U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-15-2010, 11:36 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,423,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
It REALLY depends on the individual. Looking back at highschool pictures at kids in my class, I saw oily skin, zits, too much makeup... now, granted, many of these people did not age well, but others, WOW. They don't look like kids anymore! It goes for men, too. By age 21, quite a few guys are dealing with receding hairlines, adding on quite a few years to their appearance. So, it's not just the women, and much of it is largely due to genetics. I'm not discounting the aging effects of smoking, tanning, drugs, alcohol, and hard living by any means. I mean, Lindsey Lohan?? She looks 15 years older, and a badly-aged one, at that!
It's funny the people I'm facebook friends with in high school look exactly the same as when I last saw them. Maybe a tiny bit older but not much. Then I look at pictures of myself. The black and white photos in my profile were two years ago. The ones from my wedding a year ago. And I look the same two years ago, one year ago, and now. At least I think so... I don't really have the experience of people just suddenly looking like crap.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:36 AM

1,325 posts, read 1,132,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
What's FOB?
Fresh Off the Boat. It's just a way of saying they're brand new to the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
It REALLY depends on the individual. Looking back at highschool pictures at kids in my class, I saw oily skin, zits, too much makeup... now, granted, many of these people did not age well, but others, WOW. They don't look like kids anymore! It goes for men, too. By age 21, quite a few guys are dealing with receding hairlines, adding on quite a few years to their appearance. So, it's not just the women, and much of it is largely due to genetics. I'm not discounting the aging effects of smoking, tanning, drugs, alcohol, and hard living by any means. I mean, Lindsey Lohan?? She looks 15 years older, and a badly-aged one, at that!
It does depend on the individual as there are exceptions, but the rule is that by early/mid 30s women's looks have faded considerably. Men too suffer the effects of aging, but it's less of an impact to their overall attractiveness due to the factors that generate attraction differs between the genders.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM

726 posts, read 931,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Fresh Off the Boat. It's just a way of saying they're brand new to the country.

It does depend on the individual as there are exceptions, but the rule is that by early/mid 30s women's looks have faded considerably. Men too suffer the effects of aging, but it's less of an impact to their overall attractiveness due to the factors that generate attraction differs between the genders.

Really?? Exactly who made this rule??

You sir, have a very narrow mind and you obviously don't get out much. You are so wrong on so many levels. You live in a very small box.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 AM

726 posts, read 931,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Nobody said life is fair. Women lose their looks fairly young compared to life expectancies these days. Just the way it is. And with our diet they are loosing them sooner rather than later when you look at the bigger picture. Some women have the tools available to them to maintain their looks later in life, but they're the exceptions to the rule. Hell, most western women just aren't that attractive to begin with. I'd say it's probably maybe 20% that even catch my eye these days, of which the lion's share are in their late teens and early 20s. Every once in a while I'll see a woman in her 30s or 40s that I'd consider attractive. And yes I've got high standards. I've traveled the world and know what's attainable lookswise, even if they'd just eat right and take care of themselves. This is one of the reasons women FOB get scooped up so quick.

Again, you are VERY WRONG! Everyone has their own tastes, but good grief you are just so shallow it isn't even funny, and I wouldn't be suprised if you are no looker yourself.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:22 PM

844 posts, read 1,213,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Again, you are VERY WRONG! Everyone has their own tastes, but good grief you are just so shallow it isn't even funny, and I wouldn't be suprised if you are no looker yourself.
sorry he's 100% right

Old 08-23-2010, 04:49 PM

2,767 posts, read 4,247,396 times
men get more attractive as they age, women get less attractive... this is absolutely true.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:58 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,346,674 times
Men only think they get more attractive. They tend to be in denial more so than women, with regards to aging. Men are far less likely to take care of themselves and it really shows once they reach their late 40s.

My husband thinks he doesn't look a day over 35. He looks at pics of his high school /college buddies on facebook and makes comments about how old they look compared to him. I don't have the heart to tell him that he looks just as old as they do.

Bless his heart.

Last edited by boodhabunny; 08-23-2010 at 06:09 PM..

Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,759,700 times
Yes, beer bellies, receding hairlines, male pattern baldness... that's hot stuff, right there!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,346,674 times
Men have the luxury of being in denial about their appearance because woman are not as shallow as men and do not judge them on their looks alone. If women were as superficial as men, we'd have no choice but to start batting for the other team, so to speak.

Tip: When a woman tells the man she loves that he looks "dignified", she is being kind. It's her polite way of saying that he looks older than dirt.

Last edited by boodhabunny; 08-23-2010 at 06:39 PM..

Old 08-23-2010, 05:28 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,759,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Men have the luxury of being in denial about their appearance because woman are not as shallow as men and do not judge them on their looks alone. If women were as superficial as men, we'd have no choice but to start batting for the other team, so to speak.
+1

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships