Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Funny.

As a younger guy, I perfer a older woman. Though, a lot of guys tell me that will change once I'll get past 30. We'll see.
Awwww...SilkCity, you're my kind of guy! lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
I'd take one in their 20s. Not doubt about it. Youthful, hot, not old and bitter and full of man hate? Yep. That's for me
Soooo....do you think that all women in their 20's are not man-haters and that all women 30+ are bitter man-haters? So I guess there are no bitter man-haters who are in their 20's just by virtue of their age, and everyone 30+ is a bitter man-hater than...

Yeah, ok...whatever. And for the record, I'm NOT in my 20's, and I LOVE men....love, love, love them. Not bitter at all. Much less defensive and flaky than I was in my 20's. So there! lol...

Old 06-02-2009, 08:07 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The thing is, many men in their 50s these day are in GREAT shape. They work out, eat right, dye their hair and may get a little plastic surgery. They don't LOOK like what has normally been the typical 50 year old. If you add that plus the fact that many have plenty of money to spoil these women, why WOULDN'T the women date them?
They are still old men, no matter how much you polish them up. It's just not the same as being with a peer. A lot of people just aren't that discriminating anymore.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
No not much younger, but physically I tend to be attracted to 19-25.
personality wise 40-60 I'm 30.

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
So many divorced men I know who are in their 40s and 50s are advertising for women about 30 in the personal ads and looking for them in clubs etc. A guy in the office is about 50 and he will not look at a woman over 35. For some strange reason they are getting dates with these "young chicks" as they called them.

I wonder about the logic of these relationships. I remember when I was in my 20s and 30s I thought men over 40 were ancient. I thought they were fuddy duddies. I would not have even considered dating a man that age. The men I know looking for a young chick for love tell me they look 35 not fifty and feel great. (They look 50). They insist they have lots in common and can talk all night. I struggle understanding people 20 years younger than me.

I do not see many 50 year old women in the office who are looking for love looking to date a 30 year old man.

Yes, I know it makes some of them feel young. It would make me feel old dating someone so much younger. How about you?
I prefer women more my own age (39) +/- 7-8 years or so...really depends on the individual though. I couldn't date a gal <30 mainly for the whole kid issue as I am done having them...but if she had a 10 year old and was 28 then something like that could work.

I don't want to be 60 with some 43 yo wife that no longer finds me attractive as I've aged or our lifestyles are incompatible etc. I'm also able to avoid the gold diggers this way...I'm fairly fit and make a good living...I could go out and sugar daddy hooters waitresses if I wanted but frankly I find the thought of that rather nasty. (where is the puking emoticon when you need it?)

It's wierd, my gf has some MUCH younger (early 20's) friends that are VERY good looking and I just don't find them attractive in that way. Show me a well kept gal in her 30's-40's and it's ALL good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
My favorite is the woman that puts "I'm not looking for a father" or the like in their profile. Do they think guys go, "Oh well, that changes things! Now I don't care about the kids..It's on!"? That one usually gets an OMG-face from me when I've done the online dating thing.
Now why would that crack you up? Not that I would say that in a profile, but my son has a father, so the truth is I'm not looking for a father for him either, nor a meal ticket. I'm not trying to find someone to step in and take over any of that role or anything that it might entail. That's all pretty well covered, and mostly by me, thank you very much. I want someone who wants to be with me for me, despite the fact that I have a son.

Unfortunately, I chose someone who was wrong for me. I can't change or undo that. However, I totally understand that it is not for everyone, and am not insulted by the fact that there are men who wouldn't be interested because I have a son. It's gonna take someone special to see beyond the "single mother" thing and see me for who I am as a person. If it happens, it happens; I figure God has a plan, whatever that may be. But if someone who is open-minded enough does happen along, I think he'd find I may even have more to offer than most, not despite my situation, but because of it....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Old 06-02-2009, 08:26 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The thing is, many men in their 50s these day are in GREAT shape. They work out, eat right, dye their hair and may get a little plastic surgery. They don't LOOK like what has normally been the typical 50 year old. If you add that plus the fact that many have plenty of money to spoil these women, why WOULDN'T the women date them?

On the other hand, if you're looking for a life partner, you don't want someone who's going to die much sooner than you would, at least I don't.
i so wish other women thought like you so practical so rational so kind to old guys but they clearly clearly do not share your values.
#1 quality desired in a man, young young young and hot,
nearer the cradle the better. did i mention women likem young. the only women that will make a post like yours on CDF is a happily married woman bek smarts pay off don't they.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
Physical age doesn't really matter. I'm actually flabbergasted when I see the 30 something MILFS of today, they look so old fashioned to me, I remember my mum in her thirties was still a late teenager, sampling lovers (she was very good-looking) , smoking pot, with not a penny in her pocket , living the hippy/gipsy life of the late Sixties...the "young" women of today seem old by comparison (and their haircut...so conservative OMG...lots of them look like spinsters!)

Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
My favorite is the woman that puts "I'm not looking for a father" or the like in their profile. Do they think guys go, "Oh well, that changes things! Now I don't care about the kids..It's on!"? That one usually gets an OMG-face from me when I've done the online dating thing.
I can understand why a single parent would feel the need to make a statement like this, but you really shouldn't have to. If a guy sees your profile, sees that you have kids, and automatically assumes you're looking for father for your child, then you're better off without him. Anyone reading your profile who's worth your time should be giving you the benefit of the doubt. You shouldn't feel the need to explain what you're not looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXclimberX View Post
Lets be honest here, as a woman gets older she has to make more concessions to a man. After the age of 35 a womans options diminish significantly.

A man in his 30s and early 40s has alot more power, sexual appeal, and options then a woman in her 30s.
A woman doesn't HAVE to make any concessions. She can CHOOSE to. As for a man in his 30s or early 40s having more sexual appeal, that's laughable. Have you seen the average man in this age group? Just like the general population, most are overweight or obese. Hardly what I'd call sexy.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:47 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Now why would that crack you up? Not that I would say that in a profile, but my son has a father, so the truth is I'm not looking for a father for him either, nor a meal ticket. I'm not trying to find someone to step in and take over any of that role or anything that it might entail. That's all pretty well covered, and mostly by me, thank you very much. I want someone who wants to be with me for me, despite the fact that I have a son.
That's just it though, much like Denny states. That does not equate to what your saying, to me when I view that. It comes up like I wouldn't be smart enough to get that from reading that you have a kid/kids from it to start. That your trying to emphasize something that should be a given. It really doesn't come across right to most of us I think. I think your really looking at it from the perspective as if you were single and were willing but a bit on the fence about dating a guy with kids. You might be worried in that case they'd be looking for a replacement mom more so then a mate.

While I can't speak for every guy, that's my opinion of it, you'd do better NOT to have that. It sends up instant red flags from my perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships