U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-06-2009, 07:00 PM

81 posts, read 159,719 times

Advertisements

For people that are married or in long-term relationships; do you ever get bored? Bored from being with the same person for so long. If so I want to hear how a man handles it. And how a woman handles it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,673,857 times
Go on C-D

Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM

543 posts, read 657,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrice McCullough View Post
For people that are married or in long-term relationships; do you ever get bored? Bored from being with the same person for so long. If so I want to hear how a man handles it. And how a woman handles it.
Nope i don't ever get bored with my so - i sometimes get bored with our lives because we fall into routines and just kinda start going through the motions of life usually when one of us notices that happening we'll try to get away for the weekend or go out dancing somewhere we've never been on rent a movie we've never seen i dont think i'll ever be bored with my so one of the best times ive ever had with my so is when things were gtiing bad we were getting ready to move out of state and she was busy at work i was busy reseraching schools, dealing with movers, trying to sell our things, making arrangeents for the kids and we fell into this not talking to each other and things finally hitthe roof we sent the kids to grandmas filled the tub up with hot water and spent the night talking and eating vanilla wafers

Old 06-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Go on C-D
I'm a little lame; what does this mean?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:29 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,673,857 times
You are on C-D

Old 06-06-2009, 07:31 PM

LOL!!!!!! I told you. LAME

Old 06-06-2009, 07:42 PM

3,002 posts, read 4,576,066 times
I got bored only for one period b/c my wife got boring as far as she was going through some issues where she kind of checked out on me (and the kids for that matter) for a minute there. That situation was addressed.

In general it's never been boring b/c we're always looking for new experiences and new things to do together. So though you're with the same person y'all not doing the same stuff. I don't get the concept that your life is over once you're married. In the beginning of our marriage we agreed to have a minimum of 2 vacations a year. With kids it has grown to 3.

1.one vacation together
2.one vacation w/o each other with our friends
3.one family vacation

We've never actually done #2, we get enough Gov't required time apart (like right now). In fact, i'm going to talk about replacing #2 with couples vacation where another couple joins us.

In addition to this we have a date night, sometimes we'll get a hotel room, just to not be in the house. We always keep the room key. We have quite a collection. I also try to pick up on my wife all the time. In another thread I mentioned how I have a tendency to wander off when we go shopping. Well alot of times when I find my wife I'll pretend she's a stranger. An example of one encounter is me approaching her and she'll say, "I'm married, and my husband is around here. You better leave me alone before he comes back" and I'll say something like "Your husband's lucky dude, he shouldn't let someone as beautiful as you walk around by yourself anyway" you get the idea

If this thread is about the bedroom I can give you all kind of tips, examples, and how-tos, but it would require a PM. nothing graphic, obscene, or weird, but not quite PG-13.

Some PG-13 examples that I've mentioned in other threads, are the road trip where you make a "stop" in every state. More casually, you could just make sure you do it in every state through which you travel normally.

Another would be the periodic table:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
1st sequential. then once you tried them all twice, in case u did it wrong the first time, you break out the darts

http://www.posters.com/i/c/393855_Periodic-Table-of-Sex.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-06-2009, 07:46 PM

543 posts, read 657,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I got bored only for one period b/c my wife got boring as far as she was going through some issues where she kind of checked out on me (and the kids for that matter) for a minute there. That situation was addressed.

In general it's never been boring b/c we're always looking for new experiences and new things to do together. So though you're with the same person y'all not doing the same stuff. I don't get the concept that your life is over once you're married. In the beginning of our marriage we agreed to have a minimum of 2 vacations a year. With kids it has grown to 3.

1.one vacation together
2.one vacation w/o each other with our friends
3.one family vacation

We've never actually done #2, we get enough Gov't required time apart (like right now). In fact, i'm going to talk about replacing #2 with couples vacation where another couple joins us.

In addition to this we have a date night, sometimes we'll get a hotel room, just to not be in the house. We always keep the room key. We have quite a collection. I also try to pick up on my wife all the time. In another thread I mentioned how I have a tendency to wander off when we go shopping. Well alot of times when I find my wife I'll pretend she's a stranger. An example of one encounter is me approaching her and she'll say, "I'm married, and my husband is around here. You better leave me alone before he comes back" and I'll say something like "Your husband's lucky dude, he shouldn't let someone as beautiful as you walk around by yourself anyway" you get the idea

If this thread is about the bedroom I can give you all kind of tips, examples, and how-tos, but it would require a PM. nothing graphic, obscene, or weird, but not quite PG-13.

Some PG-13 examples that I've mentioned in other threads, are the road trip where you make a "stop" in every state. More casually, you could just make sure you do it in every state through which you travel normally.

Another would be the periodic table:
how bout you send me a PM too i'd love to see it!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:07 AM
miu

13,033 posts, read 22,430,472 times
With two prior boyfriends and a husband, I got bored with them about the three year mark of our relationship, then by the fifth year, I'd have broken up with them and broken their hearts. However, with my current boyfriend, I'm still very happy with him after six years of being a couple and living together. The big difference is, he is my intellectual equal and we share many common interests and activities together.

So my theory is, with my exes, I had started dating them based on just crush feelings and without thinking about the long term consequences of being with a guy that wasn't as smart or well educated as I was. With my exes, we slowly grew apart as they never changed from being the man I first met. However, I kept exploring new interests and hobbies. I never want to stop learning, but they didn't care about gaining more knowledge. With my current boyfriend, we never run out of topics to talk about or things to do together. And I will never make the mistake of dating a man beneath my intellectual level again. A physical attraction is just not enough to base a long term relationship on, at least not for me.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:48 AM

19,022 posts, read 14,474,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
With two prior boyfriends and a husband, I got bored with them about the three year mark of our relationship, then by the fifth year, I'd have broken up with them and broken their hearts. However, with my current boyfriend, I'm still very happy with him after six years of being a couple and living together. The big difference is, he is my intellectual equal and we share many common interests and activities together.

So my theory is, with my exes, I had started dating them based on just crush feelings and without thinking about the long term consequences of being with a guy that wasn't as smart or well educated as I was. With my exes, we slowly grew apart as they never changed from being the man I first met. However, I kept exploring new interests and hobbies. I never want to stop learning, but they didn't care about gaining more knowledge. With my current boyfriend, we never run out of topics to talk about or things to do together. And I will never make the mistake of dating a man beneath my intellectual level again. A physical attraction is just not enough to base a long term relationship on, at least not for me.
<chuckles>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships