Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,542 times

Advertisements

Want to help me develop a best practice for this type of relationship? I prefer to refrain from contributing to the delinquency of a married person whenever possible due to their already established obligations.

It doesn't mean they can't help me improve my happy camper policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:18 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,932 times
I just started a new job a few weeks ago and there is this married guy asking me out. I feel sorry for his wife. He told me he wants to trade in his wife for a younger woman and that Im the perfect candidate. He is so not the type to be married, I wonder why he even bothered asking his wife to marry him. He was going on about how much he likes me and he wants to take me to dinner one night. He even kissed me on my shoulder when he greeted me at work a few days ago. I was like WTH. Of course I wont date him, because its not right. If he isnt happy with his wife he needs to work on his marriage or just divorce her. No need in wasting her time or his time.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I just started a new job a few weeks ago and there is this married guy asking me out. I feel sorry for his wife. He told me he wants to trade in his wife for a younger woman and that Im the perfect candidate. He is so not the type to be married, I wonder why he even bothered asking his wife to marry him. He was going on about how much he likes me and he wants to take me to dinner one night. He even kissed me on my shoulder when he greeted me at work a few days ago. I was like WTH. Of course I wont date him, because its not right. If he isnt happy with his wife he needs to work on his marriage or just divorce her. No need in wasting her time or his time.
GROSS. Put a stop to that immediately. If your coworkers see him doing that, they're going to start talking about you.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
What if they had a more open relationship and the wife was ok with the husband having a girlfriend?

Last edited by danielpalos; 06-15-2010 at 10:15 PM..

Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
GROSS. Put a stop to that immediately. If your coworkers see him doing that, they're going to start talking about you.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Sometimes I can't tell.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I only read the original post not all the replies, so I may be duplicating...

I have NO toleration to touching another woman's man. Period. No excuses, no explanations.

It shows no morals. It shows no compassion. It shows no self-respect.

Got involved once - unknowingly. Opened the car door immediately and walked out (thankfully close to home /lol).

In the background: SHE's having an affair too, I CARE about you... yada yada.

Lalalal. Don't care. Save it for your shrink.

Did it suck? yeah. Did I EVER accept another call? Nope.

If you're in an unhappy relationship work on it or end it. Period. I AM NOT your grey area.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:17 PM

Establishing a niche can be a good thing.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I only read the original post not all the replies, so I may be duplicating...

I have NO toleration to touching another woman's man. Period. No excuses, no explanations.

It shows no morals. It shows no compassion. It shows no self-respect.

Got involved once - unknowingly. Opened the car door immediately and walked out (thankfully close to home /lol).

In the background: SHE's having an affair too, I CARE about you... yada yada.

Lalalal. Don't care. Save it for your shrink.

Did it suck? yeah. Did I EVER accept another call? Nope.

If you're in an unhappy relationship work on it or end it. Period. I AM NOT your grey area.
I am working on my constructive criticism skills whenever possible. I believe that true witness bearing should be used for goodness and not badness.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Well Daniel, religous conotations aside (yeah, sp).... I bear witness to my own actions, and I have to sleep at night. And I can't if I am part of the deception to another's feelings and trust.

If they are all in agreement that is another issue. One that I am still not interested in because I do not share.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:31 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
What do you think of women who date married men?
My husband and I have been together 16 years and we still go on dates. I still feel like we're "dating". Does this mean I'm dating a married man?

For single women who date married men - men who are married to other women - I think that's a rotten thing to do unless the wife knows all about it and has given her blessing.

Maybe the wife has a terminal illness and wants her husband to go out and live life, or maybe for whatever reason the wife wants her husband to be free to have sexual relationships outside the marriage... or whatever. Every marital situation is different. If there's an agreement then to each their own I have nothing to say about it.

But, if it's a sneaky behind the wife's back kind of thing, a dishonest thing, lying and betrayal of vows... and the "other woman" aka mistress knows that the man is married - both the married man and the other woman are homewreckers in my book. They are choosing to allow behavior that is hurtful and will cause suffering, and that's not acceptable.

If he wants to see other women he should end his marriage and the other woman just needs to respect the marriage and back off if she has any class or maturity about her at all. Adults shouldn't sneak around like children trying to steal cookies from the jar. But then, I guess that's why they do it - the thrill of it. Adrenaline junkies?

Go bungee jumping or something. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships