Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,192,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCherry View Post
I know, I know.

I must have castrated men or something equally evil in my past life because practically every 3 out of 5 guys that I find myself attracted to turns out to be gay!

It doesn't help that what I find attractive in guys are usually qualities found in gay men.

I'm doomed LOL.
May I ask what it is you find attractive in guys that you feel is "usually found in gay men?" heh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,579,257 times
Apple, my first boyfriend and the first boy I ever kissed both turned out to be gay. I sympathize!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:10 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,164,879 times
Maybe you just like that metrosexual look..lol..now if he can shop with you for women's clothes and knows what he's doing, like what's his name from What Not To Wear or one of the guys from ***** Eye...maybe that's a red flag! lol..

Old 05-11-2009, 08:24 PM

179 posts, read 609,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmordean View Post
May I ask what it is you find attractive in guys that you feel is "usually found in gay men?" heh

I love a guy who knows how to groom himself and has style, basically takes care of the way he looks. One that's not afraid to enjoy typical girly stuff (ex: clothes, pilates, beauty treatments/products, etc.) Yes, I do like the whole metrosexual look... I don't know whether I should be proud of that fact or not LOL! While I do like guys to act like guys, I'm not into the whole gnarly man look and IMO, it's quite sexy when a can put together a stylish outfit.

I love a guy who's into art and all that implies - add talent into that mix and I'm a goner. When I went to art school for a summer, many of the guys I had crushes on were gay!!

And this reason is unexplainable but I kind of have a thing for gay voices... I don't know why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a history teacher attractive based on his slightly gay voice plus his incredible sense of humor (he was straight by the way).

Old 05-11-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I love a guy who knows how to groom himself and has style, basically takes care of the way he looks. One that's not afraid to enjoy typical girly stuff (ex: clothes, pilates, beauty treatments/products, etc.) Yes, I do like the whole metrosexual look... I don't know whether I should be proud of that fact or not LOL! While I do like guys to act like guys, I'm not into the whole gnarly man look and IMO, it's quite sexy when a can put together a stylish outfit.

I love a guy who's into art and all that implies - add talent into that mix and I'm a goner. When I went to art school for a summer, many of the guys I had crushes on were gay!!

And this reason is unexplainable but I kind of have a thing for gay voices... I don't know why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a history teacher attractive based on his slightly gay voice plus his incredible sense of humor (he was straight by the way).
Well such guys do exist, at least with MOST of your requirements. Gay voices, well, that will be harder to find in a straight dude haha. The rest, sure, plenty doable. I myself don't go in for the manicures and such, but I am very well groomed, like nice clothes, and have a sense of style. I've been accused of being "borderline metro." Sure, I look gruff sometimes (when I'm at the gym, or when I'm camping or something), but my day to day look is very clean and groomed. My good bud is the same way. I almost wonder where you live haha. Guys like the ones you look for should be pretty findable in major cities.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmordean View Post
Well such guys do exist, at least with MOST of your requirements. Gay voices, well, that will be harder to find in a straight dude haha. The rest, sure, plenty doable. I myself don't go in for the manicures and such, but I am very well groomed, like nice clothes, and have a sense of style. I've been accused of being "borderline metro." Sure, I look gruff sometimes (when I'm at the gym, or when I'm camping or something), but my day to day look is very clean and groomed. My good bud is the same way. I almost wonder where you live haha. Guys like the ones you look for should be pretty findable in major cities.
LOL the gay voice isn't a requirement or anything, I've just noticed that in the past I almost always have a little attraction for guys who possess such voice - actually, a friend of mine was the one to point this out to me after she noticed a reoccurring pattern!

As of now, I live in a rural town in a somewhat southern state. Enough said haha!!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,943,364 times
Quote:
LOL the gay voice isn't a requirement or anything, I've just noticed that in the past I almost always have a little attraction for guys who possess such voice - actually, a friend of mine was the one to point this out to me after she noticed a reoccurring pattern!

As of now, I live in a rural town in a somewhat southern state. Enough said haha!!

Oh, well, you're in the wrong place Apple!!! You need to move out here to Palm Springs, CA where the gays are gay and sometimes you can't tell the gays from the non-gays!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:

Yeah, come up to DC, I think you'd like hanging out with my friends and I hahaha. Nothing wrong with rural areas or rural guys, nothing wrong at all... but if you want us stylish dudes, the city is a better bet .

Old 05-11-2009, 08:39 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,392,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I never felt any attraction to gays - until ------ this American Idol competitor who is going to win AI this year. He OOOOZES sexuality, for sexuality sake, whether you are a man, a woman, doesn't matter. Hot hot hot!

Who hasn't seen him - search him singing "Ring of Fire" on YouTube.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...ireyadam1a.gif

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...a20ca80a02.jpg

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v..._feb_07777.jpg

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...land/Adam1.jpg

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...land/Adam2.jpg

"Ring of fire" ? how appropriate......

Old 05-11-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Oh, well, you're in the wring place Apple!!! You need to move out here to Palm Springs, CA where the gays are gay and sometimes you can't tell the gays from the non-gays!

Nooooo! This could lead to only more potential cracks in my little heart!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships