Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM

458 posts, read 1,354,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Ladies how many of you are like that?

I know there are plenty of arrogant women out there that think any guy that says hi wants them. That is not the case ladies.

A nice guy like me will say hi to anyone and it means just that-"hi".

"Hi"

Ron
Really? Damn I need to rewrite the book LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 07:25 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,175,459 times
Stac,

I'll say it even though it may cause all hell break loose, a lot of women are just to darn arrogant. They don't realize how they are turing people off from them.

Many have an elussion about relationships anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I think that for many women they really are cold *******. As a young man I would quickly learn to distinguish between a woman who deserved to be by her self and a nice warm hearted lady. It helped me well when I met my wife a later on.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:55 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,851,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I feel you and as I female I've experienced things like that from men as well.

For instance, I like to go to local neighborhood bars to have a few drinks at times. Just because I'm sitting there holding a cordial conversation with a guy, he seems to think he has dibbs on getting my phone number or possibly leaving the bar with me. No, a friendly conversation is just THAT. A friendly conversation. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah. What woman wants to have sex with a guy who is talking listening to them all the time. Save them for when you need someone to unload on when your next real relationship craters.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,851,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I recall years ago while driving to see my wife to be there were two women trying to flag me down because their car broke down. I pulled over and helped them out. It was a cold night, about 20 degree outside and wouldn't leave them alone. I pushed their car off the road and they climbed into my pickup. I asked them where they lived and before they told me they said to me were both married and not single. I was pretty surprised since I was just doing a good deed. When I drove up to their house they ran like a bat out of hell out of my truck like I was a rapist and never said thank you. All the time I was in the car with them I never said a word.
I suspect that if you were a stud, quite likely, they would have said they needed a hotel room - married or not.

The same thing with "pleasantries". You can tell who the 10% of men they are after. For the rest of us, a pleasant salutation usually gets a grunt or growl as a response, at best. Married women do develop manners but this may be because the tables are turned once the get hitched and they now crave something positive in their life.

Just one of those things that makes life interesting and also makes you realize that you can end up luckier than you think.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM

390 posts, read 904,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
This thread is going to really confuse guys like samston and Cyanosphere...

ROFLMAO...good one

Old 05-30-2009, 02:28 PM

390 posts, read 904,741 times
Quote:
Stac,

I'll say it even though it may cause all hell break loose, a lot of women are just to darn arrogant. They don't realize how they are turing people off from them.

Many have an elussion about relationships anyway.

Ouch!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,576,722 times
Default sorry to say...

Quote:
Ladies how many of you are like that?

I know there are plenty of arrogant women out there that think any guy that says hi wants them. That is not the case ladies.

A nice guy like me will say hi to anyone and it means just that-"hi".

"Hi"

Ron
I have to disagree with this in relation to most men (I'm guess-timating 99% of men). From personal experience, they do WANT and are attractive any woman they're speaking to (excluding female relatives) and this cuts across all racial, ethnic, social, and economic lines and regardless of whether the man is married, engaged, dating, or single. It even includes most man religious men. Maybe he knows he can't have the woman but speaking is his way of a least making a "connection" however tenuous it is. A man's eyes are what gives him away and of course men don't recognize it. It's not just a simple hi or hello but your eyes are shining with a glaze that reads "desire". IMO, Men do not speak to a woman just to gain a platonic friend.

Men also do not speak to a woman if he doesn't find her attractive unless He HAS to. Example: he works in customer service so he's forced to speak to all females regardless of whether he finds them attractive, of course he speaks to a female relative, and a woman he's not attractive to but she works in the same office as he does so he speaks to her. Otherwise he would seem rude and not a teamplayer. Also, he's speak to a woman he's not attractive but because she is inadvertently blocking his path so he speaks in order to pass by while displaying common courtesy. Of course, I understand that most men will disagree with me but I've found most men are in denial about their alterior motives when it comes to women. Ask your wife or SO if they've noticed which women (non-related) you speak to, saying hi or hello, when out in public. I bet she'll agree that she's noticed you walk right pass the ones who aren't attractive but you ALWAYS manage to speak to (may I go ahead and add and STARE AT) the attractive women whenever you get the chance.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:19 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,854,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I suspect that if you were a stud, quite likely, they would have said they needed a hotel room - married or not.

The same thing with "pleasantries". You can tell who the 10% of men they are after. For the rest of us, a pleasant salutation usually gets a grunt or growl as a response, at best. Married women do develop manners but this may be because the tables are turned once the get hitched and they now crave something positive in their life.

Just one of those things that makes life interesting and also makes you realize that you can end up luckier than you think.
I slept with a few married woman in my youth and you are right. They do crave what they missing by not dating. At that point I was very happy to be in a relatonship with my wife to be. Still a nice thank you would have been fine. If they offered me money I wouldn't have taken it.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,576,722 times
Default Well I agree with your points

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

I have to agree. If the man was to use your expression a "stud" or wealthy and the women he was speaking to knew this -- this man would be pleasantly greeted in response by 99% of women he encountered. I'm not saying this a good thing, it isn't. But many men and women know this is true. I also think you're on to something there about married women being more receptive to hello from other men. Something about being married makes them either more free to enjoy lite flirtation with other men or the monotony of married life causes them to be more receptive.

To answer on behalf of the rest of us whom you say only grunt and groan to a friendly hello from a man it's because women are on to why men are speaking. A genuine hello out of pure friendliness with no strings will illicit the same in return for the most part. But a genuine hello from a man toward a strange woman is as rare as an albino alligator. Women (females which includes teen girls) already know this. Because we experience this from young teen years all the way through 20's, 30's, and possibly beyond for some women. Even when I was a 12, 13 yr old teen, teen boys and adult men (married and single) were speaking to me with the friendly smile and glazed eyes and even though I knew nothing about sex or relationships my instincts alerted me not to open up to them or respond in return. Later, I was glad I followed my gut instinct because I learned about the double standard. Girls and women who are receptive to a strange men speaking to them are universally looked at and perceived by males to be an easy lay, loose, open & inviting to male's sexual advances regardless of how old she is 12 or 32. Side note - once a woman passes age 30's then if she's friendly towards strange men's hello she's considered DESPERATE but that's double-standards for you.

Men aren't held to this standard; they speak to whomever they want, when they want, and their character or morality is never questioned. Most men are not even aware within themselves that their greeting is an ulterior motive to get something or least to acknowlege something (I find you attractive, I'd like to get to know you better, I'd love to have sex with you, I'm married/engaged but I had to at least speak to you simply because you're so HOT). When you get alone and have self-reflection to be really be honest with yourself you'll be surprised by what you discover about yourself. Most people are very selfish by nature and behave primarily in accordance to their own self-interest (not just men but women too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships