Surprisingly, of those 3 relationships, 2 of them kissed me first.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 AM

50 posts, read 248,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I've had guys ask me if they can kiss me [snip]
Asking whether you can kiss a woman is a big, big no-no. There was an episode of Cheers when Diane had this big tirade about how guys shouldn't do that, alas it hasn't stuck with the male psyche.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
I had a chance on the first date but I decided to wait and just give her one of my award winning hugs. Then I got to kiss her on the second date.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:39 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
He kissed me on the cheeks as he left after our first date and our proper kiss was on our 3rd date, in an Oxford graveyeard at night ( a very nice graveyard where some of my favourite authors are burried - not creepy in case people are wondering ).

It was freezing , the mists were swirling around us and we sat on a bench ( it is a very good place for Wildlife too, especially at night) , he dropped to his knees, took one of my hands in his , put his other one around my waist and gave me the best kiss ever ! I was completely swept off my feet and the rest is history. 20 years on and still very much in Love.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnz View Post
Short answer: you don't. Apparently there are ways that women show that they are interested in a kiss, such as talking by the car endlessly with no sign that they want to leave, looking at your lips, that sort of thing. My 'rule' is that you never kiss a woman unless she knows you are about to kiss her, and typically to show her I'm interested I either hold her hand or give her a long hug with no intention of stopping, then looking at her face. It's a good method either way, being told she doesn't want to hold hands is a relatively painless way of being rejected, going in for a kiss and them reacting badly, well that's why I use the hand holding method.

I much prefer being friends first, I've gone from friends to lovers 3 times, it's much better in my experience in terms of compatibility, trust, and acceptance. Surprisingly, of those 3 relationships, 2 of them kissed me first.
In my experience, if you're friends, you stay there. Nothing worse than the friend zone for a guy.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:00 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
First kiss, first date.
Same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships