Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,732,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Yeah, I guess he is a celebrity of some type after all, isn't he? Though I do think there's a disorder of a totally different nature involved there, something about a mothering instinct gone terribly wrong. But, on point, if you ever ask young, beautiful women who are involved with much older, much wealthier men, why they are, if they would love this guy if he were a pauper, they will tell you that he would not be the same man then, that his money and power and access to Club Meds around the world is a big part of who he is, so how could they possibly know?
ACtually that could be. I never really thought of it like that. I've always wondered if you put Hugh Heff in a job working as a greeter at WalMart, he def wouldn't have the appeal he has,lol...but then his confidence and drive is what got him where his is, which could be a part of what is appealing? (not to mention the money,lol)...interesting! Things that make you go hmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
ACtually that could be. I never really thought of it like that. I've always wondered if you put Hugh Heff in a job working as a greeter at WalMart, he def wouldn't have the appeal he has,lol...but then his confidence and drive is what got him where his is, which could be a part of what is appealing? (not to mention the money,lol)...interesting! Things that make you go hmmmm
I'm gonna have to put you on "Ignore" for praising the likes of Hugh Hefner.

j/k

Old 05-08-2009, 06:03 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,360,965 times
Quote:
Yeah, well I think the simple answer is, "No. No way, Nuh-uh, I'll pass thanks." It's just a way of getting around the truth. Of course they're there for the $$.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm gonna have to put you on "Ignore" for praising the likes of Hugh Hefner.

j/k
rofl, I was out of line

Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Yeah, well I think the simple answer is, "No. No way, Nuh-uh, I'll pass thanks." It's just a way of getting around the truth. Of course they're there for the $$.

LOL actually this topic would make a great reality show. Put some ugly old guy that has a gazillion dollars on trying to find a wife, kinda like The Bachelor, then they find out he is b.r.o.k.e.! That would be fun to watch!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:10 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,108,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
My friends and I were discussing how 35+ men often won't even make eye contact with women their own age. It's funny how the dudes who do look at you get older and older (by decades). It's happened to me too! However, I've always made eye contact with people in general because it is a normal thing to me. It is interesting to find that a lot of other people only do it with people they find particularly attractive. It can be really strange for someone like my friend Sandy, who was always beautiful. She still is but she is over 40, does not dress like a cougar, and feels invisible except to the geriatric set. No offense to the old guys, but they are just doing the same thing the 40 yr old guys are doing by only looking at 22 yr olds.

"Sandy" needs to quit focusing on men her own age and start paying attention to the 20-somethings. There are a lot of sad , clueless , lonely young men out there who need some time and attention (and perhaps some discipline). Many of them are completely open to "older women" . Could be a "win-win".

Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
LOL actually this topic would make a great reality show. Put some ugly old guy that has a gazillion dollars on trying to find a wife, kinda like The Bachelor, then they find out he is b.r.o.k.e.! That would be fun to watch!
Yeah, that's a scene that's probably played out thousands of times since Wall Street tanked.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,365,858 times
speaking bluntly. i personally know many 50 years old divorced 250 lb supervisors earnestly looking for a 20 year old model. no more quid pro quo.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
"Sandy" needs to quit focusing on men her own age and start paying attention to the 20-somethings. There are a lot of sad , clueless , lonely young men out there who need some time and attention (and perhaps some discipline). Many of them are completely open to "older women" . Could be a "win-win".
Hey, some of us 40-somethings need some good old-fashioned, rough, hurt so good discipline too, ya know? Don't want to be guilty of reverse/reverse age discrimination now do we?

Old 05-08-2009, 06:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,365,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't know, men my own age (and of course, the older ones too) check me out. In fact, I even have the younger ones checking me out. I know this al sounds so conceited - I'm not trying to be - really ... honestly!!!

I don't pay much attention to the older guys (I'm married to one - so we won't go there). I might flirt with the ones who are my age. The younger ones, I just think they're cute - like my kids.
dear friend you might point out in your post that you in fact a raving beauty and few in that age group have your looks or smarts or self discipline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships