Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:55 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,639,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post

Why did you feel the need to involve race in your reply? Just curious...
In miu's defense here. . maybe she has a white manager - an Asian manager and a Black manager. She wants us to know which one of the three. Maybe we missed a thread. I've had private conversation with miu before - she is not a racist and does not chug-along that way. Overlook it and consider it one of those things one just types. Don't read too much into it. Just sayin'. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,979,229 times
Yes, I've done it many times, mostly to guys but there have been a couple women who have provoked such a response.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:21 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,441,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
In miu's defense here. . maybe she has a white manager - an Asian manager and a Black manager. She wants us to know which one of the three. Maybe we missed a thread. I've had private conversation with miu before - she is not a racist and does not chug-along that way. Overlook it and consider it one of those things one just types. Don't read too much into it. Just sayin'. . .
Correction:

Miu is not racist against your race. If she has more than one manager, she could have simply said "one of her managers".

Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom2 View Post
Why are some people so intent to get the last word?

Why do some people just think they know everything or have an answer to everything you say?

Do you find the only way to shut em up without blowing up is to just agree and say they are right even if you don't believe that, but you need the topic to end now?
I used to give in and agree with people like that, but now I'll just say something along the lines of let's agree to disagree. If they persist, then I'll just say I don't want to talk about it anymore. Luckily I haven't had to go past that point.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:28 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,639,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Correction:

Miu is not racist against your race. If she has more than one manager, she could have simply said "one of her managers".
Let it go. . it's not even what the topic is about. If you want to discuss her race preferences. . contact her direct. Don't make a spectacle out of her.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Let it go. . it's not even what the topic is about. If you want to discuss her race preferences. . contact her direct. Don't make a spectacle out of her.
Hey, I was simply responding to your off-topic post, which was responding to another off-topic post. But you're right, there is no need for me to make a spectacle out of Miu.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,507,171 times
It depends on how deeply I feel about the subject.

If it's over something silly, I'll let it go.

My husband says he's a better driver.....I don't agree but I let it go. Not important.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:52 AM

179 posts, read 610,196 times
I don't agree with them unless I REALLY do agree with them.

When I want to end a discussion/debate/argument/whatever and I want the other person to just stop, I usually say that I'm done with debating and stop talking. Sure, they can keep trying to argue but they aren't going to get very far if I don't respond.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,801,738 times
I don't agree, but have been known to just say "whatever". When you keep having the same fight over and over, and your point of view is not respected, it's not worth the bother anymore.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,570,635 times
I yes some people to death, especially if they are someone too stubborn to listen to anyone elses opinion anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships