Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 PM

15 posts, read 73,683 times

Advertisements

hello everyone and thanks for reading this, i'm a little confused with a situation and need you to tell me what's going on

i'm 24 years old, in college and i met this girl in school. She has a boyfriend (who i have met and were friends, before i met his gf) who she loves very much. We would hang out at school in between classes, having coffee, lunch etc and even though she was super friendly and nice i though that's how she was with everybody.
We started going for coffee outside of school and dinner dates a couple times. We would also talk via text messaging a lot and she would open up and tell me a lot of things about herself and her family. She also invited me over to her house for a xmas party when her bf couldn't be there,and said she would want me there to keep her company (since most of the people invited were her friend's friends), that night she offered me to stay there the night since i had drunk a little bit but i couldn't so didn't.

Even though we don't talk as much anymore, everytime i text her or send her an email she writes back telling me we should hang out and/or go for coffee etc. BUT she never sends me on her own, only if i send her first then replies.

I recently told her that i will be getting my own place etc and i jokingly said i 'm gonna need a maid to take care of me and cook for me etc. and she said that she would come over clean up my place and cook for me etc whenever i need to.

I was going through a break up with my gf and i used to date other girls and she would always ask me who i'm dating at this moment and if i could send her a picture of the girl i was dating and how things were going etc..

Can someone tell me what's going on? Does she like me or no? Due to the fact that she has a bf, and i'm not completely sure if she likes me i'm afraid to make an extra move. For example last time we went to dinner i didn't know whether to just hug her or kiss her or what to do when the date was over.
ps. There is nothing romantic betwee us (no flirty messages or anything) it's just that she's super nice to me and the way and the things she tells me show interest.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Sounds like she's just a nice person - who happens to have a boyfriend.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,007 times
She has a boyfriend. You are not her boyfriend. Save yourself the angst, and stop wondering about if she likes you or not. If she liked you enough to date you, she would dump the boyfriend.

Go out with other girls ~ who are NOT encumbered with a boyfriend. That way, you have the potential to be the boyfriend. (My son is 20 years old @ college, and is learning about girls and their mixed signals. I always tell my daughters to be honest, and to be clear with guys.)

While reading your post, I got the impression that you are absolutely adorable. If this girl is seriously interested in you, she needs to be honest and dump the boyfriend. If she is playing you and keeping the boyfriend, she is dishonest and no matter how taken you are with her, she is not the girl for you.

Best of luck to you young man!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:59 PM

438 posts, read 946,976 times
Eh. Not necessarily. I've got a beau but I still chat with a male cousin of one of my friends. Yep, I ask him how its going with the girl he's dating, we share opinions, we hang out sometimes. But I'm not and never have been attracted to him (I have made that clear up front also). He's just a nice guy who's fun to spend time with from time to time.
Also, why would you want to steal this girl away from somebody you claim is your friend? Wouldn't that kind of trash your friendship and possibly earn you an ass-kickin'?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,220 times
I agree. Don't mess with her. If she was interested, and a decent girl, she'd break it off with her boyfriend first.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
I'd start making moves on her personally. See how she reacts. If she turns you down you've got your answer. She only likes you as a friend and nothing more. She is not sexually attracted to you. Otherwise she would let you mess around with her.

I've known girls who had boyfriends and they still let me mess around with them. We kept it on the down low of course lol. It was just for fun of course. I didn't love her or anything so it didn't really matter.

If you were expecting sex or something more serious I would move on. If you like her as a non-sexual friend then keep her as that but don't expect something more later on because you are wasting your time.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:53 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
She is NOT trying to make you her boyfriend. She sees you as her friend and she is treating you like a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stop reading romance into her kindness/friendship. If you don't believe me, tell her you have feelings for her. I guarantee you will get no more replies after that.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default Don't

inquire about anything more with her, stay friends, seek out others, who knows, if one day she is no longer with him maybe she can be yours!

Old 05-09-2009, 10:12 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
She knows you like her and it's a nice ego boost for her. I'd back off.

If she really has feelings for you she'll dump her boyfriend and come after you if she stops hearing from you first.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:35 AM

16 posts, read 41,624 times
Maybe maybe not. The question is do you get along??? Are you willing to wait until she has no boyfriend? For you is this a relationship that you would want for life. She seems as if she does but she is in a relationship with someone else. Confront her on a sly conversation to see how and if she feels the same way. Relationships are more than feelings if they are to last the test of time. Companionship, friends first,communication is key, everything else is last. Make sure that she has moral values that are respectful to marriage and friendship. Then, take it slow, pray to jesus and see what happens. Min london
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships