Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:15 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I hate holiday weekends as a single guy who lives alone because most females are with families or doing family things and it's not a regular weekend. So I will probably have to wait until Tuesday for things to get back to normal in the world of ONLINE DATING.

I used to break the rules years ago and would meet a girl on Christmas Eve and not care anything about a holiday.

But as a guy, you have it a bit easier because you get to do the asking out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 01:16 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I wasn't talking to you anyway - you aren't the OP. Who cares if dancing's not your thing? It might be the OP's thing. I couldn't care less what your interests are. OP asked for advice and I gave HIM some advice. If you want to get all pissy because you don't dance, then be my guest.
Hey, chill out, it was just my opinion. And this is an open forum, not a private one on one conversation, so anyone can post a response!

I wasn't trying to insult you at all.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:19 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,606 times
Quote:
I hate holiday weekends as a single guy who lives alone because most females are with families or doing family things and it's not a regular weekend. So I will probably have to wait until Tuesday for things to get back to normal in the world of ONLINE DATING.
I used to break the rules years ago and would meet a girl on Christmas Eve and not care anything about a holiday.
Why can't you go out and actually meet someone not in cyberspace? Lots of people at local parks today, at parades, in restaurants...try that!

Old 05-25-2009, 01:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Why can't you go out and actually meet someone not in cyberspace? Lots of people at local parks today, at parades, in restaurants...try that!
yes meeting someone in a public park is a great idea, hey wait a minute i did that 8 years ago, lemme pull up my shirt, yep still got the scars, scratch that idea.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i meet lots of people online. we dont date. they are not disappointed, i am not outraged and betrayed by their false assertions, then i go to a dance or an art class, everybody is happy, we go home alone and unharmed why is that so bad? pet the cat, feed the hummingbird, go to bed get up and do it again. 25% live alone, the rest wished they did.
Man, you got that right!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 01:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Hey, chill out, it was just my opinion. And this is an open forum, not a private one on one conversation, so anyone can post a response!

I wasn't trying to insult you at all.
And that was my response - so YOU chill out, okay?!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 03:43 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes meeting someone in a public park is a great idea, hey wait a minute i did that 8 years ago, lemme pull up my shirt, yep still got the scars, scratch that idea.

Meeting someone at a public park during the holidays, someone you don't know, is always gonna get ya in trouble. LOL.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:23 AM

22,164 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
No I'm a shy guy and can only meet women from the Phone or Computer. I never been able to approach a complete stranger in public.
That's just it though, once you both show up at the same event, or class, or hike, or group, then you are no longer strangers, you are simply two people with a common interest and something to talk about. Go for it. Nothing will change until you do. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships