Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:59 PM

179 posts, read 609,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
If you can't take my view on AIDS then tough luck, cookie... But before AIDS became pandemic there was very rampant promiscuous sex and orgies going around late 70's to mid 80's. So yeah, I really think God sent AIDS as a punishment for promiscuous sex.

Probably Hobokenkitchen and JustJulia are "loose" sex crazed people?
Are you serious?

You sound like one of those people that have a completely WARPED view of God. Please take your condescending and judgmental opinions and share them elsewhere.

And I can't even believe that you are seriously stooping as low as to insult Hobokenkitchen and JustJulia, who are both two people that you know absolutely nothing about.

If you want people to accept you and your love of women's clothing, then you're going to have to learn to stop being so damn judgmental and hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM

179 posts, read 609,868 times
And OP: did you say that you're a gay guy who's become attracted to a female? Do tell more... lol!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 PM

5,003 posts, read 12,331,630 times
Quote:
If you can't take my view on AIDS then tough luck, cookie... But before AIDS became pandemic there was very rampant promiscuous sex and orgies going around late 70's to mid 80's. So yeah, I really think God sent AIDS as a punishment for promiscuous sex.

Ummm .... ... ... ... what?

I personally think HIV/AIDS has been around for a while. A (small) percentage of Europeans are resistant to it. That means the human body has had time to adapt to it, and since there's no evidence for recent human adaptation to the HIV, that leads me to believe that it is inherited among a small percentage of people who are descended from people who caught it, and by a miracle called our immune systems, got cured.

Of course that assumes that you accept the mountains of evidence of evolution / adaptation, and that God (if he exists) didn't create mankind in its current form over seven days.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:10 PM

445 posts, read 1,069,397 times
Quote:

Wow. So HIV and AIDS, is a punishment? A punishment to everyone, in the path of it? People who go for blood transfusions, newborn babies, an unsuspecting spouse, or significant other? You better start praying for yourself then, because you are lumping everyone as ripe for punishment. We are all interconnected, in some way, shape, form or fashion, when you get right down to it. No one knows, everything, about, everyone, all of the time. Unless you've been celibate since birth. Hmmm.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:44 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,389,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Ummm .... ... ... ... what?

I personally think HIV/AIDS has been around for a while. A (small) percentage of Europeans are resistant to it. That means the human body has had time to adapt to it, and since there's no evidence for recent human adaptation to the HIV, that leads me to believe that it is inherited among a small percentage of people who are descended from people who caught it, and by a miracle called our immune systems, got cured.

Of course that assumes that you accept the mountains of evidence of evolution / adaptation, and that God (if he exists) didn't create mankind in its current form over seven days.
Google "Delta 32".

Old 05-23-2009, 04:07 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,370,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
My complaint ........ is why can't guys just give each other hand sessions. Why can't they just be ok with that and kissing?
Why does it have to be intercourse. You will have the same result. The orgasm. See some men are morons. They never get it through their thick head that sex really isn't that fantastic when it is casual and unsafe, and then when they are HIV + they still want to have sex, well forget it, that's a stupid idea.
some gay guys i know generally give three words concerning intercourse:

the prostate, dude!

From what I hear, prostate stimulation is better than genital stimulation, so to me it's a no-brainer why an already HIV+ guy still wants intercourse.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:53 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,447,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
Now I am a gay male who is attracted to some female. But I am not the one who is HIV positive.

I have story about my pretty much best friend who turned positive a little while back
He got the disease by being drunk, and taking an advantage by another male who did him with no condom. So he wasn't promiscious, he was a guy put into a bad situation. Though most cases are transmitted through sex (Mostly promiscious behavior in high-income countries) Me being a med major I've studied this a lot.

He has sworn to be celibate for the rest of his life because he does not want to transmit the disease to others. Does that make him sort of a hero in a way?

I asked him "Why can't you enjoy sex, as long as you disclose your status in a relationship. And if you get rejected. You get rejected for the disease not because of you who are as a person" He said he cannot handle that type of rejection so by "Publicaly announcing" His celibacy. He completely gave up alcohol, and partying. And sex forever.

We are told that sex is part of human nature. Is that really true though? I mean we do live in a civilized society. We can control our emotions how do monks do it? His story was really fascinating.
Doing the right thing doesn't make you a hero. It just means you did the right thing. Sex isn't someting we're entitled to because it involves other people and we are not entitled to risk their health. Had your friend not sworn off sex, then he'd be pond scum for not doing the right thing. Had the guy who gave him aids done the right thing, he wouldn't have aids now.

I wish him well. I hope he finds companionship in spite of being HIV positive. Sex, however, has to be off the table because the consequences can now be too grave.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:45 AM

326 posts, read 879,422 times
Quote:

Jesse69, stop bullying pple over the internet. It's really not cool.

What the hell has possessed you to think they are 'sex crazed'.

Sadly, the more pple become regulars, the more they can get away with...

Old 05-23-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCherry View Post
Are you serious?

You sound like one of those people that have a completely WARPED view of God. Please take your condescending and judgmental opinions and share them elsewhere.

And I can't even believe that you are seriously stooping as low as to insult Hobokenkitchen and JustJulia, who are both two people that you know absolutely nothing about.

If you want people to accept you and your love of women's clothing, then you're going to have to learn to stop being so damn judgmental and hypocritical.
In a sense it is. Had we never had rampant, promscious sex (particularly beastiality which is thought to be the orgin of AIDS in humans), we wouldn't have AIDS. So, if we'd listened to God, we wouldn't have AIDS.

Now I don't think it's God's punishment but rather the consequence of us not listening to God's warning.

And a love of women's clothing doesn't harm anyone. AIDS does. Unfortunately, we'll never do what it will take to end AIDS and that is quit having promsicous sex, like God said. If we were to stop all promiscuous sex today, AIDS would all but disappear. So, we did it to ourselves.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:

Do you think it's God's punishment or simply the natural consequence of not listening to God? I don't believe God rains down destruction on his children. I think he warns us about things that are bad for us and if we do them anyway, we suffer the natural consequences of not listening.

I would liken this to me telling my teenaged daughters to avoid sex because 1) they might get pregnant and 2) they might get an STD and 3) they might get a bad reputation. Now if they ignore my warnings (as most teens seem to do) and any of the above happens, it would not be me punishing them but, rather, them suffering the natural consequences of their own decision not to listen when warned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships