U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:51 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,345,889 times
IMO, women who are sexually interested in other women, even casually, shouldn't be married to men. Clearly, they're not completely satisfied with their sex lives or they have some sort of "issues" regarding men/their husbands.

While men may find the thought of their women cheating on them with women amusing at first, I doubt they would in the long-term unless they were involved in the trysts in some way, which isn't likely to happen. The men I know whose wives have had affairs with women were bewildered and sad. It wrecked their self-esteem and sense of trust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,371 posts, read 3,729,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Um, no. Actually the 'down low' phenomenon is nothing new. Its been going on for ages. Its just been brought to the forefront in recent years, especially with the book that was written by J. L. King called "On the Down Low" and the rise of H.I.V. cases particularly amongst African-American females. The #1 reason for the rise in H.I.V. cases amongst African-American females is because their men are sleeping with other men without their knowledge.

Anyway, a friend of mine was telling me last week, how a male associate of hers, who works for the city (he's a garbage collector), made a quick stop past his house, after he was finished with his route, only to find his WIFE munching on the next door neighbor in the middle of the living room floor. I asked her what his reaction was and she told me he was pretty darn upset about it, but didn't go into detail on how he reacted right then and there.
I appreciate your response as I figured you had good reason for your post I just did not have any knowledge of it whatsoever. Anyway I certainly hope your having a good day and if your sharing it with another lady....just do me a favor please ....Send pics....... just kidding***

Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,169,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
IMO, women who are sexually interested in other women, even casually, shouldn't be married to men. Clearly, they're not completely satisfied with their sex lives or they have some sort of "issues" regarding men/their husbands.

While men may find the thought of their women cheating on them with women amusing at first, I doubt they would in the long-term unless they were involved in the trysts in some way, which isn't likely to happen. The men I know whose wives have had affairs with women were bewildered and sad. It wrecked their self-esteem and sense of trust.
Thanks for your interesting response which disputes macjr82's response below because the situation most certainly does exist for women.

Quote:
i don't think the situation really exists for women.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:14 PM

4,384 posts, read 1,889,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
..we all know or have heard about this phenomenon when it comes to men, but how common do you think it is when it comes to women? Do you know any women on the 'down low', who date men, or who are married or are in long-term relationships with men, but are hitting up women on the side, without their male partner's knowledge?

Do you think, once found out, that a man's reaction would be the same as a female's since most females tend to completely LOSE IT when they find out their man has been sleeping with another man?
i'd ask for a threesome.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:17 PM

1,622 posts, read 2,459,205 times
No one is going to know how many women are on the 'down low' (hate that expression) unless they share their secrets or they are caught. The ones I know about, their signifcant others know about their feelings. I'm guessing that if their hubby or boyfriend isn't bothered by it, they make it known. The rest know to keep it to themselves.

The reaction usually isn't as much as a big deal because people aren't threatened by female sexuality as much as male. You have to admit that most people think 2 women mostly kiss and use their fingers on each other in bed. Since there is a lack of penetration (so they think) it isn't as alarming.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:25 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,961,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
No one is going to know how many women are on the 'down low' (hate that expression) unless they share their secrets or they are caught. The ones I know about, their signifcant others know about their feelings. I'm guessing that if their hubby or boyfriend isn't bothered by it, they make it known. The rest know to keep it to themselves.

The reaction usually isn't as much as a big deal because people aren't threatened by female sexuality as much as male. You have to admit that most people think 2 women mostly kiss and use their fingers on each other in bed. Since there is a lack of penetration (so they think) it isn't as alarming.
I agree, this is what I was getting at about the reaction and how it isn't as alarming since there is a lack of penetration (specifically talking about a man's penis here)...and notice how many men are saying pics please or threesome...don't think you would get that reaction from a woman who's man was doing another man (hey guys, threesome?)...somehow, I'm not seeing this as the reaction of a female in this position!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:34 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,345,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
I agree, this is what I was getting at about the reaction and how it isn't as alarming since there is a lack of penetration (specifically talking about a man's penis here)...and notice how many men are saying pics please or threesome...don't think you would get that reaction from a woman who's man was doing another man (hey guys, threesome?)...somehow, I'm not seeing this as the reaction of a female in this position!!!
um, presumably the woman is seeking another woman to get away from sexual contact with men so why on Earth would a "threesome" be possible? I see the men's reactions more indicative of their embarrassment or angst over not being wanted, because it ain't going to happen. Particularly if the "other woman" is a hardcore lesbian. Sorry, guys, but you'd get your wienies wacked.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:35 PM

1,293 posts, read 2,182,916 times
It would alarm me if I believed it was affecting how close we were in any respect. In any sense. As to affecting sex-life or intimacy at other levels. In most cases I don't believe this is the case, the ones that are 'cheating' it usually is.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,961,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
um, presumably the woman is seeking another woman to get away from sexual contact with men so why on Earth would a "threesome" be possible? I see the men's reactions more indicative of their embarrassment or angst over not being wanted, because it ain't going to happen. Particularly if the "other woman" is a hardcore lesbian. Sorry, guys, but you'd get your wienies wacked.

Well, some of us, theoretically speaking of course, would like to have a few encounters with other women not to get away from our men but because we might find it, well, exciting, and also are hoping for that threesome someday... Not that I would know anything about that...just saying is all....

Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 PM

1,293 posts, read 2,182,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Well, some of us, theoretically speaking of course, would like to have a few encounters with other women not to get away from our men but because we might find it, well, exciting, and also are hoping for that threesome someday... Not that I would know anything about that...just saying is all....
I still expect that phone call btw...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships