Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,588 times

Advertisements

Please, don't marry her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 09:54 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times
Dump her. Fast. And next time, don't get into a relationship with someone who can't stand on her own two feet.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:04 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,297 times
op no offense but how stupid could you be?

she isnt even trying to trick you, she has came out and told you she wants her name on your bank acct etc

Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM

503 posts, read 1,454,755 times
it's unanimous. Dump this chick!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM

326 posts, read 880,752 times
OP, if you have no intentions of marrying this woman, STOP using her. I bet she is sexing you, cooking etc. Why do you want to have the milk without buying the cow?

I get the impression if she stops nagging abt marriage & wants to be your long term sex partner & dishwasher then its ok. Its the marriage part that you are unsure of?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 PM

503 posts, read 1,454,755 times
Hey now, I am a big believer in marrying a gal and enjoying sex within a marriage and supporting your wife financially.

What I don't believe in is gold diggers who are with a guy only because he has money and couldn't care less if he lived or died.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc burnett View Post
i met my girl friend through a friend she had no place to stay or anything. i pretty much have given her what she has except for some clothing items. anyway here lately we found out that i will be deploying to iraq and she has been pushing marriage pretty hard. for example she will bring up the subject and gets mad if i tell her not to bring it up (i mean she brings it up at least 2 or 3 times a day). anyway she doesnt work or anything and she wants every thing to have her name on it somewhere. for example my bank account house and car. i talked to my dad one day and she was there and him and her were talking and he asked if we were going to get married and she told him yes. then he asked her what was she going to do if i dont make it home and she said at least she would have some money. i asked her about it and she denys it to the best of her ability and doesnt give in. i mean she gets upset and cries about it. what do i do help me out thanks.
Well If I was unemployed female i would be doing the same thing. Unfortunately she is probably hanging around you for the money. Just think about it. You make a lot of money for your age. You are what? 18-22? Most non-military guys your age are working for under $10/hr, loaded with debt, and they're broke. Meanwhile you are pulling in 50k+. Of course she is going to be pushing hard to get married. It isn't that difficult to get divorced.

I hear lots of stories about guys going after war and before they leave they get married. They say they don't want to die, "alone." What ends up happening is that the girl spends all his money, bangs other dudes behind his back and then when he gets back she either keeps it quiet or gets a divorce.

Lots of military guys fall hook line and sinker for this because they are told to do things, "the right way." Unfortunately, that right way is generally not the right way for themselves. So they end up getting hurt pretty bad.

My advice to you is to not get married, just keep this girl as a bang buddy on the side (always use condoms), keep all your money in your account, and give her no access. If you think she likes you now, just wait until you get back with 100k+ in the bank.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I agree with everything everyone here has said. RUN!!!

Edit - Everyone before Killer's post. Okay, I agree with 99% of what he said - except keeping her around as a "bang buddy".

Last edited by Twinkle Toes; 05-07-2009 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Had to edit once I saw Killer's post made it here before mine.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:49 PM

326 posts, read 880,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Well If I was unemployed female i would be doing the same thing. Unfortunately she is probably hanging around you for the money. Just think about it. You make a lot of money for your age. You are what? 18-22? Most non-military guys your age are working for under $10/hr, loaded with debt, and they're broke. Meanwhile you are pulling in 50k+. Of course she is going to be pushing hard to get married. It isn't that difficult to get divorced.

I hear lots of stories about guys going after war and before they leave they get married. They say they don't want to die, "alone." What ends up happening is that the girl spends all his money, bangs other dudes behind his back and then when he gets back she either keeps it quiet or gets a divorce.

Lots of military guys fall hook line and sinker for this because they are told to do things, "the right way." Unfortunately, that right way is generally not the right way for themselves. So they end up getting hurt pretty bad.

My advice to you is to not get married, just keep this girl as a bang buddy on the side (always use condoms), keep all your money in your account, and give her no access. If you think she likes you now, just wait until you get back with 100k+ in the bank.
This is exactly what I complained to OP about, wanting the milk without buying the cow. If OP doesnt wanna be used, he shouldn't be using her either.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:57 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanker View Post
This is exactly what I complained to OP about, wanting the milk without buying the cow. If OP doesnt wanna be used, he shouldn't be using her either.
He isn't using her. She is getting just as much pleasure as he is. It is a win-win situation. Remember, it takes two to have sex. If she doesn't want to have sex she could always just say no. However, she doesn't and you want to know why? Because she is using sex as a manipulation technique. She knows that guys get addicted to sex, so she is going to it to her full advantage.

It would also be a good idea to just pack his bags and dump this girl cold turkey though. He can always find other girls who are more than willing.

Also it would be a good idea because if this girl gets pregnant she will have the kid, 99% chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships