Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 06:51 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You don't have enough time for your kids if you work....you let a day care or school raise them instead. Unless there's a stay-at-home parent that can attend to them.
If you really believe this, you are sadly out of touch with the real world. I imagine you have many other problems in your life as well.

I almost feel sorry for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
The day cares aren't raking in cash for nothing. While they have your kid, you're not involved in raising them. You are failing them...by not being there. Just like those Colombine teenagers, their parents failed them by spending far too much time at work.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
The day cares aren't raking in cash for nothing. While they have your kid, you're not involved in raising them. You are failing them...by not being there. Just like those Colombine teenagers, their parents failed them by spending far too much time at work.
Your argument is completely invalidated by all the healthy, functioning adults in the world who grew up with working parents. If we followed your logic, kids would be better off home-schooled. But kids need to be around other kids. They learn a lot of valuable social skills that way. And there's such a thing as spending too much time with your parents. Those kids have a hard time being on their own as adults.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
What does any of this have to do with single moms and dating? why don't you start a thread about family values and stop hijacking this one?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
What does any of this have to do with single moms and dating? why don't you start a thread about family values and stop hijacking this one?
Unfortunately, TK had an unpleasant childhood (from what I recall in some earlier posts). His inane ranting is, I think, a result of his lingering bitterness.

Most of us know better than to pay any attention to such rubbish.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:26 PM

543 posts, read 999,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmiley06 View Post
I'm not saying all single moms are this way, but the majority of single moms have turned out this way. I went to grad school with a few single moms that were very hard working and didn't need to rely on someone else for help and I commend them. But don't kid yourself, if you think for one nanosecond I'll give up my education and training to be with some girl who has 1 or 2 kids with no education and can barely hold on to a job, you're out of your vulcan mind! Can't wait to hear the hatemail on this post, this ought to be fun to read later next week.
I was raised by single parents who were in their 20's when I was in grades school!!!!!!!

They had good jobs and finished college before I entered middle school (taking two or three classes a year, while already having an associate or military training). They gave us a nice life, and decided to remake their lives when the three of us (I have two other brothers) were already in our teenage years.

NOT ALL SINGLE PARENTS ARE ALIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me, I learned from their mistake. I don't have kids, a long term relationship and next year, I'll go to William and Mary law School at the College of William and Mary.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
It has to do with single moms, obviously. You know people can have tangential conversations without it being "hijacking".

Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
It has to do with single moms, obviously. You know people can have tangential conversations without it being "hijacking".
yes but what you have been doing isn't tangential - it's hijacking, obviously.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Actually, what he's doing is using this thread to promote his own antiquated values. Some people still think a woman's place is in the home. Sad.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
It would be hijacking if I started talking about pizza. That has NOTHING to do with the thread. Obviously, single motherhood...and why aren't there too many single dads?...is tangential to the discussion at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships