Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:09 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,002,785 times

Advertisements

I recently completed my junior year of college & now that I'm back home, I feel like all I do is eat & sleep & help out around the house...I'll be a senior next year but at school I am always on the go & for some reason I just feel like it gets harder & harder for me to adjust living @ home...I am so used to a routine, activities with friends, volunteering, & whenever I get off a routine I get really depressed...

is it normal to be feeling this way & what can I do to stop feeling so sad when I really have things to be happy about... (graduation next year, internship in June)?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,021,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I recently completed my junior year of college & now that I'm back home, I feel like all I do is eat & sleep & help out around the house...I'll be a senior next year but at school I am always on the go & for some reason I just feel like it gets harder & harder for me to adjust living @ home...I am so used to a routine, activities with friends, volunteering, & whenever I get off a routine I get really depressed...

is it normal to be feeling this way & what can I do to stop feeling so sad when I really have things to be happy about... (graduation next year, internship in June)?

Hay Chanteuse d' Opéra, long time no see....

Yes, this is normal, I mean when you leave home you mentally adapt to your new freedom and fast paced environment but now that you are home it's just the opposite so you feel a void as if something is missing and that you should be doing "something".

My advice would be just to relax and take your time and enjoy yourself even though your mind is trying to find something for you to do.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:01 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,923,431 times
You gotta hit the gym or take a group dance class or something. You have to get outta the house and lift your spirits! You can do it!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,809,751 times
Please get some anti-depressants , please get many of them, your situation sounds so so very serious. j/k

Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 PM

168 posts, read 530,656 times
I don't see why you can't do things with friends and volunteer throughout the summer as you say you are used to doing through the year. We volunteer all year 'round at our local humane society and they are always looking for help. They don't care how much time you have to give, they'll happily take it. We walk dogs, brush cats, bathe dogs, feed them ... whatever you want to do, they are most grateful for. Check out the humane societies in your area.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 PM

Because she has a chemical imbalance. Let's be for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
I don't see why you can't do things with friends and volunteer throughout the summer as you say you are used to doing through the year. We volunteer all year 'round at our local humane society and they are always looking for help. They don't care how much time you have to give, they'll happily take it. We walk dogs, brush cats, bathe dogs, feed them ... whatever you want to do, they are most grateful for. Check out the humane societies in your area.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 PM

168 posts, read 530,656 times
Every time someone is bored or feeling sad or depressed doesn't mean they have a chemical imbalance.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,392,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post

Yes, normal. We all go through this in life from time to time. You gotta fight it and find things do, like TT said, go join a gym, play tennis, get a summer job, or whatever. It's only a few months!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,587,373 times
Actually I think you have looked a gift horse in the mouth.

This will probably be the last summer you have before "real life" begins. There are a few exceptions, but for most people for the next 40 years you'll be working every week, maybe raising a family and having many more responsibilities. For most people between the ages of 22-65 they wont ever have a three month sabbatical free of responsibility and the free reign to do as they please.

Here you are now, 20,21,22 whatever age you are, with almost no real responsibility, so I'd find good ways to make use of your free time and enjoy it.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 PM

Yes. I'm glad you agree that every time she feels bored and sad that she has a chemical imbalance. It's unfortunate, but what can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
Every time someone is bored or feeling sad or depressed doesn't mean they have a chemical imbalance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships