Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:43 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here had a fellow blogger stalk them on here?
I have a blogger who follows me into rooms and has to make comments on my posts. It is getting so silly that i now post in different threads and wait to see if i'm followed in there. It's like having a bad smell follow you around. I thought that maybe if i just ignore him he would stop. I even told him to stop. He unfortunately is too arrogant to stop. I am a straight guy so i don't think it's sexual...but who can tell in this day and age.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
No. You know there are mods for this very reason.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
The mods helped me. It did take a while. This guy keep opening different accounts and putting my name address and phone number out there. All of the posts also had VERY big lies about me. That was a real problem.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
I'm not really into contacting mods unless it becomes a big problem. At the moment it is just a nuisance as i know he will follow me into threads and try to push my buttons with posts about my posts. I'm not harrased by him but i'm sure there are people who would even stop using this site because of these kinds of idiots. I am at present just ignoring him and maybe he'll get the message. I would hate to think of others getting harrased on here, that isn't why we come on here. It shouldn't get personal to the point of outright stalking and provoking...pity.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:18 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The mods helped me. It did take a while. This guy keep opening different accounts and putting my name address and phone number out there. All of the posts also had VERY big lies about me. That was a real problem.
You can get the law involved; libel, harassment, intentional infliction of emotional distress are just 3 options. I'm sure an attorney can advise you further.

How did this person get your info?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
You can get the law involved; libel, harassment, intentional infliction of emotional distress are just 3 options. I'm sure an attorney can advise you further.

How did this person get your info?
My fault. In my photos on my profile I have pictures of my drilling equipment. On that is my name and phone number.

This guy left Michigan because of a failing drilling business. Hubby and his two friends are waiting for him to come back.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
My fault. In my photos on my profile I have pictures of my drilling equipment. On that is my name and phone number.

This guy left Michigan because of a failing drilling business. Hubby and his two friends are waiting for him to come back.
I'd seriously document everything he has done, take screenshots of his posts and save any and all communication. If it doesn't stop soon, I'd pursue it legally. Has he made any threats? Do you know what started it?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'd seriously document everything he has done, take screenshots of his posts and save any and all communication. If it doesn't stop soon, I'd pursue it legally. Has he made any threats? Do you know what started it?
It is over now. The mods did a great job. No threats. Just posted a lot of junk. Hubby passed out money around his home town. If he comes back to the state we will know.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
It is over now. The mods did a great job. No threats. Just posted a lot of junk. Hubby passed out money around his home town. If he comes back to the state we will know.
Thank goodness. You never know with those types.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:47 PM

650 posts, read 2,179,271 times
My SIL googled my username and then stalked me. I used passive aggressive tactics until she finally gave up. I think it's both rude and annoying. You would think that adults have better things to do with their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships