Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
But it appears VP wants women who are looking for his type, and that no women are, so all women, even troll-girls will be settling.

Finally somebody gets it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post

While I've not read all of that obviously, if the general point is that men that are on the "fugly" meter at the same scale as a woman won't get any attention, then afraid he would be spot on. Men will lower their standards far more quickly to get some perceived advantage, and their range of what is physically desirable is greater. Put a 400lbs man and woman in separate clubs with a far larger percentage of the opposite sex in each, the guy is 99 out of a 100 times going to come out at the end of the night empty, the woman will have gotten hit on at least a few times by some men who found it desireable.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Nice to see people are finally starting to get it.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Can I live with you on that planet? Do they do time-shares there? Beach front?

I know what you're saying there, but that's stretchin' reality a bit there.
It could be that his mind is so ugly because he claims that his appearance is so ugly. Or it could be that his personality is so ugly that he comes off as totally ugly. You can have a bangin' woman who is a hot babe 10 and an average girl say around a 6. If that hot babe 10 is all crunched up, hostile, and ugly on the inside and the 6 is peaceful, welcoming, and playful. I'm going to take that 6 almost every time.

People give off vibes and I bet this guy gives off an unwelcoming vibe, thus slamming the door in the face of any potential woman that may give him a second thought. He probably goes around his daily life mis-interpreting things focusing on the negative. He may think a woman that smiles at him on an elevator was giving him a pity smile. Who knows? Bottomline is if he is able to think positively and give off a cool air, who knows what will come his way? It certainly will be better than what is coming his way now which is pretty much nothing.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
You have sexy all wrong, OP. Sexy is not a look but a way of life. You have to exude it. Your mind is probably too toxic for any woman to find you attractive.
So I suppose the women of the world are secretly telepathic mutants like the "X-Men"?

Quote:
You have to get your mind right and work on yourself a little bit before you go and complain about the way things are. I think you've already closed the door on any woman wanting to be with you before you've ever even walked up to it! My God, man, work on yourself and it has nothing to do with the way you look.

When people say "work on your additude" it is just to make guys like me feel better, nothing more.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times
haha, telepathy and emoting are two different things. You give off signals every living moment of your life. And I'm sure, if you go around on a daily basis as your posts describe, you are emitting negative emotions such as anger, frustration, hostility, etc. People can pick up on these things. Communication is 90% body language you know...I'm just suggesting you switch it up for 21 days. What do you have to lose? Do you have enough will power to do it? It's been proven that any habit can be broken or created if one perfoms that habit for twenty one consecutive days. Try it out. Think positive and work on your inner peace. And by inner peace, that means your well being. It's a little hard to do if you are a caffeine junky.

I'd offer you the following advice:

- Get a 90 minute Deep Tissue massage ASAP

- Stretch for 5 minutes every day (even at your desk). You can do neck rolls, touch your toes, trunk twisters, etc.

- Find a way to incorporate 100 jumping jacks, 20 sit ups, and 20 push ups every day

- Get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes every week. That can even be walking extremely fast 5 minutes a day Monday through Saturday and then you can rest on Sunday.

Bottomline is you need to switch it up just for the h3ll of it. Mine as well try something new. What do you have to lose? What do you have to gain?

Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 AM

455 posts, read 1,018,281 times
victorianpunk,

Your parents genes are mostly responsible for your looks (not 100% to all you contrarians). It's obvious that people of your ilk have come together in the past, you are living proof of that.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:17 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So I suppose the women of the world are secretly telepathic mutants like the "X-Men"?

When people say "work on your additude" it is just to make guys like me feel better, nothing more.
no, since dating is part attitude.

Who wants to date somebody who is negative? negative people draw others down.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:24 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
So all those people who end up with people who were not initially their type are settling? No, they are choosing to be with the person they care about. So what if there wasn't an instant attraction - that is often how it goes. Sometimes you don't even notice the other person at first, then something happens... If only relationships were ideal and followed a romantically perfect storybook course.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:32 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
It could be that his mind is so ugly because he claims that his appearance is so ugly. Or it could be that his personality is so ugly that he comes off as totally ugly. You can have a bangin' woman who is a hot babe 10 and an average girl say around a 6. If that hot babe 10 is all crunched up, hostile, and ugly on the inside and the 6 is peaceful, welcoming, and playful. I'm going to take that 6 almost every time.

People give off vibes and I bet this guy gives off an unwelcoming vibe, thus slamming the door in the face of any potential woman that may give him a second thought. He probably goes around his daily life mis-interpreting things focusing on the negative. He may think a woman that smiles at him on an elevator was giving him a pity smile. Who knows? Bottomline is if he is able to think positively and give off a cool air, who knows what will come his way? It certainly will be better than what is coming his way now which is pretty much nothing.
Yes. When he doesn't have much going for you in the way of looks, he needs to make up for it elsewhere as the world is not going to accomodate him.

Disagreeing with certain aspects of his thinking is ignoring him - not intelligent processing. Thinking in absolutes and extremes and speaking for an entire gender or group is not productive. Spewing pus and "woe is me" is a buzz kill for any self-respecting human being. Even on a message board where you can't see a person's face, you can be just as easily turned off by their attitude and ignorance. So, I can imagine how bad it must be out there every day for him. You get what you give in this life.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:37 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
To the OP

Being looked at and treated like a piece of meat is a disgusting feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships