Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,969,499 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I was afraid to ask for clarification on this--maybe because I was afraid of what his answer would be--but what do suppose a man means, specifically, when he says, "I need you to need me"? How do you separate that from being needy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:47 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,635,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't know why I was afraid to ask for clarification on this--maybe because I was afraid of what his answer would be--but what do suppose a man means, specifically, when he says, "I need you to need me"? How do you separate that from being needy?

"Women need to feel wanted and men want to feel needed."
- Are you, perhaps, a very independent woman? Being needy and a man wanting to be needed are two very different things.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

"Women need to feel wanted and men want to feel needed."
- Are you, perhaps, a very independent woman? Being needy and a man wanting to be needed are two very different things.
Okay, I'm having trouble separating the two. Yes, I'm very independent but not too, I don't think.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,960,548 times
Jeepers!!!!! OMG! I haven't seen you in here for a while! Welcome back.

Oh, and to stay on topic - what Jeep said.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,085,509 times
People in general, but men especially, want to feel like they contribute something to the relationship. If you can do everything for yourself, why is the other person in your life? If I know you have a problem, and I can help you but you won't let me, I feel helpless and useless. I also feel shut out of your life.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,488 posts, read 7,164,220 times
Emotions and meaning sometimes become blurry and confused so I appreciate your post.
Could just be he loves you and he needs comfort and a security blanket to hold onto to find his own comfort. Just like that child that wants to hear they're loved.....it's all good!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,635,304 times
Quote:
Okay, I'm having trouble separating the two. Yes, I'm very independent but not too, I don't think.
Don't worry, I had to figure this one out too, but I did. . In the end, it's actually quite simple - every man likes a tinge of damsel. . "Oh my sink is clogged and I don't know what to do, can you help???" - you know stuff like that. Men like to be handy and useful. Us women, when we say "need," it's in the form of being desired physically and emotionally. Men are a totally different species. If you have nothing to "need" him for - go take a broom handle and punch a hole in your wall. Ask him about what insurance companies for autos he thinks are best cause you are thinking of switching (even if you are not). Get your damsel act down and he will stop requesting the "need" factor. . just don't make a crisis every day to where it makes you look like a flake - but do be the feminine to the masculine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Jeepers!!!!! OMG! I haven't seen you in here for a while! Welcome back.

Oh, and to stay on topic - what Jeep said.
Thank you!!!!! MUAH!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:00 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,185,015 times
Quote:
Isn't this a song by cheap trick?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Don't worry, I had to figure this one out too, but I did. . In the end, it's actually quite simple - every man likes a tinge of damsel. . "Oh my sink is clogged and I don't know what to do, can you help???" - you know stuff like that. Men like to be handy and useful. Us women, when we say "need," it's in the form of being desired physically and emotionally. Men are a totally different species. If you have nothing to "need" him for - go take a broom handle and punch a hole in your wall. Ask him about what insurance companies for autos he thinks are best cause you are thinking of switching (even if you are not). Get your damsel act down and he will stop requesting the "need" factor. . just don't make a crisis every day to where it makes you look like a flake - but do be the feminine to the masculine.

Thank you!!!!! MUAH!!!!!!!
LOL Sounds like a plan.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,650,196 times
Quote:
what do suppose a man means, specifically, when he says, "I need you to need me"? How do you separate that from being needy?
He is needy, and he wants you to be equally needy, so he doesn't feel like such a chump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships