Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:50 PM

167 posts, read 478,105 times

Advertisements

The tone in your post irks me a little, but I will bite....

I am bolder, funnier, wiser, and also more serious. I know what is important, and more importantly, what is not. I am not afraid to ask for what I want. I give as good as I get. I don't do things by 1/2's. I am much more passionate about the things I love, the things I despise, and the things I want to change. Oh, and one more....in my 20's I would have raised an eyebrow yet stayed silent when I realized you thought of some women as "leftovers." Now I would pity you for not having a clue what you are missing on my way out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 08:50 PM

158 posts, read 526,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
This pretty much sums it up. OP - how are you different from 10 years ago? Pretty much the same happens to a woman.
Yeah, perhaps it's that simple. Me, I'm laughing at my balding head, still incredulous about music and words....I don't know, but I do like to think the sense of humor is still there and that I'm not so concerned with SELF. You chalk up a lot of days, compare them, assert yourself more when you should/less when you shouldn't. That sort of thing.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I heard this from a very attractive 31 year woman (a co-worker) with whom I had a two month fling: very good looking girls in their 20s admire themselves and think they are Little Miss Hotsh*t. Entering the 30s they become less vain and more realistic about themselves.
Now if only men would do the same . Lol.

I think women in their 20s are more clingy and expect more than women in their 30s. What you think of as a leftover could very well be a woman who is single/not married BY CHOICE (gasp)!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:52 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,730,114 times
Women come into their sexual prime around age 35.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,978,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Hey....you know what? Many women look better in their 30's than they did in their 20's and a lot of women even look great well into their 40's and even early 50's (just look at Demi Moore, for instance).
But be aware! It's all down hill past 55!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,286,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
But be aware! It's all down hill past 55!
Not even...look at Stevie Nicks, for example...

Old 05-04-2009, 10:45 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,131,761 times
Of course. I would say there's even a big difference between a 20 year old & a 25 year old (just going off of myself...).

People (hopefully) mature and gain wisdom with age. You get more comfortable with yourself and have smarter priorities. You obviously have more life experience.

Of course, individuals vary so much, and so someone in their mid 20s may be more mature than some 30 year olds. Generally speaking, the 30 year old will have more to offer emotionally & intellectually, know who she is and what she wants, and probably be ready for/looking for a more serious relationship.

As for the "leftovers" thing.... I disagree. I notice that women who marry very young can be far less intelligent and independent. They need to rely on someone, so they go straight from mom & dad to a husband.

Plus, an older woman is going to look for qualities in someone that go beyond "cute" and "funny", the usual criteria for a 20 year old. I think the issue there may be that men are intimidated.....they're not young, naive things easily manipulated anymore :tongue:

Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 PM

3,852 posts, read 12,849,434 times
Quote:
.incidentally, I understand a guy who only dated younger girls is a bit of a red flag.
Actually that is the norm. Men date younger and women date older. Has been that way for the last 300,000 years.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,978,072 times
My mid 30s was my best time.
I was very mature in my 20s - far more mature than my peers. However, I really didn't have the life experiance to back it up until I was in my mid-30s.

My figure was better and efforless in my 20s. I could do no wrong, wear anything have ice cram for lunch and I still weighed only 110 lbs. In my 30s I filled out - not as in gaining weight - but looked more like a woman than a girl. Today in my late 40s I had a high of 126 lbs and am now down to 116 lbs - weight has never been a problem for me - but I do watch what I eat now.

I always dated and held LTR with older men. The men in my life are still older by not by the percentage they were. I'm gaining on them!

Marriage was never my goal. But I notice that dating is different now. In my early 40s is was easy - even fun. I didn't feel the pressure of the "he is great" stuff. I just enjoyed myself. Now in my late 40s dating is different yet again. Now I don't feel any rush nor need to "find someone". The men are more relaxed, less attractive and far less interested in impressing me. the pressure seems to be off. We are able to be honest, relax and enjoy.

As a general statement I find women tend to grow up in their late 20s to early 30s. Men take longer. I don't think they are grown up until they are at least 40 - perhaps 45. By their 50s men hit a mid life crisis type thing and it makes it difficult to deal with them. If they get through it they can make wonderful mates - if not, they are trouble.

My friend, you need to do some growing up. For now, time is on your side - but the table is turning every day.
Take care.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 AM

6 posts, read 25,326 times
There is generally a reason why women are in their 30's and not with someone. The whole "choice" thing is rubbish, it's human nature to have a partner. And for them not to have found the right person also depends on them, the common denominator is THEM. And in my experience they are probably more vain, they are growing old and will do anything to stop that, so botox, pescription diet pills, they want all that kind of thing to look like they are 20. And normally they've been hurt by guys before, so they are manipulative and they are damn good at it by 30. They can really screw with your mind.
But it's all about finding balance, i think a girl between 26 and 28 would be the best, if you want a more mature girl than a girl in her early 20's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships