Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM

232 posts, read 594,208 times

Advertisements

And I'm sick and tired of women being so flabbergasted and insulted when I say it.

I HATE dating.

ALL GUYS HATE DATING.

I know women love it; I know you ladies enjoy the free meals and entertainment.

But do you have ANY IDEA what it's like work 15 EXTRA hours a week (so you don't cut into your living expenses, lest you don't mind plunging into debt with a credit card) in order to be able to afford a half-decent date with a girl you just met?

Do you have ANY IDEA what it's like to work hard for all that time (time you could have been spending on studying, with your friends, or using that money to make a dent in your student loans) to try to please a girl?

And do you have ANY IDEA what it's like when all that hard work, time, money and energy doesn't even produce a second date or even a friendly "just friends" relationship with this girl?

Do you have ANY IDEA what that's like?

Why do I have to take a girl to the movies or the theater or a 5-star restaurant to bond and grow close to her? I've never taken my guy friends to the movies, theater or a fancy restaurant and we're extremely well-bonded.

This is what I'm against. This is why I'm against "wining and dining."

Why can't I meet up with a girl over coffee? Or take a walk downtown in the city-center? Or see a free, live performance? Why can't we just sit around and do nothing all day but talk and joke around?

I don't mind spending some personal time getting to know a girl.

But why do I have to take time off from friends and school to work longer and pay money for the possibility (THE POSSIBILITY) of bonding with someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Why can't I meet up with a girl over coffee? Or take a walk downtown in the city-center? Or see a free, live performance? Why can't we just sit around and do nothing all day but talk and joke around?
Of course you can.

Who says that you have to "date beyond your means"?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
I agree.

I wish that the money spent on first dates was back in my bank account right now.

It would be a few thousand higher than its current position

Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
I know plenty of women who also hate dating. They wish there was a way just to get to know each other without all that stuff.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 PM

179 posts, read 610,918 times
I'm going to be honest with you here and I'm saying this with your best interest in mind.

I think that your mindset and outlook plays a HUGE part of your "girl situation" right now.

You just come across as an immature whiner in most of your threads.

"You want, you want, you want" is all we've been hearing. Have you ever thought that maybe you're coming across as self-centered to all the women you meet?

I'm going to lay it to you straight and clear: it doesn't matter if you take a girl to the most expensive restaurant within a 100 mile radius or if you have a picnic in a park. If she likes you, then she LIKES you. A nice restaurant and etc. usually shows the girl that you are a.) okay financially and b.) want to treat her. You can simply not blame a girl for wanting a guy who is good money wise because most people want that from another person (now a girl using a guy for money or solely basing her attraction to him on his bank account is a completely different story) and I think everyone likes being a little spoiled here and there because come on, who doesn't like feeling special?

The point I'm trying to make is stop blaming girls for your situation. You control your actions.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
dear friend
i respectfully disagree.
nothing is free.
dating is much much better than marriage.
the price of good will is not renegotiated every month.
in dating she is happy if it is as good as last time.
all women get tired of you eventually.
but in dating that does not result in a visit from an attorney.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,719 times
Dates don't have to be expensive. In fact, some of the most fun ones aren't. Try a minor league sporting event, a hike and lunch, visiting a museum or art gallery, and so forth. The purpose is to spend time together, or better yet, do something fun together. A nice dinner is certainly a good date sometimes, but I think people are stuck on it as the only option. Frankly, its kind of boring after a while.

Oh and some girls these days insist on paying their way, or, alternatively, insist on taking the guy out sometimes too.

Finally, dating should be fun. You should enjoy what you are doing with the girl, and enjoy meeting a new person, even if nothing develops from it. Plus, if you were less sour, you might find more girls interested in being a friend, even if they decide romance isn't in the cards. If dating isn't fun, you need to take a break from it. Enjoy being single for a while. There's NOTHING wrong with that. I spend a whole lot of time enjoying being single. It can help to step back and "refresh" yourself from the dating world.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:02 PM

232 posts, read 594,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmordean View Post

Oh and some girls these days insist on paying their way, or, alternatively, insist on taking the guy out sometimes too.
Exactly; some (NOT MOST)

Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
But why do I have to take time off from friends and school to work longer and pay money for the possibility (THE POSSIBILITY) of bonding with someone?
You don't. You should never spend money you don't have, and you can have a great date spending very little. Get creative. And listen to what the others are saying here bucko. You have a suck*ss attitude and I guarantee that is coming through LOUD AND CLEAR to the women you are trying to meet.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dear friend
i respectfully disagree.
nothing is free.
dating is much much better than marriage.
the price of good will is not renegotiated every month.
in dating she is happy if it is as good as last time.
all women get tired of you eventually.
but in dating that does not result in a visit from an attorney.
All women get tired eventually? What about marriages that have lasted? Even if people (women included) get tired "eventually" or at some points within the marriage, it doesn't mean they want to lose you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships