U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,670,477 times

Advertisements

thats an interesting question. i have no idea!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 02:02 PM

3,587 posts, read 3,665,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Okay, I know, I know, there are a hundred thousand threads on interracial dating, but this one is different, I promise.

Okay, my question is this: If I, a half black, half Italian man, were to go out with ANYONE, would that be interracial dating? I mean, unless the female was also mixed.

Or, would it be one or the other. As in if I was going out with a black girl, it wouldn't be interracial, but if I was going out with a white one, it would be...bogles the mind.

Are mixed people always dating outside their "race", or never dating outside their "race" because they have no "race"!

I can't figure it out....

Personally, I would never date outside of my species, i.e., Nerds/freaks (the difference is only in fashion, let me tell you) so it doesn't matter I suppose.
Yes, I guess you could say that if you are dating someone who is not of your race. But it doesn't matter who you date, as long as they good with you.

I am a black female who only dates other races. I don't have anything against brothers, I just don't want to date them, not attracted to them on that level. I am not the typical black female. I do things other blacks would say odd. I want to surf, rock climb and stuff like that. So, I date outside of my race to get that excitement. LOL, it is a better fit for me. I see your Italian, I think Italian men are sexy. LOL, anyway.

At one time I thought you were a women. oopps

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 08-20-2009 at 02:16 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 02:09 PM

105 posts, read 147,379 times
Good question... its interacial if the person is of any other race than you.

Date who ever you are attracted to and treats you well.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM

969 posts, read 1,612,055 times
I'm black from the waste down and I date anyone.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM

23,932 posts, read 20,319,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, I guess you could say that if you are dating someone who is not of your race. But it doesn't matter who you date, as long as they good with you.

I am a black female who only dates other races. I don't have anything against brothers, I just don't want to date them, not attracted to them on that level. I am not the typical black female. I do things other blacks would say odd. I want to surf, rock climb and stuff like that. So, I date outside of my race to get that excitement. LOL, it is a better fit for me. I see your Italian, I think Italian men are sexy. LOL, anyway.

At one time I thought you were a women. oopps

Miss Shawn, I have no problem with you dating men who are not black. But believe me, you can find brothers who are into the same stuff you are. Don't believe the hype.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 PM

12,156 posts, read 10,691,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I am a black female who only dates other races. I don't have anything against brothers, I just don't want to date them, not attracted to them on that level. I am not the typical black female. I do things other blacks would say odd. I want to surf, rock climb and stuff like that. So, I date outside of my race to get that excitement. LOL, it is a better fit for me.
I have no problem with people who date outside their race but is with this "typical black female" stuff? What the hell do "typical black women" do fry fish and braid hair while dancing to Kool & The Gang?

My girlfriend and her husband go all the things you mentioned. Fun for them is jumping off cliffs, hiking through mountains, exploring caves, swimming with things that will probably kill them, etc. I think they’re crazy as hell not because they’re black but because I think anyone who jumps out of a perfectly working plane for fun is crazy as hell.

You should stop generalizing.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:39 PM

2,279 posts, read 2,445,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
I'm black from the waste down and I date anyone.
waste being the keyword...:P

Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 PM

55 posts, read 12,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Okay, I know, I know, there are a hundred thousand threads on interracial dating, but this one is different, I promise.
Okay, my question is this: If I, a half black, half Italian man, were to go out with ANYONE, would that be interracial dating? I mean, unless the female was also mixed. Or, would it be one or the other. As in if I was going out with a black girl, it wouldn't be interracial, but if I was going out with a white one, it would be...bogles the mind.Are mixed people always dating outside their "race", or never dating outside their "race" because they have no "race"! I can't figure it out....
Personally, I would never date outside of my species, i.e., Nerds/freaks (the difference is only in fashion, let me tell you) so it doesn't matter I suppose.
Ok, breathe deep.....free your mind......LOL From my point of view and I want to stress MY in here....you have got it made. You can date either race or for that matter hispanic, asian..whatever. My niece is dating a mixed race guy and she is caucasian like me and no one even thinks about it much. He is the sweetest guy ever and they are pretty serious. She knows the possibility of somewhere down the road having a child who may be darker than caucasian and lighter than African American but it isn't a huge deal with her or any of us.

I do have to correct you..dating outside of your "species" would not be simply a "nerd" or a "freak", it would be more like daing animal, vegetable or mineral so to speak..ya dig?? Your species is HUMAN and that does include what you would classify as a "nerd" or a "freak".

Relax...we are all made up of the same "stuff" regardless of our heritage; people first, skin color last.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:09 PM

753 posts, read 1,441,499 times
I find this interesting as I have biracial children. They are white/black. But they are more white looking then black looking, so others may say they are out of their race if they date black because of the way they look.

It might depend on which culture you identify the most with. So since you said black/Italian, that would lead me to believe you do not say you are white. So anyone white would be out of race. But anyone black or Italian is within your race.

I'd ask my kids what they think, but they are 8 and 9.

Hopefully it will not matter at all to them what race anyone is.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:07 PM

10 posts, read 18,321 times
Holy crap guy, what they hell? See a girl, ask her out. If you are preoccupied with "am I interracial dating", then maybe you should play chess on a computer where your component is a computer and does not give a #$#(*#. Just live man, those issue are irrelevant in regards to your happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships