Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 PM

78,338 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smily Gladshanks View Post
I feel like a school boy, but I'm nevertheless picking the brains of those of you with more experience than me. And here's me: I'm a 36 yo male who has, embarrassingly??, only dated girls from say 24 to 27. The reasons are bizarre and have to do more with proximity and some odd career choices/changes rather than preference, per se. Also, I spent most of my 30s not dating. Ok, and also, young girls look good, and I guess I like that I still have the "looks" to date a younger girl.

But here is the thing: even though the girls I date are really with it (seriously, they are academically brilliant and wise for their age, too), there appears to be a gulf in experience, for one thing. And who knows what else...

I'm asking,,,who knows what else? I've been a little leery of girls my age, assuming there are too many "leftovers" to take a chance with, but now I think I was being naive. And ungraceful. So I ask those women old enough to know yourself and those your age, and the men who have dated/married them, what can you say that will make me feel good (or continue to feel leery) about from now on sticking to girls my age?

...incidentally, I understand a guy who only dated younger girls is a bit of a red flag. I get it. What I'd like to hear is the experience of those who know what I don't.
I'm personally not attracted to gals <30 unless they were a very special situation. Basically, life experience and maturity factor in. I generally consider 32-45ish my dating range.

You also hinted about "what else..." which I assumes to mean sex? Well, suffice to say that I think gals >30 are better in-touch with what they like etc. and frankly...know what they are doing. (wow!)

I also think gals in their 30's have likely been burned at least once by an a-hole and are tired of scumbags and are interested in qualities besides him having a motorcycle.

Heck, when I was 25 I married a 32yo...best decision I ever made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 12:30 PM

503 posts, read 1,454,103 times
Women are way more awesome and most have it together in their 30's. They are not leftovers. Some have been pursuing careers, some are divorced and it just didn't work out.

I think some take better care of themselves and look even nicer in their 30's and 40's then they did in their 20's.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm personally not attracted to gals <30 unless they were a very special situation. Basically, life experience and maturity factor in. I generally consider 32-45ish my dating range.

You also hinted about "what else..." which I assumes to mean sex? Well, suffice to say that I think gals >30 are better in-touch with what they like etc. and frankly...know what they are doing. (wow!)

I also think gals in their 30's have likely been burned at least once by an a-hole and are tired of scumbags and are interested in qualities besides him having a motorcycle.

Heck, when I was 25 I married a 32yo...best decision I ever made.
Great post. I am 34 now, married my 2nd hubby when I was 31, he was 27. Funny thing is he is way more responsible, mature and a better dad to all my kids, then my ex who was 2.5 years older then me!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,647,436 times
Speaking for myself, and I'm sure many women out there - I am 42, been married for 14 years and have 2 kids, and I feel that I am more confident, outgoing, and just better all around than I was at 25! I think most of the women that have been there will agree with me when I say that sex is most definitely better in your 30's and 40's than in your 20's!!

To the OP, you were probably looking for the info from someone that is not married, but I still think this plays true in single women, too! Not to say that girls in their 20's have none of these qualities - just giving you a look at the "other side"!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,342 times
Is this a joke? Hell yeah women in their 30's are different from women in their 20's. Gosh there are so many differences IDK where to start.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrose34 View Post
Women are way more awesome and most have it together in their 30's. They are not leftovers. Some have been pursuing careers, some are divorced and it just didn't work out.

I think some take better care of themselves and look even nicer in their 30's and 40's then they did in their 20's.
I have to rep this. I don't know what it is but I *like* the more mature look. I even might have a thing for women a bit older than me but I'm not sure...it could be just chance it's worked out that way....hmmmm.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 AM

Thanx Mathguy. I repped ya yesterday too. You sound very grown up and mature. My hubby said he was sick of all the immature party girls and never fell in love with any of them. He said they were selfish and had no substance.

Of course I think he was running in the wrong crowd at the time. Its like I tell my aunt. Don't go looking for Mr. Right in a bar! lol

He had long since left that scene by the time he met me and we were at the same points in our lives. It just works.

I know men are also attracted to us girls because of our beauty, (which I have plenty of ) but something has to keep the interest, ya know? Things in common, hobbies, interests, personality.

When we met he was shocked and was like, oh man! You are like the female version of me! We are similiar and different too.

Alot of it is the way we treat a man and how we make him feel about himself.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrose34 View Post
Thanx Mathguy. I repped ya yesterday too. You sound very grown up and mature. My hubby said he was sick of all the immature party girls and never fell in love with any of them. He said they were selfish and had no substance.

Of course I think he was running in the wrong crowd at the time. Its like I tell my aunt. Don't go looking for Mr. Right in a bar! lol

He had long since left that scene by the time he met me and we were at the same points in our lives. It just works.

I know men are also attracted to us girls because of our beauty, (which I have plenty of ) but something has to keep the interest, ya know? Things in common, hobbies, interests, personality.

When we met he was shocked and was like, oh man! You are like the female version of me! We are similiar and different too.

Alot of it is the way we treat a man and how we make him feel about himself.
Yep. My current gf actually dated a number of much younger guys and found that she just had nothing in common with them. I basically am finding that I date very attractive women more around my own age or a bit older. I have not been disappointed.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
I can't believe this thread is still going strong...

Women are awesome, period....20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's...whatever. Age is just a number and many women "ripen" in their 30's and 40's and are more beautiful than they were in their 20's.

"young" is merely a state of mind. Some 40-something women are in far better shape than 20-something women.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smily Gladshanks View Post
I feel like a school boy, but I'm nevertheless picking the brains of those of you with more experience than me. And here's me: I'm a 36 yo male who has, embarrassingly??, only dated girls from say 24 to 27. The reasons are bizarre and have to do more with proximity and some odd career choices/changes rather than preference, per se. Also, I spent most of my 30s not dating. Ok, and also, young girls look good, and I guess I like that I still have the "looks" to date a younger girl.

But here is the thing: even though the girls I date are really with it (seriously, they are academically brilliant and wise for their age, too), there appears to be a gulf in experience, for one thing. And who knows what else...

I'm asking,,,who knows what else? I've been a little leery of girls my age, assuming there are too many "leftovers" to take a chance with, but now I think I was being naive. And ungraceful. So I ask those women old enough to know yourself and those your age, and the men who have dated/married them, what can you say that will make me feel good (or continue to feel leery) about from now on sticking to girls my age?

...incidentally, I understand a guy who only dated younger girls is a bit of a red flag. I get it. What I'd like to hear is the experience of those who know what I don't.
I don't believe age makes any difference- each person is an individual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships