U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 AM

2,985 posts, read 2,169,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I won't presume to be an expert on male sexuality, but I do think women may not use their "sensuality" enough.

Sensuality is subtle and mysterious. It is not blatantly sexual - like exposing a boob, wearing tight/low-cut dresses, or too much makeup. It is not talking/bragging about what you can do in the bedroom. It is not much talking at all.

Sensuality is less obvious. It is how you gracefully move, smell, and listen. Your curves and the softness of your skin. It is about being completely confident in your body without having to flaunt it. It is about intelligence and intuition and interacting in a playful, mischievous way. It's the way you touch your hair, his hands while you talk making him crave more. It is about restraint. It is hard to teach as sensuality is a state of being.

I do think a man's desire for "sensuality" and not just sexuality is undervalued. So, in that way, I think that male sexuality can be sometimes oversimplified.

^^^^
THIS!

Don't get me wrong; I lurves the nekkid wimmins! BUT --

For me, when a woman puts on one of my oversized flannel shirts and is wearing it practically like a bathrobe, otherwise only wearing panties and socks...

When we're outside working and her hair is pulled back in a ponytail, or a rag, and she's got a little sweat and dirt on her face, and for whatever reason our eyes meet and we just know, we just smile in a kind of shared enjoyment...

When an intelligent woman (WHOA, my mega-weakness!!!) is talking about something enthusiastically and she's not really even seeing the room anymore because her discussion of any given subject has led her mind's eye off into a panorama of visualization, and there's a kind of merriment and wonder written across her face...

When I'm on the couch and she comes and just curls up beside me, snuggles into me, beneath my arm, or pulls my arm around her...

When she brings me a drink, has one of her own and then just sits on my lap and settles in as though she belongs there (which, in my opinion, she does)...

When I'm doing something and she just comes up behind, wraps her arms around me and hugs me, squeezes me, makes that "yummy" sound, and I realize she's doing this because SHE wants to, wants to touch ME, feel ME pressed against her...

When I kiss her -- and feel her really kissing me BACK...

When she dresses up just a little, takes care with the clothing so that she looks nice, and she teases me just a little because she knows that the better her clothing looks ON her the sooner I want to rip it OFF...

When I grab her, whirl her around to face the wall, press myself against her, holding her, pinning her there and pressing into her so she can feel my arousal, and I lean down to growl/whisper in her ear all the nasty, nasty things I plan to do to her body, and she gasps and shudders without really saying anything else, a kind of feminine submission...

When she's fully clothed BUT pauses to look at me over her shoulder, her expression one of mischief, and she smirks a little, wiggles her arse before going on about her business, that shared, private delight which belongs only to us...

When she walks up out of the blue and puts her arms around my neck, kisses me and takes the time to smile...

When she calls and says, without any vulgarity or explicit language "Oooooh, I'm thinking of you in naughty, naughty ways..."

You see, women LIKE these things themselves. What makes them think men don't? That we aren't into this stuff, that we want only the wham-bam-thank you, ma'am aspect of stuff?

It's sensuous and it revs our engines mightily. That kind of stuff makes me harder than getting a mosquito out of a tent!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM

8,739 posts, read 4,303,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
"They" do not. Some may some may not. I for one have never drooled like a dog. Try changing they to '"in my experience" or "apparently" or "it seems most/many/some". Try considering a little quantifiability.

What's this thread again? Oh yes... 'Do women oversimplify male sexuality'. Well, it would appear so wouldn't it.
I said "they" and that's what I meant.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM

5,662 posts, read 1,859,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Naturally.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM

4,014 posts, read 4,174,015 times
Quote:
I'm going to have to side with the guys on this one.... Not every last one of them has been conditioned like Pavlov's dog.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I'm going to have to side with the guys on this one.... Not every last one of them has been conditioned like Pavlov's dog.

good to know.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 AM

4,014 posts, read 4,174,015 times
Quote:
good to know.
Not sure why you bolded that part? Am I now a traitor?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Not sure why you bolded that part? Am I now a traitor?
LOL. No I bolded it to say it's good to know you're going with the guys on this one. As in, thanks for your opinion on the matter.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM

2,985 posts, read 2,169,107 times
GoCUBS1, do you recall all those "beta" threads which ran for a while, men who belaboured the point of the "evil wimminz" who had taken advantage of them, who displayed neither logic nor conscience in their selection of men, all of which amounted to the difference between a slu+ and a b!+c# is that a slu+ is doing it with everybody, while a b!+c# is doing it with everybody but ME"...?

Stop and think a moment on this one. Each of those guys came in with a closed mind, an absolutely unshakeable idea of what women REALLY think and REALLY want and how they REALLY behave, each and every last doggone one of them!

It was ludicrous -- but at the same time unflinching because a mind, like a cabinet, has to be OPEN before anything can be put into it; ergo, those threads vented and twisted and went nowhere.

Why be surprised when a female version shows up? It's the same general thread of experiences and observations, just as valid and invalid (both), and just as firmly ensconced.

And just as inarguable, in the long run.

I didn't see it at first either, but there it is.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Doll's Eyes basically sees all men as sex-crazed oafs.

you forgot cheap.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned.

Also ironic how the OP asked a question about 'male sexuality' as in all of you, but you don't accept an answer that includes 'all' of you... Once again when you don't like the opinion or it's not kissing your behinds -- it's gotta be 'male bashing.'. LOL. Whatever.

Last edited by PJSinger; 05-03-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships