Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:04 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I would like to know why you guys give a rat's ass. So, man meets woman with child. They date, go camping, laugh, have a good time, get married. A few more kids come along. They work, buy a home, go on vacation, garden, mow the lawn, renovate a room, take a few classes, bla bla bla.

Take that scenario and flip it a few dozen times from adopting fathers/mothers, to first loves, to folk with careers and having children late in life, etc.

Swan, Nutz, butter balls at large, what's it to you? I highly doubt JerZ's husband spends one second considering you. Why do you spend time considering him? Surely, you relate to your perception of him on some level, given this whole thing is really about you.
Moderator cut: snip
Oh and to that cougar "myth."

Press Release - Cougar Phenomenon NOT a Myth, Despite Study in Wales

I also know it is not a myth because I have known some older women/younger men couples. On the other hand all of the young women I have known and seen out and about are with guys their own age. Nice try though.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-30-2010 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Oh and to that cougar "myth."

Press Release - Cougar Phenomenon NOT a Myth, Despite Study in Wales

I also know it is not a myth because I have known some older women/younger men couples. On the other hand all of the young women I have known and seen out and about are with guys their own age. Nice try though.
sorry a couple examples isnt a majority, its not a "try", its the truth, we dont want cougars and men are signifiganlty older than their women

these younger men usually are settling,I can assure you of that

here we have raw science analyzed in 14 countires 22,000 people

Last edited by Keeper; 08-30-2010 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: edit quote

Old 08-29-2010, 08:10 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
sorry a couple examples isnt a majority, its not a "try", its the truth, we dont want cougars and men are signifiganlty older than their women

these younger men usually are settling,I can assure you of that

here we have raw science analyzed in 14 countires 22,000 people

Who are you in a relationship with? More to the point, why are you so worried about women dating after 30? You are not a woman, so, why do you really care who they date? No, most men are not significantly older than their women. Look up the statistics on age differences between husbands and wives and you will see that I am right...it was already posted on here in an earlier post.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
and men are signifiganlty older than their women
No, statistics show that, at least with marriages, the average groom is three years older than his bride. Three years -- not 15 or 20.

Your comment here is flat-out, provably wrong. Men (at least in the U.S. -- that's the nation I'm stating stats on) are not "significantly" older than "their" women.

That's not guesswork, it's not opinion, it's fact. You know. Fact? Remember "facts"? Real things that are true? No? Didn't think so. (sigh)

Old 08-29-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Who are you in a relationship with? More to the point, why are you so worried about women dating after 30? You are not a woman, so, why do you really care who they date?
Yeah, I'm wondering about this too. The nearest I can figure is that my post about how girls don't really (typically) "want" or lust after significantly older men, and that there's a cap on how old is still "sexy," particularly for the average U.S. aging male, made people SO uncomfortable that as a distraction technique, the tables turned.

But facts are facts...no matter how one freaks out over them.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 PM

You know what? I was wrong! Yes, I admit it. And here it is: The age difference between the average bride and groom is no longer three years. It's only one and a half years.

And you will notice, gentle readers, that these young mid-20s brides are not diving for men in their 40s...or even their 30s. Yes, these young hotties are going for (wait for it) young hotties (26-year-olds) and tying the knot with them. (Go figure!)

Truth is a *****.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:21 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You know what? I was wrong! Yes, I admit it. And here it is: The age difference between the average bride and groom is no longer three years. It's only one and a half years.

And you will notice, gentle readers, that these young mid-20s brides are not diving for men in their 40s...or even their 30s. Yes, these young hotties are going for (wait for it) young hotties (26-year-olds) and tying the knot with them. (Go figure!)

Truth is a *****.
I wish I could rep ya for these last 3 posts!

Old 08-29-2010, 08:58 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Truth is a *****.

those are questionable stats I just posted a study in 14 countires 22,000 that contradicted that, but whatver

Truth is a ***

women go for older guys just stop BSing around

Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
Quote:
those are questionable stats I just posted a study in 14 countires 22,000 that contradicted that, but whatver

Truth is a ***

women go for older guys just stop BSing around

Are you an older guy? Just wondering what your stake in all of this is.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:50 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
he's right ,you just dont understand the alpha beta dynamic is the problem here , you answers hows it

you see the alpha gets the young hot beautiful woman, not the older woman with kids, thats beta and these are the guys that settle.. betas. in reality they still wnat young hot woman but generally cant get them

while the alpha or badass gets the young hotties

anyways here is a recent article on the cougar myth

The 'Cougar' concept: older women preying on younger men is a myth, claim scientists - Telegraph
Glad to see at least someone gets how all this works.

And for naysayers, just keep this in mind:

"Every time you date someone with an issue that you have to work to ignore, you're settling."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships