Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:53 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Maybe she doesn't have pity or compassion ....... it's pretty common for women to be extremely selfish and insensitive like that.
Actually, women have more compassion than men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_it_here View Post
As for the counselor - people who think they know exactly what the counselor is going to say, are almost never right, and honestly the counseling usually doesn't work unless said person gets an attitude adjustment before they walk through the door.
True. My husband went through 4 counselors trying to find one who would blame me for his issues. He was sure if I'd change, he'd be happy.

I don't know if you have to have the attitude adjustment before you walk through the door but you have to have one. It doesn't matter what the counselor has to say if you won't listen.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Actually, women have more compassion than men.
Both members of the human race are composed of the same materials: yin and yang. Female judges are notorious for handing down stiffer prison sentences than men. Studies have confirmed it's much easier for a woman to fire an employee than a man. Where I work, it's all women in administration. And I've never met a more trigger-happy group who will fire you for any reason.

Even the female employees, unanimously agree, that it's far less stressful working for men and they worry less about losing their jobs.

Women more compassionate? We need a new thread for this and this alone!
But it's not going to be started by a woman, the results would be too embarrassing.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,583,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadabra123 View Post
We did have sex when ***I*** initiated it. That's not how it should be though. That's the mans job.
I had to stop reading any more posts after you posted this.

I totally disagree that it is the mans job. I would be thrilled if my wife initiated sex. We like to be seduced too!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:48 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
I totally disagree that it is the mans job. I would be thrilled if my wife initiated sex. We like to be seduced too!
Agreed 100%. It's a two way street. BOTH sides need to do their part, including initiation.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:28 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,730 times
Lord, where do I start? He isn't good in bed, so you told him to BUY A BOOK!!!??? WTF is wrong with you?! This is your husband!! You should be willing to help him and guide him. Trust me honey, if you don't, somebody else will.

Plus, you said that there are plenty of romantic men out there. I'm sorry, but they are not lining up to take a crack at a 300lb+ woman. That's just a fact. Especially one with an attitude like yours. Buy a book....pfffft.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 PM

147 posts, read 535,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadabra123 View Post
Omg, I can't believe how you have all turned this around and made me the bad guy. Do you not understand how lonely and miserable this is?? I posted here because I read another post about.a woman being stuck with a low libido husband, so I posted my story too as I thought people would understand. Instead you people take his side when he has done nothing but neglect me. It is the mans job to initiate lovemaking too. Are you telling me I have to chase him?? I'm the woman and he's the man. His lack of initiation is causing our marriage to fail and no I will not go to a councellor to charge me $200 to tell me my husband needs to learn to be romantic and seduce his wife.

Chase him LOL. That's funny. Now I understand why people cheat.
You're a neanderthal! Why are you sticking to these stupid sex roles? At least, if you're going to insist on sex roles then be consistent and play your ridiculous pre-conceived part as well. Get out the Vogues and start working on looking like a model! Cos yknow, you're the woman, and the thing you have to be first and foremost is physically attractive.

Good grief.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ronika View Post
You're a neanderthal! Why are you sticking to these stupid sex roles? At least, if you're going to insist on sex roles then be consistent and play your ridiculous pre-conceived part as well. Get out the Vogues and start working on looking like a model! Cos yknow, you're the woman, and the thing you have to be first and foremost is physically attractive.

Good grief.
Darn. I'm in trouble I haven't been in shape to wear anything modeled in Vogue for about 15 years. That's what I get for quitting smoking and having two kids.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:45 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
Hmmm Every guy I've been with has loved the fact that I initiate sex some of the time. If I sat around eating pizza and waiting for a guy to make the first move, I'd probably weigh 300 pounds too. You want him, go get him.

About the weight... no you shouldn't lose the weight for him, but you definitely need to lose it for yourself. Do you really want diabetes, heart disease, joint problems and a host of other health problems that come with that kind of weight? Find a group of women to go walking with and get off the couch. There's no time like the present.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:14 PM

147 posts, read 535,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Darn. I'm in trouble I haven't been in shape to wear anything modeled in Vogue for about 15 years. That's what I get for quitting smoking and having two kids.
You understand I was being facetious right?

Seems like sex roles are a real problem for the OP...

Although no one has commented on the ridiculous "Omg, I can't believe how you have all turned this around and made me the bad guy. Do you not understand how lonely and miserable this is?? I posted here because I read another post about.a woman being stuck with a low libido husband, so I posted my story too as I thought people would understand. Instead you people take his side when he has done nothing but neglect me."

This woman is such a victim. Its all her husband's fault and now city-data is being mean too, boo hoo. The husband wants to go to counseling, but she doesnt want to. She wants forum advice, but doesnt really. She just wants to whine in public and have a pity party. She probably fantasizes about being on daytime tv.

Last edited by v3ronika; 05-17-2009 at 02:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships