Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,291 times

Advertisements

My guy and I go shopping together almost every time and we pick out what we need as a team. Plus, if one of us wants something expenesive or very unhealthy the other can say "no" and we listen to each other, lol. It works for us. Of course, sometimes one of us will sneak something in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,336 times
We don't grocery shop often, but when we do we usually go to the store for a few things and wind up with our arms full and have to get a basket or cart and wind up buying more food than we intended. But since we don't shop for food that often it usually doesn't hurt to get more food either.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puru View Post
We don't grocery shop often, but when we do we usually go to the store for a few things and wind up with our arms full and have to get a basket or cart and wind up buying more food than we intended. But since we don't shop for food that often it usually doesn't hurt to get more food either.
Do you usually eat out or something?

Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,832 times
We shop together, as needed; I like to make notes of items that have been depleted and need to be replaced, and he is apt to take said list and toss it, LOL. We have different styles of shopping, but somehow make it work together, and make it fun, as well. I do enjoy our grocery shopping expeditions and choosing what we'll have for meals, snacks, etc. that week. I also enjoy shopping the sales, while he will choose a brand name more often than not. I think we balance each other out, that way.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:11 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Hubby is not allowed to go shopping with me! And he's very grateful that I put my foot down about it.

If he goes with me, it get a lot more expensive. He thinks we can live on meat and cookies.

And if he does go with me, he hurries thru the isle, stands at the end and stares at me until I get what I need.

I think I've seen him make old ladies cry because they wouldn't get out of his way.

It's just better for everyone involved that I do this alone. Usually on Saturday morning before everyone else gets up.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
Do you usually eat out or something?
No, I'm just doing the poor college student thing and either grab something cheap on the way to work or class or eat cheap, easy to make things like ramen, pasta, instant mashed potatoes. Up until recently I lived with my mother who still did most of the grocery shopping. I haven't been out to eat in a very long time and when I do go out to eat its always at a quiet, reasonably priced diner or something.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:48 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
My wife and I shop together and use the same cart.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,008 times
My wife and I go once every 6 weeks or so to Sam's club where we fill up one cart (sometimes 2 if there is an upcoming holiday). I then load the car, drive home, unload the car with the help of the kids, and the last 3 times had to put the foof away because my wife was ot feeling up to putting the food away. We mostly stick to our budget, but if I really want something, I put it in the cart.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,324 times
Grocery shopping is our time together. When I was younger, my dad used to take me shopping and we'd be there for two hours just talking, philosophizing, and catching up. I missed that when I moved out on my own.

Now whenever I'm feeling down, DH takes me to a really nice, fancy grocery store (like a Harris Teeter with huge pastry and cheese/olive sections), and we'll talk and graze on samples and look at all the fancy ingredients and just relax. Sometime's we'll be in there an hour and not buy a thing. We go grocery shopping together about once every two weeks, and then to pick up random little things.

He never has much input, and he's bad about sticking to the budget, but we've worked out a system. I wouldn't trade that little bit of time with him for the world.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Oh, God, I just had this annoying couple shopping around me in a fairly small store. Both of them and their card constantly in my way, combined with him straying aside and coming back, too. Grocery shopping with other people should be banned! Don't even get me started on those ginormous disgusting cards designed to haul around half a dozen of kids and taking the whole isle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships