Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 02:31 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times

Advertisements

Creepy? That reminds me of a time back in my Navy years. While traversing between parts of the base I was walking behind this small gal (5'-6"?) who was walking between the housing Dorms. Evidently she did not hear me come up behind (I move very quietly for a large guy) and just before I stepped out to go around her she turned about and saw me looming behind her. She let out a scream to curl your hair and must of jumped 12 ft straight up why making flailing motions to escape. I almost died laughing. Never said anything to her but I expect she thought I was "creepy". Or perhaps it is my Freddy Kruger imitation?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
LOL...wish I could pass out reps for all your posts, great humor, but you know the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Creepy? That reminds me of a time back in my Navy years. While traversing between parts of the base I was walking behind this small gal (5"-6"?) who was walking between the housing Dorms. Evidently she did not hear me come up behind (I move very quietly for a large guy) and just before I stepped out to go around her she turned about and saw me looming behind her. She let out a scream to curl your hair and must of jumped 12 ft straight up why making flailing motions to escape. I almost died laughing. Never said anything to her but I expect she thought I was "creepy". Or perhaps it is my Freddy Kruger imitation?

Old 05-25-2010, 03:00 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
specific concrete creepy traits that have been named are still being ignored.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:04 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
specific concrete creepy traits that have been named are still being ignored.
Right. An awkward guy you're not into isn't necessarily creepy. A guy who persists after you turn him down politely is creepy. A guy who shows up at your work or your home when you never told him where you work or live is creepy. A guy who follows you around and never speaks to you is creepy. Get the difference?

Old 05-25-2010, 04:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Good thing you won't be getting old, then. Or wind up with some illness or, good grief, have an accident and wind up needing someone else to save your butt - we'll make sure the men just ignore your plight. I'll keep 'em busy.
You're being obtuse. I am talking about relying on a husband or significant other or a man just because he's male to come and rescue a damsel in distress. I wouldn't rely on a woman, either. I don't expect people to come to my rescue when I can do it myself, and if the day ever comes when I can't fend for myself, I know where the bullets are. You may be fine with becoming a burden on someone. I am not.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
I'll be fair and state that most of the female posters here don't mean to sound like misandrists but they do. Much of it has been the conditioning they've been getting over the past 40 years of feminism.

Perhaps I didn't realize that it was so bad and the situation was so prevalent.

I guess its just the bad luck of about 70% of men that they look like these types.
As ThatSong has said, physical attractiveness has nothing to do with it. It's all about behavior.

And yes, you wouldn't believe how much inappropriate behavior there is out there. Let's start with men who can't look a woman in the eye when speaking to her, and instead stare at her chest. That is creepy, and a lot of men do it.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Thank you, Thatsong.

[/b]

Good thing you won't be getting old, then. Or wind up with some illness or, good grief, have an accident and wind up needing someone else to save your butt - we'll make sure the men just ignore your plight. I'll keep 'em busy.

I think this is the first time I've agreed with you. It's about time! Yup, it isn't fair.

Ah yes, on PlanetTV, all unattractive people are considered creepy. I mean, they couldn't be nice people or likeable even. It's all in the looks.

I'm just telling you how some women think. If a guy is to himself and not a looker he is ..........CREEPY!!

Old 05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
As ThatSong has said, physical attractiveness has nothing to do with it. It's all about behavior.

And yes, you wouldn't believe how much inappropriate behavior there is out there. Let's start with men who can't look a woman in the eye when speaking to her, and instead stare at her chest. That is creepy, and a lot of men do it.
Well that maybe her fault if her chest is that revealing

Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well that maybe her fault if her chest is that revealing
No, they stare and use their imagination.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:03 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Be the "right guy", then.

Might as well tell me to:
Be Smart
Be Funny
Be Tall
Be Blue-Eyed
Be Muscular
Be Rich
Be White
Be Well Educated
Be Socially Conscious
Be Christian
Be Atheist
Be Buddhist
Be Jewish
Be Islamic
Be Handsome

You can't make yourself "be" the right guy. Each girl has her own brand of "right guy."

I notice you didn't disagree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships