Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times

Advertisements

You know, I just noticed the title of the thread again - "should I be upset?" What does that even mean?! You're either upset or you're not. You don't wait for somebody to tell you whether to be upset or not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 08:25 PM

65 posts, read 171,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
After he realized how upset you were that he didn't get you one initially?

You must have told him you were expecting one and it upset you greatly that he didn't meet your expectations.

But he knew you were expecting something? Now, he is "guilted" into buying you something, anything to appease the "hurt".

No. I do have a suggestion; Give him some really good sex.
I swear that I didn't show any upset or disappointment...I was a bit disappointed in my heart but I know it is no big deal...

we haven't had sex yet as I told him that I am not ready

Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 AM

1,776 posts, read 3,999,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, I just noticed the title of the thread again - "should I be upset?" What does that even mean?! You're either upset or you're not. You don't wait for somebody to tell you whether to be upset or not!
Ha- great observation!

I think some people rely too much on TV, movies, and MTV to dictate their feelings.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
I think she is asking if she has the right to be upset. Which is still an odd question with no real answer.

One month anniversary? Geezus, high maintenance much?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,568,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaha View Post

OH..i am 25...
Quote:
this is my first official boyfriend...before this I only dated some guys, but they were not my boyfriends...I dated a guy for 4 months..that was the longest time..

I'm 25 myself and it has been 2 MONTHS since I've met my first boyfriend. Did I get upset and asked a bunch of strangers "should I be upset" because he didn't give me any freakn' gifts to "celebrate" 30 DAYS of being together?

NO.

You should of been grateful that he took you out to eat insteadof crying that he forgot to commerorate your 30th day anniversary! Why an anniversary? YOU'RE NOT MARRIED TO HIM!

I'm beginning to wonder of the guy's maturity myself to hook up with a grown woman with a brain of a teenager!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 AM

881 posts, read 2,249,294 times
Quote:
we haven't had sex yet as I told him that I am not ready
Quote:
I don't really like cooking...
and you expect this guy to buy you gifts and celebrate every month? poor dude

Old 06-01-2009, 09:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,453,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
and you expect this guy to buy you gifts and celebrate every month? poor dude
Makes me wonder who wears the PANTIES in this relationship!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,716,263 times
Here I thought you meant a serious anniversary (like marriage), but the OP means a one month anniversary? Seriously? I think you're overreacting. He took you out to dinner, didn't he? Personally, I think it's sad that someone actually expects gifts, especially after a month!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
You should of been grateful that he took you out to eat
He was probably "guilted" into doing it.

If not, then it must have been a coincidence, because we all know that most normal guys would not be thinking about celebrating a 1 month anniversary, especially with no sex coming his way.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
this is my first official boyfriend...before this I only dated some guys, but they were not my boyfriends...I dated a guy for 4 months..that was the longest time..
That's probably pretty common and maybe why some people mark their relationships off in months instead of years.

I've never really heard of celebrating the anniversary of dating -- I thought it was more about marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships