Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:17 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Actually Wayne Gacey a FUBAR serial killer helped out in his community a lot and had a normal family.

And why are most child molesters married men or priests?

Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute

Now those are 'creeps'.
"Most" aren't, this more of a case of better access. And yet more skewed statistics.

How many people you completely view as "sane" choose to join a restrictive environment of complete celibacy? My view normally for a good percentage of nuns and priests is there's something they feel through societal pressures as having unnatural desires, and seek this because they feel they might be closer to god by fighting against them and either ultimately failing or becoming at least moderately twisted in some other manner.

We're coming up on females catching up with "molesting" in schools, because of their daily social ineptness with others their age in most cases, along with isolation. Frankly, it's not surprising in the least to me, considering just how many single and often times older women work as elementary/jrhigh/highschool teachers in contrast to men, especially single straight ones.

The ones that usually do things off-the-wall so to speak, snapping are ones that usually have continuing isolation, and further lessening social skills making them further inept in empathizing and successfully interacting with others.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Surely you jest! What could possibly make you believe that men desire women more than women desire men?
Not at all, in this reference I should be a bit more clear. Generally speaking, women are what's sought after more actively, more openly, with far more vigor, and for less considered scrupulous rationales than the average woman seeking a man.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
Sometimes people isolate themselves because they don't want non-empathic and nasty people to treat them poorly. I think a lot of people would agree with me on that. Saying somebody is isolated is somewhat of an unnecessary cut down imo.

You are painting society with rose colored glasses btw.....sociopathic people tend to hang out in groups and feed off weaker individuals....eg: gangs, mafia, cults, fanatical organized religion.........the list goes on and on. Narcissists and sociopaths are very social according to psychological literature. They do anything but isolate themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
The ones that usually do things off-the-wall so to speak, snapping are ones that usually have continuing isolation, and further lessening social skills making them further inept in empathizing and successfully interacting with others.

Last edited by artsyguy; 05-25-2009 at 06:45 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Sometimes people isolate themselves because they don't want non-empathic and rude people to treat them poorly. I think a lot of people would agree with me on that.

You are painting society with rose colored glasses.
Because something happens or is a reactionary defense doesn't make it healthy. Same for viewing anyone that holds a longing stare for too long in the others perception as instantly this or that. It's a reactionary defense to a perceived wrong, imagined or concrete.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:39 PM

I'm failing to understand you. So you should associate with rude and nasty people and not isolate away from them??? Is that what you are saying? Hmmm I'm not sure that is really healthy. Also what is your definition of "isolation"??

I think people in general can live their lives however they wish to live it. If they are isolated or not does not determine whether they are psychos or creepers.

Quote:
Because something happens or is a reactionary defense doesn't make it healthy. Same for viewing anyone that holds a longing stare for too long in the others perception as instantly this or that. It's a reactionary defense to a perceived wrong, imagined or concrete.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I'm failing to understand you. So you should associate with rude and nasty people and not isolate away from them??? Is that what you are saying? Hmmm I'm not sure that is really healthy. Also what is your definition of "isolation"??
No, your saying due to a few in a crowd from how I interpreted it, that you or these people are withdrawing completely from trying to socialize. It's a conundrum sometimes, but the more you believe people will wrong you the more likely it is to happen, or to ultimately perceive it happening. It's a little insensitive probably, but people are so concerned all the time about how they're viewed, you should just enjoy yourself, and let the "little people" slide off of you/them easier. Becoming obsessive about it sure isn't healthy either.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
If they are isolated or not does not determine whether they are psychos or creepers.
Sorry, don't agree. Live it how you want without excuses, but we ARE social creatures.

There's a reason solitary confinement in prison is considered punishment, and even inhumane.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:05 PM

A lot of people are introverted. Let's not pathologize what is normal.

I know of plenty of very social and extroverted individuals that love group interaction whom I would call "paranoid".... if you happen to go into a fundamentalist church you might see that......

Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Sorry, don't agree. Live it how you want without excuses, but we ARE social creatures.

There's a reason solitary confinement in prison is considered punishment, and even inhumane.
Quote:
No, your saying due to a few in a crowd from how I interpreted it, that you or these people are withdrawing completely from trying to socialize. It's a conundrum sometimes, but the more you believe people will wrong you the more likely it is to happen, or to ultimately perceive it happening. It's a little insensitive probably, but people are so concerned all the time about how they're viewed, you should just enjoy yourself, and let the "little people" slide off of you/them easier. Becoming obsessive about it sure isn't healthy either.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
A lot of people are introverted. Let's not pathologize what is normal.

I know of plenty of very social and extroverted individuals that love group interaction whom I would call "paranoid"....

Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't recall classifying what's normal. Actually in our current society passing on little in the way of social skills, events and activities, I'd consider the people you describe as normal.

That doesn't mean they're happier or better off that way. Or will be able to socialize as easily when they actually wish to.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Actually, I think Bardem's attractive IRL (without that weird hairdo he wore in No Country), and I find his modesty, humor, and self-depreciation very refreshing:

"Oscar winner JAVIER BARDEM has denounced his newfound status as a sex symbol - insisting people only find him attractive because he is a movie star. The No Country For Old Men actor - who is rumored to be dating Spanish beauty Penelope Cruz - is convinced he is very ordinary-looking and would not be considered so handsome if he had a more mundane job. He says, "Would I be a sex symbol if I was working in a bar? No. It's because you work in movies that people want to find something special, but if you work in an office you won't be a sex symbol at all. If Brad Pitt works in an office he would be a sex symbol, no matter what. If he was a plumber, he'd be a sexy plumber."

Hollywood could use a few more down-to-earth guys like him.

Bardem

Those bedroom eyes will do alright without belonging to an actor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships