Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,747 times

Advertisements

All over the place, I see women dressed in a way that makes me think "wow, what ever happened to that HBO show 'Hookers on the Point'? " I mean, I am a heterosexual man, so when ever I see a women looking like she forgot to put on clothes, of course I am going to look at them...but why ohh why do they dress like that, and then have the nerve to get mad when men look at them?

I mean, once, last year, at a park in the middle of New Jersey, thirty miles from the beach, there was a women lying there on her stomach, sunbathing in a thong So, like any man who isn't gay, I craned my neck and looked...and she turned around and screamed at me "what the hell are you looking at!" I just shock my head and thought "your bare butt maybe?"

The thing now is all of these young women in skirts so short that if they fart the back of it will fly up and they'll end up mooning people, who turn with this mean look on their face if they cetch you staring at their legs.

Or the girls in the so-short-they-might-as-well-be-underwear shorts. I mean, you dress like that, and then have the nerve to get mad when a man looks, let alone says something? Granted, I would never say anything to a women (not even if I needed the time, because I'm too shy) but other guys do all the time, and it's sometimes rude comments. But come on, what the heck did you expect?

Don't get me wrong: I don't care if you're running around naked, nothing is an invitation to be touched by anyone. REPEAT IN CASE ANY FEMINAZIS WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION:
Don't get me wrong: I don't care if you're running around naked, nothing is an invitation to be touched by anyone.

However, dressing like a pole dancer while going to the store for a tube of tooth paste is indeed an invitation to have men look at you. I am not a hypocrite either: plenty of men run around without their shirts on if they have six packs, only difference is, they usually don't complain when a women looks.

The worst is the gym. I work out in a large sweat shirt and sweat pants. Yet, I see women all the time doing the arobics class in those super short shorts and little tank tops, going all the way to the ground and lifting their legs up in a "donkey kick" fashion knowing good and well that their rear ends face the rest of the gym and then they look back with this mean look on their faces when the men are looking at them.

What the hell did you think was going to happen? I hear women all the time say "men look at me like a piece of meat at the gym!" Well...if you wear nothing "clothing" that looks like it screams shrink wrap and a tag that says "Veal Chop 12oz, good thru 6/8/09" what do you think they'll look at you like?

There is this one young women who is always at the gym, as in I go there, she's working out, and I leave, and she's still working out. She is a Muslim and wears a head wrap and works out in loose fitting clothes. No one looks at her like a piece of meat. So why is it she can work out covered up and do twice the work out most women do and not have men staring at her? BECAUSE SHE'S NOT DRESSED LIKE A SKANK!

I am not saying you have to wear a burqa or anything, but maybe if you wore long shorts and skirts you would not have men looking at you "like a piece of meat"

If you dress like this, ladies: Tara Reid Wearing Too Short Shorts at The Insider
http://www.anecdotoff.com/images/sto...hort-skirt.jpg

It's not the men's fault for looking, it's your fault for showing.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:15 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yet, I see women all the time doing the arobics class in those super short shorts and little tank tops, going all the way to the ground and lifting their legs up in a "donkey kick" fashion knowing good and well that their rear ends face the rest of the gym and then they look back with this mean look on their faces when the men are looking at them.
That "mean face" cracks me up. LOL! (Somehow it didn't reproduce in my quote of you! Waah!)

They have no right to get mad when someone looks at them. If they dress like attention ws then they will be treated as such.

If someone (un)dressed like that screams "What the h are you looking at?" they should be responded to with "Why the h are you undressed in public if you are going to complain if anyone looks at you?"

Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Quote:
Women who run around half naked, then get mad when men look at them.
I have a fair bit of sympathy for them. They are usually dressed that way to attract a certain male. When it doesn't work, they are down and suddenly they realize they are attracting all this unwanted attention from all these geeks, losers and desperate types or the religious right telegraphs its disapproval.

I don't know why I am so understanding, because such women seldom have any sympathy for those whose attention they attract. I guess, I don't want the opportunities to steal a glance to dry up.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,131,406 times
The simi naked women's attitude is predicated on what and which man is looking, and for other women to gloat.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
All over the place, I see women dressed in a way that makes me think "wow, what ever happened to that HBO show 'Hookers on the Point'? " I mean, I am a heterosexual man, so when ever I see a women looking like she forgot to put on clothes, of course I am going to look at them...but why ohh why do they dress like that, and then have the nerve to get mad when men look at them?

I mean, once, last year, at a park in the middle of New Jersey, thirty miles from the beach, there was a women lying there on her stomach, sunbathing in a thong So, like any man who isn't gay, I craned my neck and looked...and she turned around and screamed at me "what the hell are you looking at!" I just shock my head and thought "your bare butt maybe?"

The thing now is all of these young women in skirts so short that if they fart the back of it will fly up and they'll end up mooning people, who turn with this mean look on their face if they cetch you staring at their legs.

Or the girls in the so-short-they-might-as-well-be-underwear shorts. I mean, you dress like that, and then have the nerve to get mad when a man looks, let alone says something? Granted, I would never say anything to a women (not even if I needed the time, because I'm too shy) but other guys do all the time, and it's sometimes rude comments. But come on, what the heck did you expect?

Don't get me wrong: I don't care if you're running around naked, nothing is an invitation to be touched by anyone. REPEAT IN CASE ANY FEMINAZIS WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION:
Don't get me wrong: I don't care if you're running around naked, nothing is an invitation to be touched by anyone.

However, dressing like a pole dancer while going to the store for a tube of tooth paste is indeed an invitation to have men look at you. I am not a hypocrite either: plenty of men run around without their shirts on if they have six packs, only difference is, they usually don't complain when a women looks.

The worst is the gym. I work out in a large sweat shirt and sweat pants. Yet, I see women all the time doing the arobics class in those super short shorts and little tank tops, going all the way to the ground and lifting their legs up in a "donkey kick" fashion knowing good and well that their rear ends face the rest of the gym and then they look back with this mean look on their faces when the men are looking at them.

What the hell did you think was going to happen? I hear women all the time say "men look at me like a piece of meat at the gym!" Well...if you wear nothing "clothing" that looks like it screams shrink wrap and a tag that says "Veal Chop 12oz, good thru 6/8/09" what do you think they'll look at you like?

There is this one young women who is always at the gym, as in I go there, she's working out, and I leave, and she's still working out. She is a Muslim and wears a head wrap and works out in loose fitting clothes. No one looks at her like a piece of meat. So why is it she can work out covered up and do twice the work out most women do and not have men staring at her? BECAUSE SHE'S NOT DRESSED LIKE A SKANK!

I am not saying you have to wear a burqa or anything, but maybe if you wore long shorts and skirts you would not have men looking at you "like a piece of meat"

If you dress like this, ladies: Tara Reid Wearing Too Short Shorts at The Insider
http://www.anecdotoff.com/images/sto...hort-skirt.jpg

It's not the men's fault for looking, it's your fault for showing.
lol... well, it's pleasing to the eye, so i don't mind.

i guess they may think pervert men would look at them and make them feel uncomfortable, but it's not so black and white. sometimes a look at some partially exposed cleavage, or an ass, or some legs is just about admiration of beauty. There is nothing necessarily sinister about it.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM

199 posts, read 652,846 times
Wow ... is everyone who replied male? What does that show?

Freedom of expression .... Besides you know you love it

Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
I've pointed this out before, recently. If I remember correctly, there was some female response about how spandex wicks sweat away, implying that this is absolutely necessary...

Not three hours ago, I was in the gym, with some woman in spandex pants grabbing her ankles, spread wide, showing off for all of us on the cardio deck. It is just the way of things, for women to titillate, and show some faux-outrage when guys inevitably notice. Ever seen the famous Marylin Monroe photograph, where her skirt is being blown up, and she has this "Oh MY!" look on her face? Same type of faux-embarassment.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:34 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,811 times
33458 is very Female.

I think the women who dress for immediate impact and then complain about the results are, honestly, enraged that the wrong people have noticed...

I also don't care if someone is naked...whatever. Nudity is natural, everything else is artifice.

But when someone dresses provacitively...well, let's just study the description...to garner interest, attract attention, stir thought...then grumbles about heads turning, comments made, unable to control the response? Self-empowerment? How so? I don't buy it.

I have tattoos. I have unusual piercings.
I do not want people constantly staring, coming up to me and starting yet another conversation about what they want, where'd I get, did it hurt...BLAH. Or the critical, rude glances from those in the general public who dissapprove...so when prudent, I cover myself. I hide it. I call it cloaking. Freak. *POOF* Normal. Problem solved. No complaints. If it's really there for ME, at my pleasure and discretion, then in polite company I'm the only one who needs to know about it...right?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
^ Personally, I put tattoos and revealing clothing in two different categories.

Now, if you need to wear revealing clothing to show off your tattoos.. maybe you're in a pickle there.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:48 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Wow ... is everyone who replied male? What does that show?
Well maybe that this thread isnt 1 hr. old yet and most of the females are working.

I totally agree tho. Im female and when I see ta tas and bootys hanging out I look too. The same holds true for people who, as 33458 stated, have a bunch of tatoos or pink, purple, green hair and their face pierced.

I think it is sad that the media and advertising has made females feel they must show off there goodies just to get attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships