Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times

Advertisements

I used to work for UPS and as I understood it, if you sign the notice, they can leave the package. Or they can re-route it your school and have the secretary sign for it. I'd call and ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:00 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
This page explains it all: Shipping

Link is right at the top when you go to the main page. I don't know how Mega GPS' customer service could have been any better, short of bending to your will.

If anything you should blame UPS for not delivering to your area when you are home.
It does not say that your only option is taking a day off work to take delivery. If it did, I wouldn't have ordered from them. Now I understand why they consider a third attempt a refused delivery. They must be making a killing on restocking fees. Nice business if you can get it. Ship it out 10 times and have it undelivered and you've paid for it, made a profit and still have the item to sell to the next unsuspecting *******. Reading that now, it makes sense. Very profitable business there. I wonder how much they make a year in restocking fees? Wow, "*******" is a bad word?????

I ASSUMED (Yeah, shouldn't do that) that, at least, one of those delivery attempts would be at a time when I could be home. I had no idea my only delivery time is the window between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Why would I assume that when I see a darned UPS truck across the street at 5:30 PM three times a week? Apparently, that truck only picks up. It doesn't deliver.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I used to work for UPS and as I understood it, if you sign the notice, they can leave the package. Or they can re-route it your school and have the secretary sign for it. I'd call and ask.
That's what usually happens. This one didn't have a place to sign. It said I had to be present to sign and they'd be back at the same time they tried to deliver it today on Monday (if they'd chosen tomorrow, I could be here). Usually, they leave slip for me to sign and leave delivery instructions. When I called, they said that the shipper had required a signature so they can't.

I don't get this. I had $3000 worth of computers shipped to my house and I simply signed a notice and asked that they drop them off with a neighbor. I try to buy a $460 GPS device and I have to be present to sign for it to get delivery? You'd think I'm buying a controlled substance. The last time I bought something with this tight of security it was my step mothers script for Oxycontin and that the pharmacist met us after hours to fill because we couldn't get to the store before they closed.

Unfortunately, I ASSUMED that this delivery would be like any other. If I wasn't home, they'd leave a form for me to sign with delivery instructions and I'd get it from the neighbor when I got home. I had no reason to assume otherwise. I've only ever had a problem like this once before and that was because twice something got lost in shipping and the company asked for a signature the third time but USPS shipped it back instead of holding it for me to pick up. (Near as we can figure, we had a lazy postal carrier who didn't make all the required delivery attempts. The first notice I saw was, supposedly, the third time they tried to deliver it.) I've never had this happen on a first delivery attempt. Only after there were issues with a delivery and that I understand. In the case before, the shipment was lost twice in the mail. I'm sure that one stretches credulity so they wanted to make SURE I was the one who signed for it. There's no reason for that here. I've always been able to leave delivery instructions before. Apparently, they think someone is out to steal this thing is going to steal the notice from my door and reroute it to themselves. Obviously, they've been reading my emails so they know I have it coming. Either that or it's a scam to make money on restocking fees. :ugh

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 06-05-2009 at 08:17 PM..

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Ask them if they will leave it with a neighbor. Most of the time they'll do that. I don't understand why they won't deliver when they are in the area making pikc-ups. It sounds like you need a supervisor or manager. Good Luck.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Ask them if they will leave it with a neighbor. Most of the time they'll do that. I don't understand why they won't deliver when they are in the area making pikc-ups. It sounds like you need a supervisor or manager. Good Luck.
I did talk to a supervisor. Got the same answer. Because the shipper is the one requiring the signature, they have to have a signature from someone at my house. I'm not sure what's different this time. I've always been able to sign the form when I got home, leave it on my door and have them either leave the package in the door or at a neighbor's. This one just has a next delivery attempt date/time. Seems too rigid for a normal shipment. Pretty much guarantees that some will be sent back to the seller and they can charge their restocking fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships