Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know, I know, there are a hundred thousand threads on interracial dating, but this one is different, I promise.

Okay, my question is this: If I, a half black, half Italian man, were to go out with ANYONE, would that be interracial dating? I mean, unless the female was also mixed.

Or, would it be one or the other. As in if I was going out with a black girl, it wouldn't be interracial, but if I was going out with a white one, it would be...bogles the mind.

Are mixed people always dating outside their "race", or never dating outside their "race" because they have no "race"!

I can't figure it out....

Personally, I would never date outside of my species, i.e., Nerds/freaks (the difference is only in fashion, let me tell you) so it doesn't matter I suppose.

Last edited by victorianpunk; 06-05-2009 at 11:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 11:22 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
this is such an strange question. why does it matter, and why in heavens name would you even try to label this situation as anything other than two people dating. to even worry about this is odd.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
WHO CARES??

Just go out with a quality gal.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this is such an strange question. why does it matter, and why in heavens name would you even try to label this situation as anything other than two people dating. to even worry about this is odd.

I am not "worrying about it, just wondering. I mean, I still, to this day, ask myself "If Pluto is a dog, then what the hell is Goofy?" Does that mean it's an important question? No, not at all, but it still is something I wonder about.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
I say don't think so hard about it.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I say don't think so hard about it.

Again, it's nothing I "think hard" about, but rather one of those "Why do you drive on the Parkway and Park in the Drive way?" kinds of questions.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:00 PM

711 posts, read 1,511,874 times
Being Italian means that you already have black in ya. So I don,t know what makes your question different

Old 06-06-2009, 10:22 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Okay, I know, I know, there are a hundred thousand threads on interracial dating, but this one is different, I promise.

Okay, my question is this: If I, a half black, half Italian man, were to go out with ANYONE, would that be interracial dating? I mean, unless the female was also mixed.

Or, would it be one or the other. As in if I was going out with a black girl, it wouldn't be interracial, but if I was going out with a white one, it would be...bogles the mind.
It sounds more like your seeking identity rather than asking a question. This is more like the debate that if Obama would have been 'fathered' by a white guy, would he be considered as closely related to the black community? Doubtful IMO, but much like ants, idiots are everywhere. You're you, you define yourself.

Just date who you like without regard to skin-color, really isn't a hard concept.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:10 PM

380 posts, read 691,827 times
Interesting query. Hmm...I believe it depends on how you view yourself. My very best friend is half black & half Mexican. She rarely tells anyone she's mixed/biracial. She has pretty much always identified herself as black/African American. So for her, anyone she dates other than black men, would be regarded as interracial dating. Now, if you consider yourself as part of the "other" racial category, I would assume, technically, anyone you date, other than a half Italian/half black person, would be interracial dating for you.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

Are mixed people always dating outside their "race", or never dating outside their "race" because they have no "race"!

I can't figure it out....

Personally, I would never date outside of my species, i.e., Nerds/freaks (the difference is only in fashion, let me tell you) so it doesn't matter I suppose.

Well there's not really any distinct races anyhow, it's all one big spectra.

I think it only matters if you meet someone you're attracted to and she's attracted to you - but of course it depends too on how you feel about race and mixing. And of course how potential dates feel about it.

In a way being half you don't really have a race - or else you could say you two. How you see it really depends on you as an individual but I suppose however you date it could be seen as mixed race dating because being you, -- a mixed race, you have no choice, you're already mixed race by yourself and also with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships