Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 04:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

In the world of most women unattractive guys are "freaks."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
In the world of artsy, unattractive guys are creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:25 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I agree! Those stupid women.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
I will easily fall into your category of unattractive guys. I never felt good of my looks. I hardly even comb my hair these days. I must be a freak.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Save up for a wig transplant and some nice clothing

Quote:
I will easily fall into your category of unattractive guys. I never felt good of my looks. I hardly even comb my hair these days. I must be a freak.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Save up for a wig transplant and some nice clothing
Would that un-freak me?

Old 05-11-2009, 05:02 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
When a I asked a while back about the best way to introduce yourself to a girl, a lot of you said "just say hi."

Well, I have been trying that for the past couple of days, but it hasn't been working.

I've been going to my normal spots; the cafe, the bar, the book store, the supermarket. If I saw a girl who was attractive standing in line or walking past me in the opposite direction, I've been trying to be bold by simply saying "hi."

Some of them said nothing and just looked confused. Most of them said "hi" back though, some with a smile, but either way, they all just went back to what they were normally doing as if nothing had happened.

This is why I said not to tell me to "just say hi;" that I needed something more creative and unique.

What comes after "hi?"

It's not you. I have gotten that from guys too. People think you're bothering them, or worse, that you are trying to get something from them or sell them something. Like a panhandler.

Personally, I would rather have a not-so handsome guy. Handsome men are a pain in the butt. They are full of themselves and not to be trusted. Too much trouble for it all.
A guy who isn't so wrapped up in his looks is more interesting. Has more interests, more to talk about, and goes deeper than a rain puddle.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM

The other side is, a woman can be moderately attractive, educated, clean, have nice teeth, look good for her age, and men aren't interested. I found out why. Because most older guys want a 25 year old. Then they wonder why they get taken financially and feel like a father.

My experiences have been that most my age don't date. It is a constant weeding through the lying married ones, and the single ones who don't want to date, they just are looking for quick sex, but are too cheap to pay for a hooker. "Oh gawd, I'd never do that!" they say, but in reality, that's really what they are looking for. A woman isn't someone they would like to have nice meals with, take hikes with, stare at the sunset with, see the new Star Trek movie with, or go on weekend trips with. For them, it's like having salt but no steak.
They only want casual sex, but no desire or being desired. Yeah, cuz some woman was a bad wife years ago, so we are all bad.

Live Long and Prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Personally, I would rather have a not-so handsome guy. Handsome men are a pain in the butt. They are full of themselves and not to be trusted. Too much trouble for it all.
A guy who isn't so wrapped up in his looks is more interesting. Has more interests, more to talk about, and goes deeper than a rain puddle.
Alien landing in the world of artsy and colossus.

Neb, alight your flying saucer and enter your orbit, right now.

While you're at it, do you know if whigs and nice clothes are scarce in your galaxy?

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
What's this "anymore" stuff. Approaching strangers never "worked" in the past or the present. In the past everyone got set up through friends or through arrangements (business deals between adults basically) or by already knowing the person so they weren't a stranger. In the present, nearly everyone you meet is a stranger, because population density is so high.

Absolutely do not place single ads. You will meet the most lame-o people on the planet. (Similar can be said for some clubs and some churches)

The secret to "what to say after 'hi'?" is that you need to keep talking like crazy and not ask questions of girls (or if you do ask, do not expect a real answer), because girls do not have any good answers the first time you meet them. So basically you keep talking and talking.

ohhh====??????? i wasn't aware of this. thank you!

hi everyone, btw.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Alien landing in the world of artsy and colossus.

Neb, alight your flying saucer and enter your orbit, right now.

While you're at it, do you know if whigs and nice clothes are scarce in your galaxy?
Actually, it's spelled "wigs"..."Whig" was a political party long ago. Like the Toupee party. Not to be confused with a Tupperware Party.

Hell, I am serious. Not all of us are superficial women. Some of us would like a guy to talk to over a Starbucks.

You want me to go away, and I find that funny. I hope you find what you are looking for. Jeesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships