Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
Fractured man: yep.... I have done combat service, for 11 years, been wounded three times and have been given medals for my efforts. I am not sh**scared of anyone... I know how to deal with any agressor/smarta**. I just know when to apply anger and it is measured. Serving in an elite combat unit teaches one how to measure oneself. Being a streetsmart badass doesnt make you a hero, at least, not to those law abiding citizens who you just feel you have to be a hero about and beat the sh** out of them because you are stronger. Again, I repeat excessive force. Protecting women and children from agression is a civil duty. Being on the hunt for them sounds like you have lost a sandwich in your picnic basket, especially with a gang of thugs who think that this is fun.
Your arguement about not going to serve somewhere where your agression could be tamed and you could learn to control your anger to protect others, (- yes,.... controlled anger/agression and violence is what protects others,) is pretty weak and actually pathetic.
I have known so many "tough guys" on the street who would pee their pants in a real fight. You just show immaturity, especially bragging about what a tough guy you are. get a life, punch a bag, kick a tree, but learn to control your immature aggression. You will be a better citizen for it. People admire others who have respect and consideration for the feelings of others.
Have you ever thought of the trauma you could cause to a child who watches you, the saviour, beating up his dad......????
Good luck and I wish you a healthy, long, and non agressive life......learn how to deal with your pent up agression.... all I see is a someone with a chip on his shoulder coz he thinks he's tough and his world revolves around a fight. Get yourself a pair of gloves and go professional if you think you have the skills or the guts.

Your right..I do have alot of agression...My Father was a beater...He beat my mom and beat my brothers and I...When we would stand up to him...he would take it out on the one(s) that didnt.

My mom finally got away from him after he went to prison... When I was 8 I preyed everyday someone would stop my Father...I didnt care how. I recently found out he has cancer...and wanted to talk to my brothers and I...at first I hesitated...but I warmed up to the fact and wanted to show him that he didnt win.

I would love to go fight for this country....if it was a just war...so far...none of the wars have been justifiable...100%...yes there is some reason to go but there are others that we should not have.

yes, my friends and I go on the hunt as we are having a good time...we dont really search high and low for it but when we see it we act...there are limits to what we interfere in as well...a guy who shoves a woman...we watch and see what he does next...alot of times we see the woman hitting the guy back...and we laugh...because instead of walk away he takes it...

I do not go looking for a heros welcome. I never claimed to be a street smart bad a$$...I train...like I said I only fight for self defence...I never throw the first puch...I would rather harass the guy and allow the victim to get away while I am harassing the abuser...most of the time this works...but sadly some guys want to get physical...i let them...

I use word before violence...They may not be nice words or they may be words to annoy but that depends if the initial, "Please don't that again, I would hate to see something bad happen to someone."

Or I ask the victim if they would like to join me and my friends...if they tell me off or to go away...We do just that...if we get into a confruntation with someone and the victim says to stop we do...but only as long as the abuser stops....if he continues to attack us...then we as well continue. If they goes near the victim again we stay close...

Most of the time the victim joins us, leaves while we distract the abuser, or the abuser gets the message and stops.

Yes there are times where things get violent...but we dont start it and we dont finish it. We leave that up to the abuser...

I have even challanged these bullies in the ring...I know a place in town that is always open and they have an octogone...and a boxing ring...only two guys have done this...and we educate them with gloves, and the moral issue of preying on weaker people. One of them I stay in contact with and any time he screws up...he calls me and tells me...I seriously think that there is something wrong with him...but I am trying.

So, I am not some dumb jock...looking for blood, filling a hero complex, or out for fame. I am an American Male, looking to set things right the way I know how and with what resources are available to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Your right..I do have alot of agression...My Father was a beater...He beat my mom and beat my brothers and I...When we would stand up to him...he would take it out on the one(s) that didnt.

My mom finally got away from him after he went to prison... When I was 8 I preyed everyday someone would stop my Father...I didnt care how. I recently found out he has cancer...and wanted to talk to my brothers and I...at first I hesitated...but I warmed up to the fact and wanted to show him that he didnt win.

I would love to go fight for this country....if it was a just war...so far...none of the wars have been justifiable...100%...yes there is some reason to go but there are others that we should not have.

yes, my friends and I go on the hunt as we are having a good time...we dont really search high and low for it but when we see it we act...there are limits to what we interfere in as well...a guy who shoves a woman...we watch and see what he does next...alot of times we see the woman hitting the guy back...and we laugh...because instead of walk away he takes it...

I do not go looking for a heros welcome. I never claimed to be a street smart bad a$$...I train...like I said I only fight for self defence...I never throw the first puch...I would rather harass the guy and allow the victim to get away while I am harassing the abuser...most of the time this works...but sadly some guys want to get physical...i let them...

I use word before violence...They may not be nice words or they may be words to annoy but that depends if the initial, "Please don't that again, I would hate to see something bad happen to someone."

Or I ask the victim if they would like to join me and my friends...if they tell me off or to go away...We do just that...if we get into a confruntation with someone and the victim says to stop we do...but only as long as the abuser stops....if he continues to attack us...then we as well continue. If they goes near the victim again we stay close...

Most of the time the victim joins us, leaves while we distract the abuser, or the abuser gets the message and stops.

Yes there are times where things get violent...but we dont start it and we dont finish it. We leave that up to the abuser...

I have even challanged these bullies in the ring...I know a place in town that is always open and they have an octogone...and a boxing ring...only two guys have done this...and we educate them with gloves, and the moral issue of preying on weaker people. One of them I stay in contact with and any time he screws up...he calls me and tells me...I seriously think that there is something wrong with him...but I am trying.

So, I am not some dumb jock...looking for blood, filling a hero complex, or out for fame. I am an American Male, looking to set things right the way I know how and with what resources are available to me.
Very well stated....sounds like a bit of vigilante in you...i'm impressed

Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
oh, and northside...Its our fault that those butt hole gang members got that way...we let them gain the fear factor...we need it back. He who hold the fear holds the power. One man cannot do this very well but if many joined and didnt have to state of mind that says its not my job to make this world a better place.

My group that I hang with are starting to get this fear factor...every time we go out..more and more join us...by all classifications we are a gang...but we do not commit crimes...we do not extort, traffic, or rob anyone. We dont use force unless it is defense.

We are in fact a MC club (motorcycle club) the best part is innocent people do not hate or fear us...only those that commit crimes do. The police know of us and let us be.
We could use your crew in Jacksonville on the North and NW side.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:22 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
Quote:

Wow. Now I understand a lot better. Fracturedman I'm sure you have heard this, but it is true. For every 100 men you can beat it only takes one to get the best of you. I have seen the mildest and meekest of men take out men 3X their size. In today's world place a gun in ANYONE'S hand and you can get taken out BY ANYONE!! I get that your heart might be in the right place, but you have a much more powerful tool to help you. Your brain. Knowing when to strike and when not to are just as important as having the skill and power behind your punch.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 AM

438 posts, read 1,352,469 times
"""So, I am not some dumb jock...looking for blood, filling a hero complex, or out for fame. I am an American Male, looking to set things right the way I know how and with what resources are available to me."""

Get all of your gang together and see if you can get discounts on a couple or three superman/ batman/ spiderman suit on your way to the therapist so that your gang can have an identity.
The fact that you declare your fathers beatings during your childhood appears to be manifesting itself in your current behavior and pent-up aggression.

As for your comment that the "police let us be".....hmmmm.... that's interesting. You have previously stated you have a record for aggression/violence. I am sure you have their attention.
I guess you will be a proud father one day, and that is a great example that you will give to your kids....yeah....every kid would only prefer to hear his father, - who worships you for being such a good dad / buddy / provider and example to him, - had a parking ticket/speeding fine or something normal like that.
I just see your attitude as immature, and claiming its your constitutional right is incorrect.
Your constitutional right is to defend the laws of the country as well.
That does not mean you cannot interfere in any wrongdoing if you consider it could cause harm to life or property. It also allows other citizens protection from the likes of you who patrols the streets just eager to be the one who resolves their problems.
If you want to be a public defender and protect the underdog.., get a law degree and do, - ad honorem, - something good for those who could use;- (more than your fists) - your brain to resolve their issues.
If you need an adrenaline rush, go hang-gliding, base - jumping, whitewater rafting/kayaking on the Yang Tse River, bungee jumping or skydiving. That way no-one else gets hurt and you can really see how tough you are, but getting the rush you so obviously need.
I would also consider revising the medication you declare that your are taking. Maybe that could be the cause and you should consider something different.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
"""So, I am not some dumb jock...looking for blood, filling a hero complex, or out for fame. I am an American Male, looking to set things right the way I know how and with what resources are available to me."""

Get all of your gang together and see if you can get discounts on a couple or three superman/ batman/ spiderman suit on your way to the therapist so that your gang can have an identity.
The fact that you declare your fathers beatings during your childhood appears to be manifesting itself in your current behavior and pent-up aggression.

As for your comment that the "police let us be".....hmmmm.... that's interesting. You have previously stated you have a record for aggression/violence. I am sure you have their attention.
I guess you will be a proud father one day, and that is a great example that you will give to your kids....yeah....every kid would only prefer to hear his father, - who worships you for being such a good dad / buddy / provider and example to him, - had a parking ticket/speeding fine or something normal like that.
I just see your attitude as immature, and claiming its your constitutional right is incorrect.
Your constitutional right is to defend the laws of the country as well.
That does not mean you cannot interfere in any wrongdoing if you consider it could cause harm to life or property. It also allows other citizens protection from the likes of you who patrols the streets just eager to be the one who resolves their problems.
If you want to be a public defender and protect the underdog.., get a law degree and do, - ad honorem, - something good for those who could use;- (more than your fists) - your brain to resolve their issues.
If you need an adrenaline rush, go hang-gliding, base - jumping, whitewater rafting/kayaking on the Yang Tse River, bungee jumping or skydiving. That way no-one else gets hurt and you can really see how tough you are, but getting the rush you so obviously need.
I would also consider revising the medication you declare that your are taking. Maybe that could be the cause and you should consider something different.
I do have outlets for my adrenaline, they do not include fighting. I only have a record from when I was acting alone years ago, if a guy so much as spoke to a girl wrong it was on...that was dumb. Now, I use my head in these situaltion. I use words before violence.

The guys in my group are normal everyday citizens looking to make a difference...two Marines, one Army, 1 Firefighter, 1 EMT, 3 Factory workers, and a mix of other job types. Everyone has jobs and has no record besides me. Sorry but I am not ashamed of my record. Most of the incidents The guy was beating up a woman or a child..sorry, but that doesnt fly, I dont care if you are the president yourself...it wont continue.

What I am trying to do is make it know the Abuse will not be tolerated anymore, I think that any guy that hits a woman or child has nothing between his legs. If your a man and need to hit something...try to hit me or one of my friends.

If more people would take a stand against Abuse, there would be no need for my group, but sadly, people think that it is none of their business and should stay out of it. My group agrees that if we see a crime in progress that we will stop it. But, in our area, these other crimes are not common, but stupid guys who beat kids and women are pretty common.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:00 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
What kind of shady people do you hang out with that encountering men abusing women is a common occurrence?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What kind of shady people do you hang out with that encountering men abusing women is a common occurrence?
Its not who or where I hang out...its where I live. This all started when a few friends and I wanted to go have a drink at our local bar. little did we know that night would change everything. We all have everyday lives, but on the weekends we decided that we would make it a tradition to go have that drink at various bars. We dont actually pick them at random all the time. We know what bars have problems. We know what bars the police wont bother going to.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
So you're basically a vigilante group that goes out looking for trouble. Awesome. I'm with DBCC on this. Get your thrills some other way.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
I just found out that my niece (age 20) is being abused by her boyfriend. Well, she just says he has pushed her, no hitting or anything that has caused bruises or injury, but it's happened several times. Her father was abusive to her mother and she knows that my ex-husband was abusive to me and I think a lot of young women her age are involved with abusive boyfriends. What I'm trying to say is that I think she thinks it's "normal" for a man to abuse a woman. She even told me that she doesn't think shoving is abuse and that he was very apologetic afterward. The thing that really frightens me for some reason is that she said he hadn't been drinking when these incidents occurred. He just lost his temper. Then she told me that it doesn't happen often.

I hate to see her being sucked into this trap. She is a very attractive and talented young woman. She's very into photography and recently had a gallery express interest in showing some of her work. She has a good future ahead of her and I hate to see her going down such a treacherous path. I was hoping to find out what other men think about men who abuse women so I could pass along to her how other men view this type of behaviour.
Any man that hits a female is no man at all, period

Also to quote Fracturedman

Quote:
I think that any guy that hits a woman or child has nothing between his legs.
One of the best statements to sum up my feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships