Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,495,863 times

Advertisements

Oh my! Did it occur to you, TVSG, that after just a little bit of an online chat she realized that she just wasn't interested in you and the cellphone deal was just a good excuse? Did you maybe tell her you were having some of those Fruit Loops for dinner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 10:25 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,326,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I would never date someone or even be friends with someone who couldn't be bothered to take my call. Texting sometimes is okay but all the time? Talking is way faster than texting, anyway.
lol it depends I have some friends who it takes forever to get them off the phone, the ones that you say "ok I'll talk to you later" and they keep right on going. It's just easier for me to send a text saying "hey wanna go to the movies Saturday" I don't know I guess became a texter because i was always in school or at work or somewhere where I didn't feel comfortable talking on the phone (i hate seeing people yapping on the phone in public - like really that conversation couldn't wait until you were out of the grocery store) so it allowed me to communicate without actually talking, now I just prefer it. Plus when we were all in college we had the cheapest possible plans so daytime minutes were only used for extreme emergencies. My best friend was so paranoid about going over her minutes her voice mail would say "hey I'm not answering because I'm low on minutes, text me or I'll call back when it's free"

Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 AM

544 posts, read 1,055,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
lol it depends I have some friends who it takes forever to get them off the phone, the ones that you say "ok I'll talk to you later" and they keep right on going. It's just easier for me to send a text saying "hey wanna go to the movies Saturday" I don't know I guess became a texter because i was always in school or at work or somewhere where I didn't feel comfortable talking on the phone (i hate seeing people yapping on the phone in public - like really that conversation couldn't wait until you were out of the grocery store) so it allowed me to communicate without actually talking, now I just prefer it. Plus when we were all in college we had the cheapest possible plans so daytime minutes were only used for extreme emergencies. My best friend was so paranoid about going over her minutes her voice mail would say "hey I'm not answering because I'm low on minutes, text me or I'll call back when it's free"
lol i remember those day i used to try to keep all my calls under 60 seconds lol i used to decline the calls and then call whomever it was from a landline

Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,188,047 times
SO sick of phone addicts......

If you would of said that to someone who didn't have a balloon for a head they would of seen in discussion that you are a planner with a good head on his shoulders. Much better for relationships than any idiot with like the newest phone.

But thats ok..being that she is a total phone addict she has been subjected to massive doses of brain damaging waves.

Protecting Our Health: Cell phones cause damage to rat brains

Its not her fault. LOL

Old 06-07-2009, 03:37 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,378,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
lol i tried that once before "this is my friend's phone I'm just holding it for her." so he asked for my house number and dialed it while we were standing there, which of course was a made up number...so then i felt stupid Now I just say I have a boyfriend but thanks for the compliment
Lol. I have done the same thing on occasion. A guy walks up to me from out of nowhere and is practically demanding I give him my phone number. I just tell him I have a boyfriend. Once I even said I was married cus the guy wouldnt get the point. The guys in my neighborhood and such that I meet in the street, now go around saying that as long as I'm not married i'm still up for grabs. That of course, is not the case with me ,since I am a very sincere and loyal mate. They think that just cause they annoy me more I will say yes.

Oh and just to clarify to all at CD, my previous post sounded like I was trying to pick the guy up, when in reality it was him who was trying to date me. But he didnt have a phone.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:33 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,572,060 times
Must be terrible to thing that people think they have to keep tabs on you at all times of the day.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,048,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Must be terrible to thing that people think they have to keep tabs on you at all times of the day.
How true. I hate cell phones, and the few times I've had one, I keep it turned off. I only use it for emergencies. Fortunately, my boyfriend has the same attitude about them. We have no desire to keep tabs on each other during the day or night.

My co-workers are addicted to their cell phones and calling their s/o's, and it's a sad thing to see, but that will never be me.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,079,237 times
As much as I HATE lying to get rid of someone, I have to admit when a guy gets persistent, I'll make up a boyfriend.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:35 PM

496 posts, read 938,964 times
TVSG, on another thread you posted asking if it was acceptable to turn your cell phone off so you didn't wait for it to ring. Which is it? You have or you no have or you occasionally imagine that you hypothetically have or that you hypothetically don't have?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:38 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,159,137 times
you mean that is all that is standing between me and julianne moore?
ill get a whole case of em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships