Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 11:39 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventist View Post
Again, this really doesn't "prove" anything other than the fact that unprotected sex with multiple partners is a bad idea. Regardless of what year the article was published, that doesn't make the case any stronger.
That they found lower transmission of STD's doesn't mean anything? I think it means the bible knew what it was talking about when it recommended circumcision.

You don't have to be promicuous to catch and spread STD's. All it takes is once.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:39 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,663,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Um, no. The external "flaps" on a woman serve the purpose of keeping things out of the vagina we don't want there. It's closed when not in use. Without those folds of skin, every time we went swimming or took a bath, all kinds of stuff could get up there.
But that's why its not a good ideal to give circumcised boys bubble baths, stuff gets in there with out the flaps of skin to protect it. I always thought that male and female genitalia were pretty similar, which is why sex change operations happen. why does society condone the removal of the male "labia?" all of the risk of transmitting any disease and bacteria go away with proper hygiene, I think a female who won't wash between booty calls is just as much of a risk to a male

Old 05-23-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventist View Post
So a 2,000 year old practice that has no direct benefit is a good idea, because a couple people you talked to agreed? Cool.
It does have benefits. For example, the female partners of circumcised men are less likely to contract cervical cancer. Circumcision also results in lowering the odds of contracting an STD and spreading one. Of course so does wearing a condom every time but how many men actually use a condom every time they have sex?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
But that's why its not a good ideal to give circumcised boys bubble baths, stuff gets in there with out the flaps of skin to protect it. I always thought that male and female genitalia were pretty similar, which is why sex change operations happen. why does society condone the removal of the male "labia?" all of the risk of transmitting any disease and bacteria go away with proper hygiene, I think a female who won't wash between booty calls is just as much of a risk to a male
Because it reduces the risk of contracting and spreading STD's. Removal of the female labia would not have the same effect.

http://www.circinfo.net/cervical_can...cised_men.html

Old 05-23-2009, 01:24 PM

23 posts, read 37,937 times
Quote:
It does have benefits. For example, the female partners of circumcised men are less likely to contract cervical cancer. Circumcision also results in lowering the odds of contracting an STD and spreading one. Of course so does wearing a condom every time but how many men actually use a condom every time they have sex?
I think those women are at higher risk of cervical cancer due to promiscuity. It has nothing to do with circumcision. Find the report from the AMA that cites this "finding." Again, lower odds of contracting STDs (and spreading them) has to do with unprotected sex.

How many men actually use a condom every time? The smart ones, that's who.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 PM

23 posts, read 37,937 times
Quote:
Because it reduces the risk of contracting and spreading STD's. Removal of the female labia would not have the same effect.

Cervical Cancer in Female Partners of Uncircumcised Men
Mothering Magazine Article: Case Against Circumcision

Circumcision does NOT reduce the risk of spreading STDs. Correlation does NOT equal causation. Please stop parroting this information as "fact."

Old 05-23-2009, 02:08 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,125 times
Quote:
That they found lower transmission of STD's doesn't mean anything? I think it means the bible knew what it was talking about when it recommended circumcision.

You don't have to be promicuous to catch and spread STD's. All it takes is once.
That was the old testament involving jews. If you read the new testament you will realize it does not pertain to Christians. Circumcision in those days is not the circumcision practiced today for "cultural reasons." I won't even address the STD issue it is so lame.

Christian Parents and the Circumcision Issue

Old 05-23-2009, 02:59 PM

550 posts, read 1,214,445 times
How come people always get into religion somehow?

What ever... My circumcision was made because my foreskin was simply too small for it's load when the load expanded...and it hurt like hell...the circumcision hurt like hell too, but only for a month...(did it last year) No religion involved.

After I had my circumcision I noticed that the surface of the ***** has become totally different. it has adapted to facing the outside world without being protected by the foreskin.
When having a foreskin there is a fluid between the ***** and the foreskin that gets secreted out to keep the friction down, because of this there are alot of open pores. However when the ***** adapts to a curcumcision these close and the fluid stops being produced and secreted. This happens along the same time as the nerve ends die, making it less sensitive to touch and temperature.

This makes it more resistant to any absobing of fluid, and thus somebody with a circumcision has a vastly prolonged timeframe when it comes to cleaning vaginal fluids off his penis.

So the answer is yes and no; if a guy with a circumcision sleeps with an infected woman, and does not wash his penis properly, he will run the same risk as a natural guy. However if the natural guy pulls his dick straight out after a very short sexact, he will be able to save himself, although he has very likely also saved her from pleasure. I'd say a person with foreskin has almost no timeframe, like the time it takes for a cream to be absorbed through the skin or shorter to wash his bits while a circumcised guy might have about 10 minutes longer

Personally I wouldn't skip the condom anyway since anything but a bedtime failure lasts way longer than 10 minutes, but it does give a second barrier for brainmalfunction...
So now you know. I wouldn't count it as a protection against STDs but, it does lower the risk to for example get STDs from STD infected people with between 10%-50% according to different studdies I read before having the surgery.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,415 times
This debate has been around for decades now. I 4,1-think natural is normal. I didn't get that choice. BUT,,,,,the AMA is getting wealthy from it. Amoung other things...!!! =-)

Old 05-23-2009, 03:43 PM

550 posts, read 1,214,445 times
lol the forum censored g.l.a.n.s, whats the medical term in english?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships