Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
See now, you all are giving me reasons why you break up. But I'm not asking about that. I'm asking why you will go from "I gotta get me some of that" to "oh my @%% he $&$*ing disgusting." I mean seriously, their level of grossness hasn't changed. They are just as over/under weight as they were when you found them incredibly sexy on the beach, or in the bedroom At one time you found that their sweat on the dance floor turned you on. You thought that mole or birthmark was distinguished before. You liked their appearance! Or HAS their grossness changed? Let's disregard the obvious changes like they gained weight, or you saw them pick their nose, or you found out that they were into some gross kinky stuff, or that you sobered up. I want to know what would make you think that an otherwise gorgeous person was hideous? That just doesn't jive with me. I mean really, think of the last guy that changed from yummy to eww. Then imagine that it was Brad Pitt (or another dreamboat) instead. Imagine that he did the same exact things to you. Would you still think that HE was gross? Wound you ACTUALLY tell your girlfriends that BRAD PITT was disgusting??? I can't get that. A gorgeous girl is always a gorgeous girl to me. I might not date her because she has a hideous personality, but it doesn't mean I stop thinking that she's gorgeous. Not until she does something like gain weight or get plastic surgery. The consequence of this is that when I tell a girl that I think she's gorgeous, that compliment doesn't come with stipulations or qualifiers attached to it. I ACTUALLY think that she is gorgeous and nothing she DOES to me can change that.
Looks can't overcome intuition of something lacking in the relationship. One can be "fiercly attractive" and disgusting. We grown ups understand this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,671 times
Quote:
You find someone ferociously attractive. You spend a lot of time together. You are very affectionate. Maybe you even sleep together. Then after awhile you reaction to him or her is "eww."

What could happen to make you switch feelings like that?

Smoking cigarettes.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Looks can't overcome intuition of something lacking in the relationship. One can be "fiercly attractive" and disgusting. We grown ups understand this.
Nice. Very mature. I can see that you are a very nice person.

"Grown ups" know how to step outside of their boxes and have an open mind. And we have the ability to grasp a concept that another "grown up" is trying to explain.

I'm not asking about why you would break up. I'm asking why you would think that they are gross. Even though "we grown ups" understand that someone can have a disgusting personality, they aren't ACTUALLY GROSS.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
You find someone ferociously attractive. You spend a lot of time together. You are very affectionate. Maybe you even sleep together. Then after awhile you reaction to him or her is "eww."

Wanting to have children. LOL well, you asked.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-02-2009, 11:12 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Sometimes at the begining of a relationship you and/or the other put you best foot foward. It's all part of the game.

Once you get to know each other the guards come down.

So maybe in the beginning he/she didn't fart in public.
Maybe he/she wore a girdle......

Once the guards come down you find the real person and maybe there's something about the real person you just find ewwwww.

(now I'm gonna get the "I'm always honest and true when I 1st meet someone)

Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:

You discover they have a lousy personality. A winning personality can make up for looks. But looks can't make up for a lousy personality.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You discover they have a lousy personality. A winning personality can make up for looks. But looks can't make up for a lousy personality.
Again, please stick with the question that I asked. What you said will make you want to dump them, but it's not going to make you think that they are gross.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
By eww I'm guessing you mean that something about them grosses you out? If that's the case, I guess if she developed a hygiene problem due to neglect or not caring. I once dated this girl who was petite and very attractive. She had a very upbeat outgoing personality and was fun to be around. Until she went to the bathroom and then called me over, screaming "Oh my god, come see this!". So I hustle over there preparing myself for the worst...a spider? a mouse? blood? Nope. She wanted to show me her stool. She boasted about how tremendous it was and could I believe that something that large could have came from her. She went on and on about it as though she just created a masterpiece. She did this to me twice. I know, fool me once shame on you..., but that and a few other eccentricities that came to the surface really put me off.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
Quote:

1) Someone who doesn't know how to kiss.

2) Someone who is less than fortunate with knowing how to give oral.

...I'll be back with more later..

Old 06-02-2009, 11:47 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:

An ugly personality trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships