Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,361,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good grief... pages and pages of re-discovering the hot water...
It ain't so bad, till the real thing comes back around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 09:51 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,529 times
From a senior citizen--been there done that advice--ladies--it happens and you better prepare for it. Sure-it is nice to be attractive and appreciated by the opposite sex, particularly when you are young and looking for a partner or just some dates.

But--fact of life--as women mature into moms and grandmoms they may be "pretty" and appealing on many levels but that raw sexuality of youth diminishes. You cannot compete on pure physicality alone and it is a sad fact of life for someone whose identity is wrapped up in "eye-contact" from men. Get over it-and become a whole package.

The OP doesn't mention that her friend is accomplished, interesting, a leader, conversationalist, dynamic, powerful, or educated in an important area. Why would a single man make flirtatious eye-contact with a woman he might see as a respectable mother or grandmother? Maybe it is a sign of respect that she doesn't get oogled.

Develop your attributes as a dynamite person and your self-esteem will soar and if you are alone, someone will notice, and approach you or be receptive to your interest in him.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
hi everyone!

i think with the over-indulgence in pictures the heat factor(y) has done enormous damage to any other interest(s).

keep wondering.

Last edited by effie g-tad; 05-09-2009 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: adding y

Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
interesting your statement about invisibility facinated me. here is the other side of the coin.

as to on my own search, i go to dances alot. dance with people i know well, nice older women, harmless known them for years, but i have a vision problem. at these dances, everyone else sees pretty girls sitting at tables waiting to be asked to dance. but i see vampires, no reflection in the mirror at all.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:19 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
Default Not sure if it's

really looks so much as older women may develop more motherly ways of relating as time goes on, dampening the sexuality part.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:24 AM

142 posts, read 279,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
This is how we roll

Ok, so Pit and Chow....question for the men. We all know young men use the term MILF.

But what about the older dudes who prefer the younger ladies? Is DILF an appropriate term? Why or why not?

I think it's nasty. Reeks of incest.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:53 AM

503 posts, read 1,454,103 times
I agree with being a complete package. There is more to a woman then just looks. She should seek out places where men would share her same interest. Strike up a conversation and go from there.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:08 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I've known 2 older divorcee's who married their own age bracket. But generally - yea....the older you get the more the age bracket separates. Men 55 are going to marry a 40-45 year old etc. etc.
Since I'm 52 I've pretty much figured out there is no mate in my future. I have no interest in being a cougar even if I was attractive enough to support that which I'm not. And I have less than zero interest in hooking up with a 60-65 year old, having a 5 good years , spend another 10-15 nursing them along as they age, wheeling them around, giving them medicine, visiting them in a nursing home, burying them and ending up alone at the end anyway!
For many who can't stand to be alone, hey, whatever you need, whatever you want, I'm not being judgemental, just saying its not for me. Not that I'm not open minded if someone promising were to appear. I just don't think its going to happen since I'm not out there with a internet dating service and a trank gun, and I'm ok with that.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:09 PM

468 posts, read 1,220,100 times
Maybe it's because the 35-55 year old men have had sexual-harassment allegations thrown at them in the overly-politically-correct 80's/90's so they don't want to feel like they're "creeping a woman out" or "getting in her space" or even "making eye contact too long" by "harassing her". YES, it's true. The couple older guys I hang out with sometimes act this way for fear of "stepping on a woman's toes".

Old 05-11-2009, 12:27 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hmmmm .... you wouldn't happen to be related to Samston, would you???
Samston, the 30 something virgin?

I'm not writing a screen play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships