Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:52 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
A woman i know told me recently that she is 33 and is a virgin.

She said it is because of personal choice, but I'm kind of thinking it is weird.

Is being a virgin at that age odd?

Its 'odd' for this present american culture where girls and women are groomed to to be sexually conquerable . SHe obviously doesnt buy into the going illicit sexual climate and shes concluded that saving herself for her eventual Spouse is far better than running the high risk of contracting one of 33 circulating STD's of which many are permanent for life ... not to mention the emotional harm that comes with being used for a temporary copulation then shoved aside after the thrill is gone. I think the woman is very level headed and i give her kudos for doing it correctly . Her future Spouse is going to feel very special indeed.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 AM

600 posts, read 1,027,633 times
For guys like myself with an inadequate sized package, being an adult virgin is to be expected.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
For guys like myself with an inadequate sized package, being an adult virgin is to be expected.
I dont think it has anything to do with package size ; its more a character issue and what you want to surrender to .

Old 09-11-2011, 07:29 PM

393 posts, read 891,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Its 'odd' for this present american culture where girls and women are groomed to to be sexually conquerable . SHe obviously doesnt buy into the going illicit sexual climate and shes concluded that saving herself for her eventual Spouse is far better than running the high risk of contracting one of 33 circulating STD's of which many are permanent for life ... not to mention the emotional harm that comes with being used for a temporary copulation then shoved aside after the thrill is gone. I think the woman is very level headed and i give her kudos for doing it correctly . Her future Spouse is going to feel very special indeed.
It amazes me how afraid and uncomfortable some people are with sex. You act like sex is evil, which you may well think it is... Moderator cut: snip Don't assume that just because people are having sex outside of marriage means that it's just "temporary copulation only to be shoved aside after the thrill is gone." There are such things as relationships, you know...

Last edited by Keeper; 09-14-2011 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: off topic/good grammar is not a requirement

Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
And with an attitude like that you will remain a virgin. It's not you "inadequate" package that keeps you a virgin, it's your complexity about it. And besides, do a little research on it. I bet you will find it's not as "inadequate" as you think. You can't go by what you see "in the movies". There is a reason those fella's have the job they do.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:27 PM

393 posts, read 891,470 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And with an attitude like that you will remain a virgin. It's not you "inadequate" package that keeps you a virgin, it's your complexity about it. And besides, do a little research on it. I bet you will find it's not as "inadequate" as you think. You can't go by what you see "in the movies". There is a reason those fella's have the job they do.
Exactly. Quit blaming things beyond your control and start to think about the real reason. Women can't see through your jeans, nor do they really even care how big it is as long as it's not ridiculously big or ridiculously small. Dick size has nothing to do with anything.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:21 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
A woman i know told me recently that she is 33 and is a virgin.

She said it is because of personal choice, but I'm kind of thinking it is weird.

Is being a virgin at that age odd?
Not at all...I'm in my early 30's, and have nothing but respect, for her decision (same boat here, about being 30+ and a virgin).

Perhaps she has religious reasons or motivations, as well?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Some people just aren't all that sexual. I don't know who is or isn't a virgin and I don't particularly want anyone telling me either.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:27 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,283 times
I feel strange every day... Cannot do anything else than staring at mirror and think I must be strange because I am a virgin And that is why people look at me when I walk on streets. They are thinking " and there goes that strange virgin" . Why she is a virgin? Does anyone know why she is a virgin? So strange....

Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddock_laker View Post
It amazes me how afraid and uncomfortable some people are with sex. You act like sex is evil, which you may well think it is... also the grammar & format of your post makes me want to puke. Don't assume that just because people are having sex outside of marriage means that it's just "temporary copulation only to be shoved aside after the thrill is gone." There are such things as relationships, you know...
Its not a case of people being 'afraid' of sex ... its a case of treating ones sexuality like it should be treated ...with great responsibility, with a degree of sacredness since its the most intimate nature of a person, with total dignity , and to prevent the very real threat of getting 1 of 33 circulating STD's (some for a lifetime) , and avoiding the emotional pain that comes when a casual sexual relationship suddently ends. The present Casual Sex culture of America (hooking up) , doesnt encourage meaningful relationships between Men and Women and it only focuses on getting temporary urges met thru the use of body part stimulation . For the woman, she is duped into the short superficial recieving of (temporary) emotions thru the sex act , while our Culture grooms the Male for ongoing sexual conquests . The great majority of young adults today wont be realizing what a deep committed personal Relationship is like with the opposite sex , apart from knowing what genitilia looks like and how it functions . This will be the norm for upcoming generations as the casual sex philosophy gets additionally fueled by an already out of control mass Media . Its at the crux of the Dumbing Down of America to which we all get to choose whether to be its Follower or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships