Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:12 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
just because a man doesnt fit your need of constant soap opera drama in a relationship
..where did I say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 01:15 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
..where did I say that?
Not just you but by saying a mild mannered guy is boring makes it sound like you need that drama and challenge in a relationship

Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
This is another "nice guy" thread and if it gets going, it should bring out the really caustic comments about how most women can't stand such men. Not all, of course, but you are setting yourself up for pretty stiff competition if you follow this path. And a proportion only claim to like these characteristics, because they have no other option.

Other factors and what the general opinion is:

Frugal and avoids debt = cheap

Plans for the future = boring

Strives to get an education = egghead

Friendly and even tempered = wimp

Takes responsability for his actions = sucker

Doesn't use women so therefore has little "experience" = pervert

Reliable. Likes quiet enjoyment of life = weirdo

Basically, if you want to add to this list, find out what women complain about when they b|tch about their ex. This is the one time most women really value "nice guy" characteristics in a man.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:32 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Most most cool tempered/mild mannered guys I've been with were boring....I'm talking SNOOZEFESTS. I personally need a guy with more of an 'edge', that I can't walk all over because I can be very controlling and bossy. Not saying there is anything wrong with cool tempered/mild mannered guys, but they're just not for me..
What's the line between "edgy" and "abusive"?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:33 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Seems nowadays many young female can't distinguish between confidence and cockiness.
Cockiness is just a word that means "too much confidence."

There is fundamentally very little difference, no matter how much we attempt to stretch the definitions to suit our likings.

Quote:
I tend to be very polite in public, non-confrontational type of guy mainly because I'm usually by myself when I'm out. My ex would get upset with me and accuse me of flirting although its just in my nature to be polite/nice as much as possible.
I think that's a good way to be.

Quote:
it just makes me feel good. She also said that she felt unsafe because of how nice I was.
Yeah; that is irrational. Sounds like garden variety manipulation.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Not just you but by saying a mild mannered guy is boring makes it sound like you need that drama and challenge in a relationship
I didn't mean ALL, just from my experiences, all the mild mannered guys I've been with were boring. They didn't excite me. In all actuality, I'mma keep it real. Most of my LTR's have been filled with drama and challenges, so although I felt it was 'refreshing' to get with someone who was mild mannered and cool tempered, they just didn't cut it for me. Sometimes you need an argument or two or three. Arguments and disagreements can be healthy for a relationship, as long as they're not happening EVERY DAY. If they're happening EVERY DAY, then its time to throw up the deuces.

For the poster who asked the difference between edgy and abusive, there's a huge difference. A lot of my LTR's were drama filled and came filled with a bunch of challenges, but one thing is for sure, NONE of my Ex's were EVER abusive. I draw the line when it comes to abuse. Physically and emotionally.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 PM

I would draw my line at "edgy"...I don't want someone who's abusive. I don't even want someone who's argumentative, and will start disagreements for the sake of disagreeing. I like a minimal amount of conflict in my life, and in my relationships.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I would draw my line at "edgy"...I don't want someone who's abusive. I don't even want someone who's argumentative, and will start disagreements for the sake of disagreeing. I like a minimal amount of conflict in my life, and in my relationships.
Well, then a mild manned, cool tempered guy would be just for you, then..

Old 05-05-2009, 01:59 PM

Nope....I'm straight. Wouldn't work out too well.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,201 times
Lol. On another note, my brother is quite the ladies man because of his cockiness. But his success with the ladies has translated into an illegitimate child that the mother of is very irresponsible, many failed relationships because he has a bad attitude and so does the woman. Also translated into him constantly dealing with drama, thats not my thing, I want a woman who I can agree or disagree with, without edging towards a fist fight. Edginess/cockiness and drama are for teenagers. I've been out of highschool and almost done with a second B.S. I dont have time for the bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships