Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 01:34 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,043 times

Advertisements

in many relationships, things work out better cooperatively. In most I've known, one of the couple's members took the lead. It can always be the man OR the woman, though: the better abled leader will do (and we're not dealing with brute force here: if that'd be the case, the man would lead in most relationships, but who wants physical force in a relationship? And we're not talking about BDSM play here). Many women like alpha males and many don't. Many women see themselves as alpha females on an equal footing with any alpha male they may come across.

When women weren't properly educated and weren't given the mere idea that they could be the best and completely independent, the "alpha male be and and end all of all things" scenario made total sense to them (us). But right now? To each his and her own: many women that are highly intelligent still choose the alpha male and being a submissive at home, but this is far, very far from universal in the western world. I am a leader of myself and require to be treated as such, thank you very much.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:34 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
But just because one person is an alpha male and the other isnt doesnt automatically mean one will stick up for you and the other wont,theres allot of alpha males who are more talk then action
They aren't alphas. Those are bad boys. An alpha makes it very clear (and follows through) that he will always protect and look after the woman and her interests.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:38 PM

Everyone who is confused by this topic should watch the latest "Fun with Dick and Jane" movie. It is a perfect example of a couple in crisis. They always act as a couple. They go through the whole process together. The critical moment in the film is when Dick decides that he is going to take up robbery. Jane follows. Dick leads the family, but never ever does one feel that Dick is overlord. EVERYTHING he does is an effort to care for his wife and family.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:46 PM

Sure... Jane could've done the same and it would have been equally heroic. I know loads of everyday examples that work out wonderfully

Old 06-06-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He'll make a good husband, though!
No he won't. He needs to take up dancing and learn how to lead for a woman properly.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
They aren't alphas. Those are bad boys. An alpha makes it very clear (and follows through) that he will always protect and look after the woman and her interests.
I do agree with this. Let's not confuse an alpha person (an alpha male in this case) with a bully, an abusive guy and the like. An alpha is a leader, self-disciplined and with an independent and responsible mind, suited to remain by your side no matter what, provided that you are ready and really willing to acknowledge his leading role. Sort of like a warrior: failing or fleeing would be a terrible dishonor.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:06 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
I just like the role a alpha takes in making sure I am completely protected from the elements and enemies if he can help it. I know that its not easy fighting this world all alone . So everybody needs a sort of mastermind who will put your safety first. That is what I like about alphas. If he is that way with me, I am willing to let him lead in a variety of things.

Last edited by temptation001; 06-06-2009 at 02:20 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 02:15 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,802 times
Didn't read this entire thread, but here's what I want in a man.

Scenario: During violent storm, fence blows down.

Man 1: Calls buddy over and together they fix fence.
Man 2: Realizes he is incapable of fixing the fence, picks up the phone and calls a fence company to come over and fix it.
Man 3: Tells me to take care of it - then heads to the bar to have a beer.
Man 4: Does nothing, sits and complains that the neighbor still hasn't fixed the fence after a month.

I would be OK with either Man 1 or Man 2, but I would prefer Man 1 if given the choice.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:32 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Didn't read this entire thread, but here's what I want in a man.

Scenario: During violent storm, fence blows down.

Man 1: Calls buddy over and together they fix fence.
Man 2: Realizes he is incapable of fixing the fence, picks up the phone and calls a fence company to come over and fix it.
Man 3: Tells me to take care of it - then heads to the bar to have a beer.
Man 4: Does nothing, sits and complains that the neighbor still hasn't fixed the fence after a month.

I would be OK with either Man 1 or Man 2, but I would prefer Man 1 if given the choice.

I would be okay with any of them, except Man 2. He is most like a female. I want a man!

Old 06-06-2009, 03:27 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
No he won't. He needs to take up dancing and learn how to lead for a woman properly.

Dancing is overrated. That's like me saying I won't date a man who doesn't play music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships