Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,757 times

Advertisements

Sex is fun and all, but I could live without it I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,122 times
Being married, and 8 years without it really made me a cranky person. I lived. Like someone else said, I could live with out it, but not happily.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR
Being married, and 8 years without it really made me a cranky person. I lived. Like someone else said, I could live with out it, but not happily.
See how you feel after 25 years.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 PM

5 posts, read 37,920 times
42 years without sex. Some of us don't have many options (without paying for it.) For me, it's more a matter of resignation at this point in my life, I don't think I care to want it anymore. I was rather bitter in my 20s and 30s having no success with women but eventually fate must be accepted on its own terms.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi'op View Post
42 years without sex. Some of us don't have many options (without paying for it.) For me, it's more a matter of resignation at this point in my life, I don't think I care to want it anymore. I was rather bitter in my 20s and 30s having no success with women but eventually fate must be accepted on its own terms.
Well, this doesn't quite jive with another post of yours:

Quote:
I've a date on Saturday, the first I've had in about 10 years. We met incidentally through mutual friends and she effectively asked me out a week ago. While flattered enough, she's now sending out rather clear signals that she expects to come back to my place to spend the night. I've not encouraged her thinking in this regard, it's just that she's clearly more on the bold side (more than I intuited originally) and attractive so I think she's use to dates going this way for her.

Obviously this makes me uneasy on a number of accounts. Part of me feels like cancelling because we're simply not on even terms with respect to sex; I'm potentially walking into a situation where I'll have to turn her down (which might offend her) or I'll following through with potentially very awkward results.

On the other hand, she is bright and ready-witted and we have some rapport. (And, amazingly, she asked me out.)

The other option, I suppose, is to tell her my "status" but this feels particularly embarrassing given her personality- perhaps with another woman of a less aggressive temperament and after a series of no expectation dates this would be possible.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/9036585-post1.html

Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,899,273 times
^^^^^^^^^^^

referencing both the above & below post, I half wonder if some of these are jokes. In alot of ways, in a lot of times, as long as you're social I feel it's much harder to not get laid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi'op View Post

Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 PM

double post

Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM

943 posts, read 2,280,772 times
I am living without it.

And probably will have to for long time.

Pregnancy too risky with severe health problems [cant do birth control pills] and bad marriage where I dont want it.

Sex can be enjoyable but 42 year old virgin do not make it out to be this HUGE THING. It can be overrated and put in place in life where it does not belong.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:58 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

referencing both the above & below post, I half wonder if some of these are jokes. In alot of ways, in a lot of times, as long as you're social I feel it's much harder to not get laid.
Apparently, I'm not that social. When you're introverted, how do you change your nature?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Apparently, I'm not that social. When you're introverted, how do you change your nature?

It can be done, in fact there are people in class w/ me that are learning to do it right now. Two of the head instructors are self proclaimed introverts who had to come out of their shells to be successful on recruiting duty. Of course they kind of have to change or be unsuccessful, so the change is predicated on stress and need. Without any catalyst for your change it'd be harder.

One thing I noticed is that raw skills/techniques (professional selling skills) they teach Marines in recruiting school are the same things you use when talking to a Women.

Doing an opening, probing, supporting, closing and learning how to handle indifference, understanding and drawbacks through out that process.

My instructor told of a introvert from a previous class who using the PSS techniques and a lil fashion advise was able to get laid. It was like the movie New Guy.

The following program was actually developed by and for the Marine Corps, it was found to be so effective that the company now makes killing on seminars and programs.

AchieveGlobal - Events Detail

http://www.energyseekers.com/PDFs/PS...CHURE-2009.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships