Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:44 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,866 times

Advertisements

7 or so years ago when I was in my late teens/early 20's I had nasty long black dyed hair, dressed in baggy ugly ripped clothes, did drugs, had no goals in life, sorta acted like a wannabe badass all the time, worked in a factory making like 8 bucks an hour, pretty much had a crappy attitude towards life 24/7.....and I had to beat away the women with away with a broom. I had girlfriends constantly.....

Fast forward to today...I've cleaned up my image, I dress nicer, went back to college, havent touched drugs in years, I have mellowed out and become a much more positive person for the most part, I work out and play sports in my free time....and I cant get a date to save my life.

Anybody else (especially guys) change their life for the better only to see their dating life take a nosedive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 10:54 PM

28 posts, read 67,890 times
Hmm. You may seem "boring" now to some women. Or you may have just been more focused on girls back then too.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:59 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengirl40 View Post
Hmm. You may seem "boring" now to some women. Or you may have just been more focused on girls back then too.
Maybe he just seems "boring" to the girls who are like the ones he was "beating away with a broom."

It seems like a lot of girls up until 25 are really into the "bad boys." I think it has something to do with the excitement of dating a bad boy or whatever. I wouldn't know personally, as I'm not a bad boy or a girl, but my last ex-girlfriend liked bad boys (I guess she needed a change of pace for about a year). Edit: I just wanted to clarify that not all women are like this and some mature way before 25.

My best advice would be to put yourself out there to the women, and not girls.

Last edited by Slanderous; 06-07-2009 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 AM

468 posts, read 1,220,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
7 or so years ago when I was in my late teens/early 20's I had nasty long black dyed hair, dressed in baggy ugly ripped clothes, did drugs, had no goals in life, sorta acted like a wannabe badass all the time, worked in a factory making like 8 bucks an hour, pretty much had a crappy attitude towards life 24/7.....and I had to beat away the women with away with a broom. I had girlfriends constantly.....

Fast forward to today...I've cleaned up my image, I dress nicer, went back to college, havent touched drugs in years, I have mellowed out and become a much more positive person for the most part, I work out and play sports in my free time....and I cant get a date to save my life.

Anybody else (especially guys) change their life for the better only to see their dating life take a nosedive?
Yeah.

You say you "dress nicer" however now you're not getting so many women, so maybe you're dressing gayish. No kidding. What are you wearing these days, khakis? polo shirts? gayish golf shoes? That's not the guys that women see in rap or rock videos.

You can always BE nice yet DRESS and POSE like you did back then. It works, stupidly enough. You can still keep the majority of the nice behavior.

One stupid example is wearing a chain for your keys and a spike metal belt and an angry looking tshirt and jeans. You will get those young girls heads to turn. Yup, just from this. No need to be baggy-clothes, that's lame anyway. Hey, I wish it were some other way, though that's life.

Keep in mind (big stereotype here) that the fashion industry is "run" by homosexual men who are creating fashion they find attractive when worn by other/young homosexual men. Go on some fashion boards and there are many threads on this topic. So "dressing nice" means that you don't look sexual at all to women... you look tame & lame, or best case, metrosexual, which could be considered "clean and trendy and nice/crisp looking" though it doesn't get the same head-turning from women.. it gets head turns from guys! Not the effect you wanted, I'm sure. Not "Gene Simmons" by any stretch!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post

Dude, before, you stood out, NOW, you are just another responsible "douche bag" (I am not calling you a douche bag, just saying that that is what women think looking at you)

Go ahead, keep going to school, stay away from drugs, but dress like you used to and keep doing everything else you used to. Bottom line is this that I learned from another guy's funny dating story:

He was an absolute looser who sucked at school and life and women hated him. So what did he do? He joined the army. He came back and suddenly, while still being a looser and still being shy as hell, he had to fight the ladies off with a stick and why? BECAUSE OF THE STUPID MILITARY UNIFORM!

The bottom line is, if you look good and have a dumb gimmick, like a military uniform, a "sexy" instrument you play (the saxaphone, the guitar) or have a "sexy" accent, like French, OR are an all around "bad arse" who dresses the part, women will dig you.

Women like the same thing old school professional Wrestling Audiences liked: The Cheesy gimmick. They don't want just "a guy" they want "that guy with the French accent!" or "That military guy!"

Go back to the old gimmick and see what happens.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:53 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
Not everyone is that superficial.
But I keep hearing men who want younger women. And the funny thing is, I look younger than the ones rejecting me, so go figure that one.
Like a 25 year old is going to date a 50 year old man.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
But I keep hearing men who want younger women.

Google the term "MILF" then get back to me. Plenty of men like older women.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Google the term "MILF" then get back to me. Plenty of men like older women.

Yeah, you're right...for sex...
That's what the term means.

But date them and have a real CARING relationship, no. They don't want that with them.

Men my age seem to have no testerone.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 AM

Typo, it's "testosterone"

Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Yeah, you're right...for sex...
That's what the term means.

But date them and have a real CARING relationship, no. They don't want that with them.

Men my age seem to have no testerone.

I personally have seen twenty something year old men with women in their fourties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships