Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,899,273 times

Advertisements

edit: I'd like to add that it's not enough to have a new years resolution. Once you set it, you have to have a plan. Six Ps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I don't have any resolutions and there's not too much I can change in the way I do things. everyday is a chance to get better, in my eyes, already.

I can tell where I plan to be in 2 yrs, 3yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs and by 20 yrs I'll probably be retired,

In order to contribute to this thread, I'll expound.

2 yrs: I'd like to be a Gunnery Sergeant

3 yrs: Be assigned to the MEU when I come off recruiting duty

Marine Expeditionary Unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5 yrs: Become a MSG detachment commander (Embassy Duty)
Marine Security Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 yrs: Become a Warrant Officer

20 yrs:By the time I retire I hope to have become either a limited duty or unrestricted regular officer and retire at bare minimum a Captain

Last edited by macjr82; 06-07-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:16 AM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreeableone View Post
[b][b]Hi Mathguy,

This is very ESP-like for me. George
Hey George. Thanks for the excellent post....today is a new day and so is tomorrow. If something isn't right in your life then just do the best you can to make the neccessary changes that are within your control.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, I have been back to dating and it's currently going quite well after a few miss-starts. Yep, I used on-line dating for all of it. Just find someone around your age and be open to possibilities like even just having a friend to talk to or have lunch with.

2) The main barometer of how I'm doing is how my kids are doing and they seem to be in pretty good shape, maybe even better since it was actually probably a lot harder on them when my wife was really sick and hurting then after the actual death.

3) I gave away one car to charity and traded one in and splurged (big time) buying new cars for the first time in 9-10 years. I got great deals and don't regret it a bit.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 AM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
I need to change my job--it's something I should have done several years before--just to get the chance to have a life. It's just too exhausting and consuming of my time and energy and it forces me to keep putting off doing other things for myself and for other people I care about. I realized last year that I would rather make less money and have less responsibility if it allowed me to actually enjoy the weekends and spend time with friends.
At least you recognize your wants\needs...many people just complain about it but never realize just how badly they need to make a change.

Good luck with this and keep us posted.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:21 AM

199 posts, read 653,043 times
I decided to run a marathon and started training for it...I hope to complete it.... Fingers crossed My goal is pretty short term...Long term....I am trying to prepare for my Gmat..So hopefully in 10 yr's time I will be alive and well ...and working at a job I enjoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships