Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:38 AM

13 posts, read 51,156 times

Advertisements

i guess im what u would consider a nice guy in realtionships im always looking to make my girlfriend happy i put so much effort into trying to make things the best they could possibly be. anyways even with trying 150% the girls always seem to find a way to break the trust wether it be cheating or lying often it just seems like the good guys always end up with the crazy girls and all the good girls worth trying for are atracted to a$$ holes.

Let me know what ya think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
What do you consider a "good girl worth trying for"?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmattx View Post
i guess im what u would consider a nice guy in realtionships im always looking to make my girlfriend happy i put so much effort into trying to make things the best they could possibly be. anyways even with trying 150% the girls always seem to find a way to break the trust wether it be cheating or lying often it just seems like the good guys always end up with the crazy girls and all the good girls worth trying for are atracted to a$$ holes.

Let me know what ya think.
Welcome to the world of dating. It happens to people of all shapes, sizes and colors and in both genders. You just have to learn when to pay attention to your radar.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:49 AM

a girl that still has morals that isnt going to lead someone on letting them fall in love then taking it away from them without any explaination and then moving on like a week later already in a relationship. i believe a girl worth trying for is a girl that is willing to put as much effort into the realtionship as the other

Old 05-16-2009, 11:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Okay, that makes sense. Has this happened to you a lot, or did you just break up with someone?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:00 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
This thread almost sounds like something someone I know would post. Notice the newness of the poster.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 PM

not a lot just my last two realtionships the first being my first love the second being the love i thouhgt i found again i put all my trust into both of these girls and they did the most messed up things to ruin our relationships... and the worst part is that i still dont wish anything bad for either of them even though they crushed me making each realtionship after that much harder to put trust into

Old 05-16-2009, 12:07 PM

yeah im new to the web site and i enjoy getting others views on things even though it is stangers its better then going threw things alone

Old 05-16-2009, 12:10 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,385 times
xmattx, how old are you and the girls you are dating?

Not to say that all early 20-somethings are like this but with each passing year things will get better. Perhaps if you change where and how you look to meet someone new. It has pretty much always been an accepted fact that it is highly unlikely that anyone will meet their soul mate in a bar. Not to say it hasn't happened, but it's unlikely.

I have always found the best resource for meeting new people is through friends who know you best. That is how I met my DH as a matter of fact. One of my co-workers knew him and thought we'd hit it off. How right she was!

Old 05-16-2009, 12:30 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,311 times
Sounds like you're making it too easy on them. If the girl doesn't have to work at making you happy too, then she'll just lose interest. You're not being a 'nice guy' you're being a pushover plain and simple.

So you have to look at yourself first.

What does a girl have to do to make YOU happy?
Why do you feel the need to sacrifice yourself for her happiness? (150% effort is unsustainable)
Why do you allow yourself to fall in love with someone who's clearly not committed to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships